Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking at June surgery - I hope

Hi, all: I started out on the April surgery buddies board. However, my Results visit with my surgeon is Monday, May 16, and I am looking for a surgery date of 6/13. School will be out, and I won't have to stress about recovering.

I'm particularly interested in reading surgery and recovery experiences. I've amassed a large amount of useful information in the short amount of time I have been here.

My surgeon's admin told me yesterday that many of his patients choose to start the liver shrinking diet 2 weeks prior to their Results visit which is about a week away. That would put me on liver shrinking eating plan for about 6 weeks which doesn't really interest me, and my nutritionist said that might be difficult to sustain. I agree.

I may try something rather modified until the 5/16 visit, and follow my doctor's instructions regarding a liquid diet and a time frame for that.

Good luck to everyone here.

PS: FTR, my Protein Shake of choice is FairLife chocolate, and I do like the Gatorade Zero Protein Drinks.

I agree that six weeks would be very hard to sustain if it is all liquid or very strict. Mine was not super strict. I was allowed egg whites and meat as well as low starch veggies plus yogurt and sugar free popsicles or Jello. I was also allowed free foods like lettuce and pickles. There were a few other free foods but I can only remember making a lot of pickle salads. lol. Those foods were limited quantities too so I was hungry for those pickle salads. You may be able to handle doing something like that for 6 weeks if you wanted to?? It’s basically just low carb which most of have done but with stricter portion sizes than I had ever done.

On 04/27/2022 at 16:36, ShoppGirl said:

I agree that six weeks would be very hard to sustain if it is all liquid or very strict. Mine was not super strict. I was allowed egg whites and meat as well as low starch veggies plus yogurt and sugar free popsicles or Jello. I was also allowed free foods like lettuce and pickles. There were a few other free foods but I can only remember making a lot of pickle salads. lol. Those foods were limited quantities too so I was hungry for those pickle salads. You may be able to handle doing something like that for 6 weeks if you wanted to?? It’s basically just low carb which most of have done but with stricter portion sizes than I had ever done.

Thank you for the extremely helpful ideas…pickle salad recipe please? And, believe it or not, I love egg white omelettes so I’m good with those. I’m thinking low calorie with free foods for 2 weeks or more. When I know my surgery date, then I can do 2 weeks strict liver shrinking. Please share any hints you have. And thanks again.

Just now, Mariann812 said:

Thank you for the extremely helpful ideas…pickle salad recipe please? And, believe it or not, I love egg white omelettes so I’m good with those. I’m thinking low calorie with free foods for 2 weeks or more. When I know my surgery date, then I can do 2 weeks strict liver shrinking. Please share any hints you have. And thanks again.

Pickle salad was just lettuce with cut up pickles. They were just two foods that I was allowed unlimited and who wants to eat just lettuce so I cut up pickles and told myself I could have as much pickle salad as I wanted.

When I was on that diet for a week I had steak and grilled onion almost every night. My husband makes really good steak and caramelizes onions on the grill and I figured I would not be able to have steak for quite a while so I ate it till I was sick of it. You can also have chicken and other non starchy veggies.

Hi, all: I started out on the April surgery buddies board. However, my Results visit with my surgeon is Monday, May 16, and I am looking for a surgery date of 6/13. School will be out, and I won't have to stress about recovering.
I'm particularly interested in reading surgery and recovery experiences. I've amassed a large amount of useful information in the short amount of time I have been here.
My surgeon's admin told me yesterday that many of his patients choose to start the liver shrinking diet 2 weeks prior to their Results visit which is about a week away. That would put me on liver shrinking eating plan for about 6 weeks which doesn't really interest me, and my nutritionist said that might be difficult to sustain. I agree.
I may try something rather modified until the 5/16 visit, and follow my doctor's instructions regarding a liquid diet and a time frame for that.
Good luck to everyone here.
PS: FTR, my Protein Shake of choice is FairLife chocolate, and I do like the Gatorade Zero Protein Drinks.

I am happy to hear you finally have your surgery date. Don't stress over any of it and just follow what your doc suggests. My surgery and recovery have gone extremely well. I did hit a stall for a week in my weight loss but am doing all according to plan and it will turn around. I pray all will go as well for you.

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X705F using BariatricPal mobile app