Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many stalls have you had in your journey?

So I have hit a stall. It's been about 3 weeks and scale isn't moving. I know stalls are a norm but damn they are frustrating. 😂

I was just curious, how many such significant stalls did you come across during your weight loss phase? (Definitely more a question for those who are already a year or 2 post-Op).

I’m 3.5 years out.

Well first depends what you define as a stall.

I went by the definition whereby:

Stall = 7 consecutive days of no net weight loss AND no inch loss in that same period.

By that definition, I didn’t have any.

There was one week in month 3 when I thought i was going to record a stall, but I ended up losing less than 1 lb that week, and on “measurement day” (for me it was Wednesdays) i ended up recording like tiny fractions of inch loss in various areas. So technically, not a stall.

But that didn’t mean I wasn’t semi-disappointed that week and that the familiar fear of regain didn’t rear its ugly head. And wondered, yikes! is this it?

Stalls, excess skin and Hair loss, the holy trinity of WLS fears.

They happen to most more often than not, and become non issues at the same frequency.

Stay in your calorie deficit and it’ll come of.

You sound like you are taking it in stride though (vs panicking and suffering in angst)…so you are already ahead of the game ❤️

Good Luck! ❤️

Edited by ms.sss

Ugh, I'm in one right now. Going on 4 weeks. It's the longest and most annoying one so far, and happened at about 8 months from surgery. I had a couple week one back in November and a few much shorter ones in between. However, I can say that while the weight is stalled this time around, I've lost inches. I'm telling myself this will pass, and maybe my body is taking time to settle in before we tackle the next 10-15 lbs. I'm just continuing to do what I have been doing, and trying not to get obsessed with it.

I've lost count, and I'm almost 8 months out. The longest has been about three weeks? I have them so often I'm just used to it now. Another one just broke this week. Another one will inevitably start in another week or so, and 'round and 'round I go.

Not from a year+ person, I know, but I'm clearly never going to stop stalling.

Edited by Smanky

I have lost count too. My body is really weird. I have "stalled" almost every month. It ranges from 10 days to 2 weeks. The longest for me so far is 15 days. Usually the first 2 weeks of the month, then I get a big drop. My 9th month now, and I just got the 4.5 lb drop at the end of April.

Sent from my SM-S908U using BariatricPal mobile app

Honestly, this is my first stall, and I'm almost 8 months out. However, I am often away from the scale for a week or two due to my travel schedule, so it's hard to know for sure.

I think if you weigh less frequently you'll notice stalls less, as @The Greater Fool says.

I tend to weigh whenever I'm home and then keep track on a rolling monthly basis on MyFitnessPal. Using that system, I was losing about 8-9lbs a month until this month, when I've lost 4lb.

16 hours ago, tkkilen said:

I am in one right now. Surgery was on 4/18 and first week lost 9 lbs. since then nothing. It’s been 10 days….😩

Search up "three week stall" and you'll come across many posts by many of us having had such stalls right after surgery.

I have had one a week after post-Op and stayed for some good 3 weeks before scale started responding again.

My 5 month stall also lasted about 3 weeks and just few days back it finally broke.

So I have hit a stall. It's been about 3 weeks and scale isn't moving. I know stalls are a norm but damn they are frustrating. [emoji23]
I was just curious, how many such significant stalls did you come across during your weight loss phase? (Definitely more a question for those who are already a year or 2 post-Op).

I've been on a stall for over 2 months. And I'm in full panic mode. I feel I'm doing everything wrong

Sent from my SM-A716U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 5/18/2022 at 4:48 PM, GiGi 1970 said:

I've been on a stall for over 2 months. And I'm in full panic mode. I feel I'm doing everything wrong

Sent from my SM-A716U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi, I hope your stall has broken by now. Not sure of your stats so not sure which stage of the journey you're at. Stalls vary depending on various stages and reasons.