Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's Your Food Nemesis?

Something as simple as bread and butter is my food nemesis. Ive ate alot of sweets in my lifetime but I could go without eating them at times. Bread and butter? Im not sure lol

bread was always my PMT craving. Peanut paste, Promite, honey, cucumber, apricot jam were my go to toppings. Sometimes I felt like a whole loaf wouldn’t satisfy. At almost 3 years I still don’t eat bread (too heavy). Fortunately I don’t get the PMT cravings any more. Even though I generally avoid sugar, I find Desserts can be a real temptation. Last night I watched my family eat jelly, custard & pavlova with fruit & whipped cream (early Easter & s-I-l’s birthday dinner) & fought the voice in my head saying a little serving won’t hurt. I won over the voice but …

My big food love was noodles. It could be real Chinese or Thai ones in a flashy restaurant or the cheap as chips blocks which are full of calories and hidden additives at the discount supermarket. I loved them all. I would have eaten them for Breakfast, lunch and dinner if I could. I am not able to eat carbs yet, not enough room in my tummy but these might be first on my list

candy. Specifically any sort of Gummy candy, crunchy candy, jelly Beans, etc. basically if it is brightly colored and something that only a grade schooler should love then I was buying it in bulk.

I gave up candy pretty much completely post surgery. I know that I can tolerate pretty much anything so I bet I could eat candy again, but I also know that reintroducing it is a bad idea. I won’t say I don’t miss it, but I don’t miss the hold it used to have over me.

Wings!! Wings of any flavor, lemon pepper, Buffalo, barbecue. And even though I don’t like sweets, My moms recipe Peach Cobbler is still fighting me. If it’s near me I can’t resist. Thank goodness I can resist others though lol

I truly hope that after surgery I have an aversion to sweets and Diet Coke my other nemesis. I know that one definitely needs the addiction broke!

Its odd because during the week I can be quite restrictive of what I eat; yet on the weekends it seems like open field day for me. So essentially I undo my weekly progress by sabotaging it on the weekends :(

Doritos and potato chips omg I could eat a whole family size bag before my surgery. My dietician and therapist want me to incorporate Protein chips in small amounts so I am working on having a neutral relationship to chips. So far so good. I feel for the first time in my life theyre just chips, who cares? Have had no urge to overeat on them.

I'm also so thankful I've never been into sugar because I haven't had real sugar since January. My dietician said I could try it on special occasions in small amounts but im afraid of dumping. Haven't experienced that yet and really don't want to. I had my bypass on Feb 14th.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Anything salty. Or anything sweet (but not too sweet!)

Bonus points for being both salty AND (not to) sweet!

DOUBLE bonus points for being crunchy.

prime example: these babies i had after dinner last night! (Yogurt-covered pretzel x2)

But TBH, they aren’t really a nemesis for me cuz they only sap my energy if I have too much….if i keep it at small portions, I can retain the upper-hand 😂💪🏼

p.s. for those keeping score, 50 cals for both.

00209E74-6187-457F-8FCE-C04B39D0A87A.thumb.jpeg.1315dd27d80a79e6742455b5b661dea6.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

DORITOS and extra sharp cheese are my weakness. I’m also a Pasta lover and I was so depressed when I found out that pasta is a food to avoid. Hopefully after I reach my goal weight, I can eat just a couple of Doritos to satisfy my taste buds. My dietician said that some of her patients are able to do that.

11 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Anything salty. Or anything sweet (but not too sweet!)

Bonus points for being both salty AND (not to) sweet!

DOUBLE bonus points for being crunchy?

That was me too. Equal opportunity snack craver. 😁

PS - I used to like the chocolate covered pretzels way too much so I had to ban them from my shopping trolley. Oh and that sweet n salty popcorn. Mmm!

Edited by Arabesque

5 hours ago, EastcoastUSvsg said:

coffee w/half and half. At least 4 cups a day. Gonna be a very hard habit to break.

Sent from my T790W using BariatricPal mobile app

My team never banned tea and coffee. I had my first coffee as my first drink in hospital. I live on the stuff.