Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well i am meeting with the surgeon( to see if i am a canidate for surgery) this morning for a virtual appt and i am pretty nervous and although i am pretty nervous it's all part of the process , my question is when you met with the surgeon were you feeling the same way and do you think it's a good idea to tell him/her i am edgy i think if i do it will put me at ease, anyway i just wanted to put that out there and maybe get some replies , thank you for taking the time in reading this and i hope you have a good day.

Coop

Few Photos 005.jpg

Edited by thinblueline

Congrats! This is an exciting step in the process. I think its absolutely normal to have the jitters. Its a BIG step and a potentially life changing decision. I was extremely anxious when I met with my surgeon (and the 3 others I didn't go with over the years). He was very understanding and made sure all of my questions were answered. I subsequently had similar conversations with the cardiologist and anesthesiologist before surgery, and felt equally heard and understood by them. Hope you have a similar experience and come away feeling confident and ready to proceed!

Hello and congratulations on starting the process.

Tell them everything, ask them everything. They should make you feel comfortable.

They can't wipe away your anxiety but they can ensure you of your concerns and unknowns. Which should provide it's own level of comfort.

Good luck!

I think it’s a good idea to let your surgeon know that you are anxious. I know when I meet with mine I will let him know. This surgery is a major decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly and I am sure that most doctors will understand that their patients will have anxiety about the whole process. That’s why they are there, to help us through it, the good and the bad. They should provide us with all the information that we need, ask us questions, let us ask questions and ultimately let us be as comfortable with him/her as possible.

Good luck!

I met with my surgeon and we actually knew each other from the VA veterans ER he fills in there once and a while , anyway i am having the gatric sleeve as a result of some of the meds i am taking that won't digest properly if i went with the bypass, i am pretty excited and look forward to moving on with my life because i know after meeting with him today my quality of life will change for the better. He said the entire process will take about 4 months.

Coop

Thank you to those of you for the words of encouragement i am grateful !

Few Photos 077.jpg

Well I was going to agree is best to just tell them and I think this is the best idea for any of the doctors or nurses during the process. I told them all and they worked really hard to help me feel comfortable to the point it was really obvious and I just felt better because it was so sweet they were trying so hard. I’m glad you already knew the surgeon though.