Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Under 300lb! WOOHOO

Weighed myself last night after a shower. 298lb. When i started the preop diet i was at 317. Exciting. I dont weigh myself everyday. I do it like every two weeks or longer. scales will drive people mad if they weigh themselves everyday. So far recovery has been blah... sleeping is the hardest because i cant sleep in my own bed, Its painful and i cant get up on my own, Recliner started to hurt my back after 2 days. so been going from chair to chair couch to couch. One good thing is the hunger is pretty much gone for now. I do not feel hungry at all through out the day. I have alarms set to make sure i am getting in the Protein and Water but thats proven to be difficult to get it all in but i do my best.

Edited by liveaboard15

Just do the best you can. My team says you should be hitting goals by 2 weeks. I just kept track and made sure I beat yesterdays goal even my 1g or 1oz every day until all a sudden I was hitting my goals.

You definitely have to drink constantly at first to hit it though.

Luckily I had bought a new couch (with recliners) and it came in the weekend before I had surgery so I had a new comfy recliner to sleep on for a few days. Took me about a week to be able to lay flat and then I laid on my side with a pillow holding my belly up so it didn't "pull" to make it more comfortable. After a few days of that I was sleeping normal but toss and turned a lot like I couldn't stay in the same position too long.

4 weeks out, I am good with sleep now probably since week 3.

It sucks in the beginning, but it really does get better quick.

Good luck and keep it up.

Doesn't it feel good to be a '200 rather than a 300.' I did a happy dance as soon as I saw that. Drinking so much liquids early on seems like a mountain you will never climb but eventually you will get there. Its the same with the Protein but you are early on. I had to sleep sat up for 3 weeks but the day finally came when I could lie flat. Pre op I would go to the loo at least 3 times in the night, now its once. A bonus I never thought of. Take care of yourself and just do the best you can.

That is awesome, congrats!

Congrats....keep it up. Try to walk around as much as possible, it will speed up your weight loss.

Yay! I bet it made you smile and with good reason 😁. Congrats :696_tada: