Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After surgery — did anyone take anything to alíviate the gas, I’m super bloated and in pain from the gas…a nurse at the hospital recommended Gas-X but my surgeon didn’t mention it. I need some help to alíviate this pain from the gas.

I did. for me it didnt help.

My surgery was 4/25. GasX was recommended by my Bariatric team. I tried it the first evening and it didn’t seem to help. I then had an extended issue with vomiting so I didn’t continue with the GasX and now it has mostly passed.

My surgeon listed GasX on my post surgical med list. But I didn’t have any gas pain (apparently my surgeon is known for his patients not having gas pain) so didn’t take any. Can’t say the same after he removed my gall though: the pain was not good. Unfortunately I forgot I had the gasX tablets so suffered through it. Just walked and stretched my arms up & down to try to force the gas up & out. Deep, slow breathing is supposed to help too.

I never had any gas or gas pain post-op, but I walked a LOT up and down the hospital hallways all night long. I heard walking was the best remedy for it.

Yep, I took it every 4ish hours for the first 2 weeks post-op. I didn't have a ton of gas pain, which I'm not sure how much was my surgeon and how much was the gas-x, but most surgeons do recommend it at least for the first few days after surgery. Walking regularly, sleeping somewhat propped up, and a heating pad all also help.

I didn’t have any gas pain but a lot of people on here mention they were prescribed gas. My surgeon said walking is the best way to alleviate gas pain.

The gas pain that happens immediately post-op is surgical gas trapped in the abdomen. Gas X does not help that. Walking so the body will absorb and get rid of the surgical gas is really the only way to get rid of it. I used Gas X to help me burp after surgery. I never had intestinal gas but would feel like I had a stuck burp from sipping without a straw all the time. The Gas X breaks the surface tension of the gas bubbles and makes it come up to burp.