Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alcohol 3 weeks post sleeve op.

2 minutes ago, Pollito said:

Again, I'm afraid to say, US sources display a frightening bias. Here, from the UK NHS:

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/quit-smoking/using-e-cigarettes-to-stop-smoking/

So a quick skim says they are regulated differently In the UK. That’s probably the source of the discrepancy.

3 minutes ago, Pollito said:

He's wrong.

Possibly, but I think in a pinch I’m going to take medical advice from the one with the medical degree.

Just now, ShoppGirl said:

Possibly, but I think in a pinch I’m going to take medical advice from the one with the medical degree.

💀 🤣

4 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I'll check the NHS website first in case there's a discrepancy and some crazy person says vaping is more dangerous than literal cigarettes.

7 minutes ago, BypassingMyPhatAss said:

💀 🤣

Don't think it's the home run you think it is. An actual doctor says smoking is less dangerous than vaping. Remember when Trump's doctor said he was the healthiest person in the world or whatever....Americans and their credentialist nonsense are just cringeworthy.

Just now, Pollito said:

I'll check the NHS website first in case there's a discrepancy and some crazy person says vaping is more dangerous than literal cigarettes.

To be honest after quickly skimming two articles my takeaway was that there are differences in regulations between the two countries. Therefore vaping here vs vaping there is different. So the results of the research is different. Because we are not vaping the same thing.

Just now, ShoppGirl said:

To be honest after quickly skimming two articles my takeaway was that there are differences in regulations between the two countries. Therefore vaping here vs vaping there is different. So the results of the research is different. Because we are not vaping the same thing.

Yeah, we're vaping primarily the same thing. Smoking is one of the most dangerous things you can do. Vaping is generally incredibly safe, even including the aberrant poisons. And anyone who says different, medical degree or magician or holy prophet, is wrong. The NHS article I posted also said that in a giant peer reviewed study, vaping was twice as effective at smoking cessation as any other nicotine replacement product. And that nicotine is essentially harmless.

Honestly, this thread is one of the most awful I've seen on this or any forum. Especially one that's supposed to help people.

1 minute ago, Pollito said:

Yeah, we're vaping primarily the same thing. Smoking is one of the most dangerous things you can do. Vaping is generally incredibly safe, even including the aberrant poisons. And anyone who says different, medical degree or magician or holy prophet, is wrong. The NHS article I posted also said that in a giant peer reviewed study, vaping was twice as effective at smoking cessation as any other nicotine replacement product. And that nicotine is essentially harmless.

Your praising the fact that something is peer reviewed in one breath and saying you think the medical community are wrong in the second breath.

1 hour ago, LilaNicole20 said:

One thing is for certain, there is no health benefit for it whatsoever

Like this. It's literally recommended by the NHS and many other health agencies to quit smoking. It's prescribed and paid for by the government. But professor LilaNicole20 knows better.

2 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Your praising the fact that something is peer reviewed in one breath and saying you think the medical community are wrong in the second breath.

Not at all. The medical community is correct. Your doctor isn't.

1 minute ago, Pollito said:

Not at all. The medical community is correct. Your doctor isn't.

Not quite sure I follow your logic but we can agree that this thread has gotten out of hand. I’m not certain the OP cares about vaping anyways.

Is this all you do is bicker at one another not a good idea she only asked if she could have a drink its supposed to be a site to help one another

Looking for advice on band to sleeve with Medicare. I’ve had band for 11 yrs. Very complicated health history. Staying thinner /healthier is imperative for me. I’ve gained back 30 lbs. My bmi is 29.1. Last time I checked several yrs ago it was going to be a problem to get surgery to revise to sleeve because I hadn’t gained all of my weight back and now my bmi wasn’t high enough Anyone else have experience with needing to keep weight down but not being high enough with your bmi now to have revision surgery done ?

1 minute ago, Nanajoy said:

Looking for advice on band to sleeve with Medicare. I’ve had band for 11 yrs. Very complicated health history. Staying thinner /healthier is imperative for me. I’ve gained back 30 lbs. My bmi is 29.1. Last time I checked several yrs ago it was going to be a problem to get surgery to revise to sleeve because I hadn’t gained all of my weight back and now my bmi wasn’t high enough Anyone else have experience with needing to keep weight down but not being high enough with your bmi now to have revision surgery done ?

Most insurance companies require a bmi of 40 or 35 with comorbidities for first time surgery but if you have a medical reason for needing a revision BMI can be less.