Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My hell week starts tomorrow (April 26th)

Just now, Crisscat said:

Im first up tomorrow morning. I have to check in at 545am!!

Good luck!!! Are you super excited??

4 minutes ago, Future Sleeve Diva said:

Good luck!!! Are you super excited??

Thank you! Im ready to get it over with already lol

Good luck to you as well! You arent too far behind me with your surgery

7 hours ago, Future Sleeve Diva said:

Thank you!!! I'm in Colorado, too. Who did your surgery?

Dr. Shoen at University Hospital (UCHealth) in Denver.

10 minutes ago, FutureSylph said:

Dr. Shoen at University Hospital (UCHealth) in Denver.

I'm in Denver, too! I'm having mine with Dr John Weaver at the Denver Center for Bariatric Surgery!!

Well, I made it!!!! So I had my surgery yesterday the 3rd. It went well, but the gas pain was NO JOKE. It was really really bad yesterday. But I did walking a lot and today it's not nearly as bad. Passed gas a few times and it helped. I had a drain in one of my incisions, and it pulled on that one and the one next to it. They removed it before I went home this afternoon (about 3pm) but that's where the majority of my pain is. Well there, and for some reason my neck, shoulder, and chest muscles really hurt. Like...why? I can also attest that you definitely DO NOT want to drink anything cold. Warm, warm, warm is the way to go. Do I really need to tell you how I know? lol I was sent home with a blood thinner (Lovonox), Oxycontin, and Phenergan (anti nausea). And I have been so so so tired. I fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Anyway, that's my update. I'm tired so I'm going to take my 989462510th nap of the day.

Congrats! Worst part is done with. Now you just have to focus on healing. Did they give you a binder? That really helped me with pain.
Also yeah, the napping is no joke. I'm 3 months post op and still find I need naps some days when pre op I was not a napper. But yeah, the first 2 weeks after surgery. I was falling asleep left and right. Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats on your surgery. Whoo hoo!!

The upper body pain is likely gas pain. It rises in your body as it escapes. Tends to make one shoulder hurt more than the other. Walk, when not napping 😉, to help it escape.

Love those nana naps. Which I had an excuse to still have one every day. 😁

26 minutes ago, Future Sleeve Diva said:

Well, I made it!!!! So I had my surgery yesterday the 3rd. It went well, but the gas pain was NO JOKE. It was really really bad yesterday. But I did walking a lot and today it's not nearly as bad. Passed gas a few times and it helped. I had a drain in one of my incisions, and it pulled on that one and the one next to it. They removed it before I went home this afternoon (about 3pm) but that's where the majority of my pain is. Well there, and for some reason my neck, shoulder, and chest muscles really hurt. Like...why? I can also attest that you definitely DO NOT want to drink anything cold. Warm, warm, warm is the way to go. Do I really need to tell you how I know? lol I was sent home with a blood thinner (Lovonox), Oxycontin, and Phenergan (anti nausea). And I have been so so so tired. I fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Anyway, that's my update. I'm tired so I'm going to take my 989462510th nap of the day.

Congrats on your surgery and glad to hear you are doing well considering. I took a ton of naps too. I just went with it. My husband actually got a kick out of it.

When does it stop hurting when taking pills? I cry by the time I'm done (I take them one at a time) because it hurts. I am hoping it's because of the swelling and irritation and not a forever thing. Also, no I didn't get a binder. And my arms (the backs of them) are completely black and blue (actually, the bruises are so dark they almost look black) from the Heparin they gave me twice a day in the hospital and now with the Lovonox, I'm guessing I'm just gonna look like this for a good minute. They said I could do the shots on my stomach, but I told them no chance lol There's enough going on with my stomach already, not adding this to it. They used this clear sealant stiff on 4 of my incisions and the 5th had the drain in it so it's open but has dressing on it. Let me tell you....when they took that drain out I almost passed out. It hurt sooooo bad!!!!! The thinner clear tubing was ok, but there was a wider white part that was like 9 inches long that I thought was gonna kill me. No joke. OMG. Well, I'm heading for a walk and then probably the bathroom and bed...again lol Thank you so much for all your support. I went into this so calm and informed because of everyone on this forum. You guys ROCK!!!! Maybe I'll show pics of me pre and post op, my incisions, and my crazy looking arms lol Have a good one!!!

1 hour ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

When does it stop hurting when taking pills? I cry by the time I'm done (I take them one at a time) because it hurts. I am hoping it's because of the swelling and irritation and not a forever thing. Also, no I didn't get a binder. And my arms (the backs of them) are completely black and blue (actually, the bruises are so dark they almost look black) from the Heparin they gave me twice a day in the hospital and now with the Lovonox, I'm guessing I'm just gonna look like this for a good minute. They said I could do the shots on my stomach, but I told them no chance lol There's enough going on with my stomach already, not adding this to it. They used this clear sealant stiff on 4 of my incisions and the 5th had the drain in it so it's open but has dressing on it. Let me tell you....when they took that drain out I almost passed out. It hurt sooooo bad!!!!! The thinner clear tubing was ok, but there was a wider white part that was like 9 inches long that I thought was gonna kill me. No joke. OMG. Well, I'm heading for a walk and then probably the bathroom and bed...again lol Thank you so much for all your support. I went into this so calm and informed because of everyone on this forum. You guys ROCK!!!! Maybe I'll show pics of me pre and post op, my incisions, and my crazy looking arms lol Have a good one!!!

Yikes that drain thing sounds like the pits. I wonder why some people need them and others don’t. At least they took it out right away though. I had something similar when I got a melanoma cut out. Mine was just the clear tube you mentioned, but it stayed in for a good week at least. It sounds like you are trucking along the road to recovery. You will probably take lots of naps for a while. Just keep walking and sipping and you will be back to yourself before you know it.

5 hours ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

I’m sorry to hear that you are in such pain. I never had any issues swallowing pills or Water after surgery so I would have to think maybe you are very swollen. I took homeopathic arnica tabs that dissolved under my mouth before and after surgery (dr approved) to minimize swelling. Hang in there and just rest and it will get better.

7 hours ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

Congrats on a successful survey! Now listen to your body and rest!

6 hours ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

Yay! You did it. Sounds like your body was put through it's paces. I am sorry that the pills hurt going down. You have certainly earned rest and lots of it. Soon this will be a thing of the past. You are now officially on your way to being a Sleeve Diva. This time next year you will be wearing a winners sash. Well done. :)

So the gas pain has gone away from everywhere except my left side. It's concentrated from under my left breast to my ribs, shoulder, and neck. I walk, I took gas x, nothing is helping. Anyone have any other advise? It's excruciating and makes it very painful to take deep breaths or even get comfortable.

5 minutes ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

So the gas pain has gone away from everywhere except my left side. It's concentrated from under my left breast to my ribs, shoulder, and neck. I walk, I took gas x, nothing is helping. Anyone have any other advise? It's excruciating and makes it very painful to take deep breaths or even get comfortable.

Have you tried a heating pad on the area? That helped break up some residual stubborn gas for me.