Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What protein shakes for Reset to take off regain.

Hi all! I am 7 yrs out from gastric bypass. I did very well losing the weight, followed everything by the book. Mentally, I have struggled over these past 7 yrs with old mindset I’m supposed to be the fat one. I’ve always had a weight problem and it’s difficult to not let that creep back in my head. Self sabotage!
Decided to get on with it and take off the 40 lbs I’ve gained. QUESTION If doing a reset, do you do this for 5 days? 2 weeks? On liquid Protein Shakes? And what Protein shakes do you prefer? I am very lactose intolerant. Like many now, I’m sure.
Thank you in advance for any idea on which shake to drink, and how long!

I am on the 14 day pre-op diet now and the shakes I am drinking are the BEST and they are lactose free! Shamrock Farms Rockin' Protein Builder with 30g Protein, 9 net carbs and 190 calories. I drink three of them a day and have broth and sugar free Jello in between along with 64 oz of Water. I feel great! I do miss chewing but I know it is temporary. I have been on the liquid diet since 4/12 and I have lost 12 pounds.

Thanks! I haven’t heard of those since I haven’t been down that isle for awhile. Will definitely check them out. Thank you for sharing your plan, too.

1 hour ago, KC35 said:

Thanks! I haven’t heard of those since I haven’t been down that isle for awhile. Will definitely check them out. Thank you for sharing your plan, too.

I prefer plant-based Protein Shakes and these are some of my favorites:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09NP4XY96/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PJ181KP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 (these have an odd flavor, so you'll either love or hate them. Don't be mad if you don't like them, LOL)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FKRYPRT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Evolve-Plant-Based-Protein-Greens-Mixed/dp/B07P8J45JG

Some people find it super hard to do a liquid diet even for the short term. If it turns out not to work well for you, you can try going back to how you ate during your weight loss phase. You're much further out from surgery than I am, but I find that still works (and is a bit easier than all shakes).

I'm on a permanent re-set. I drink one or two premade lactose-free Protein Shakes each day and eat primarily Protein the rest of the day within my portion controlled sized. I've lost 30 lbs of regain recently but still need to lose more. I use GNC Lean shakes 25 g protein in Swiss chocolate flavor.

At costco they have Orgain Clean Protein Shakes which are lovely. There is both a animal and plant-based version. As far as length of time to do a reset, there are multiple schools of thought out there, however, I would recommend doing what seems right to you. I would start off with a limited diets of Protein shakes and green non-starchy vegetables. As you stabilize slowly add in fruit and regular meals. If it continues to be an issue going to a medical weight loss clinic might help too. Good Luck!