Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Find out this week: May or June Surgery Date

My file is complete per my surgeon’s admin. I’m going to start the CPAP tonight or tomorrow night. The admin will call Monday to set up my ‘Results’ appointment with the surgeon, and my paperwork will go to CIGNA on Monday.
Now I wait.
I’m so tempted to book a date in May and only give myself 5 days till I’m back at school. HOWEVER, I will most likely choose to do the more prudent thing, and have surgery June 9th or 10th-ish when school is out.
Yes, I am enjoying a food bucket list until I start the pre-op diet. My BMI is 40.9 and I’m hell bent on keeping it there till Cigna says yes.

I’d love to hear from the April Surgery Buddies regarding your immediate post-op recovery. I guess that this week (fingers crossed) I will be able to join the June Surgery Buddies Group.

FWIW, I began this journey on 1/15 with research into WLS. My zoom call with the surgeon’s office was 2/22. The pre-procedure testing (extensive) began in March. I started out thinking sleeve, but I have opted for bypass. I have a large hiatal hernia that will be repaired during surgery.

4 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

My file is complete per my surgeon’s admin. I’m going to start the CPAP tonight or tomorrow night. The admin will call Monday to set up my ‘Results’ appointment with the surgeon, and my paperwork will go to CIGNA on Monday.
Now I wait.
I’m so tempted to book a date in May and only give myself 5 days till I’m back at school. HOWEVER, I will most likely choose to do the more prudent thing, and have surgery June 9th or 10th-ish when school is out.
Yes, I am enjoying a food bucket list until I start the pre-op diet. My BMI is 40.9 and I’m hell bent on keeping it there till Cigna says yes.

I’d love to hear from the April Surgery Buddies regarding your immediate post-op recovery. I guess that this week (fingers crossed) I will be able to join the June Surgery Buddies Group.

FWIW, I began this journey on 1/15 with research into WLS. My zoom call with the surgeon’s office was 2/22. The pre-procedure testing (extensive) began in March. I started out thinking sleeve, but I have opted for bypass. I have a large hiatal hernia that will be repaired during surgery.

Wishing you all all the best! My RNY was 4-5-22. Every day just gets better. My energy is still a lil low on purée 2 tbs plus liquids and shakes so not a ton of calories. All of my surgical incisions have healed. My surgery was on Tue and I was driving on Saturday for a pedicure and store run. My only advice is to toss the food Bucket List! Start focusing on your goals of better health and go into your surgery as healthy as possible. It will help you heal and it sets the foundation mind and body for a healthy YOU. This surgery is only a tool, if you can’t wrap your head around what it means to have a different relationship with food you will risk regain and misery on the other side. My procedure was a revision after 23 yr. Pls know I would hate anyone to have my experience of regain, shame, and fear. I wish I knew back then what I know now!

Tina 2.0

18 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

Now I wait.

So exciting you are getting much closer to a surgery date! My surgery is 4/27. I will post updates. I am particularly concerned about the post surgery nausea and gas pain everyone talks about. When I had my Lapband taken out, I experienced some nausea. In addition to prescription nausea meds, the hospital gave me a little cup with a piece gauze soaked in ginger essential oil. It seemed to really help my nausea then, so fingers crossed it will be just as effective if I need it this time!

Do yourself a favor and wait until school is out so that you won't rush back to work and rush and healing process. You'll be tired for a couple of weeks after surgery.

On 04/24/2022 at 11:02, Sleeving It Reel said:

So exciting you are getting much closer to a surgery date! My surgery is 4/27. I will post updates. I am particularly concerned about the post surgery nausea and gas pain everyone talks about. When I had my Lapband taken out, I experienced some nausea. In addition to prescription nausea meds, the hospital gave me a little cup with a piece gauze soaked in ginger essential oil. It seemed to really help my nausea then, so fingers crossed it will be just as effective if I need it this time!

Thank you! You are going in like less than 3 days! Best best wishes!
I’m concerned about the potential for nausea. I can stand pretty much anything except being nauseous. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Good luck and I’ll be looking for you to give an update!

On 04/24/2022 at 15:09, GradyCat said:

Do yourself a favor and wait until school is out so that you won't rush back to work and rush and healing process. You'll be tired for a couple of weeks after surgery.

You are SO right…I just can’t wait to get this show on the road I guess.
It will have to wait till school is out, though. We have only one day off in May, and that’s not enough. EOG’s are last week in May and they don’t end till June 8. I’m definitely looking at dates after that.
I know you’re right…I’d be so stressed that I wouldn’t be able to get back to school immediately that it’s best I wait.

32 minutes ago, Mariann812 said:

Thank you! You are going in like less than 3 days! Best best wishes!
I’m concerned about the potential for nausea. I can stand pretty much anything except being nauseous. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Good luck and I’ll be looking for you to give an update!

Same! Nausea is my nemesis! Hahaha

3 minutes ago, Franchesca Maribel said:

I going in May 9th!!!! Started my 2 week pre op diet

Good luck! You must be so excited!!!!!