Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Nina,
Although I'm from a Turkish background, I didn't have the courage to go overseas to get this surgery done bc if any complication arises the doctors here in Australia are hesitant about treating somebody else's mistake. So I just bit the bullet and decided to have it here in Australia, I've heard a lot of success stories from people who have had it in Turkey. It's good to hear yours whent well too! Hope everything works out for you in the long run, [emoji120]My surgery is tomorrow I have butterflies in my stomach nerves are flying high lol I'm hoping it goes well as I'm having a hiatal hernia repair and a gastric bypass.
All the best to everyone[emoji120][emoji120]
I did not have the resleeve or a revision yet, I am considering it. Did you have the resleeve?

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Nina,
I am so glad you had a better experience the 2nd time around. Me too! They weight is coming off a little slower for me but still making good progress!
I did not have the resleeve or a revision yet, I am considering it. Did you have the resleeve?

I am getting resleeve due to not loosing enough and gaining 30lb back. I lost 65lbs. My doctor would not do it he automatically said gastic without doing test ect. I had it in Mexico. I research it an found a hospital that does it only 3 hrs from my home. I live in AZ now. Going to Mexicali mx . I went there last week had a barium swallow before they would commit to a sleeve. I had my old xrays from right after surgery. Thank God I did. He said the technique they use left the top part really large from surgery. He told me it was not my fault. He said I needed a better tool to work with. So if your thinking re sleeve it depends on the issue. I go may 13 for surgery. Looking forward to the new me. I understand a lot more this time round.
How did your resleeve surgery go?

35 minutes ago, Ninabnina77 said:

Hi Nina I had a revision or reconstruction for the same reason as dream believe. I went to Mexicali MX to a hospital. Mexicali Bariatrics did the reconstruction. It's been a slow process and I am 11 weeks. I feel very satisfied with limited food. I am exercising a lot more this time. I have more energy. I had to have a barium swallow and I had xray from the first sleeve. He told me it was not my fault for the weight regain. The did a barium swallow after revision checking for leaks and to show me the difference in the restriction. I lost 60lbs really fast the first time. I gained 25lbs over 6 years. I have lost 26lbs so far. The first time I lost a lb a day the first month. If your not happy get the second opinion.

On 4/20/2022 at 1:14 PM, DreamBelieveAchieve said:

Hi, I’ve been resleeved!

I had my first sleeve in the UK in 2018. First couple of months I lost weight dramatically but I was always hungry (from the second day post op!!!) to the point I felt sick, no matter how often I drank. I could also eat a lot more/not feel my restriction as quick as others seemed to despite how slow I ate. Needless to say I stabilised after just 6 months and then Covid hit and I started regaining when I wasn’t able to be as active/go to the gym.

I went to Turkey last year and got a resleeve. The surgeon said that the top of my sleeve was much bigger than it should have been, part may possibly have been from me restretching it but he said the top part was large and looked like not all of my hunger hormone producing part of the stomach had been removed. He removed all the excess including my hunger hormone and made my stomach nice and small again. Results have been amazing, I’m 8 months post op, still losing although obviously slowing as I approach goal weight and I can still only eat a few mouthfuls!!

My experience with my resleeve is very different, I got horrific gas pain post op for a start which I didn’t get the first time (but normal and not uncommon, just walk walk walk). If I eat too quickly I will vomit/get pain, again another normal side effect they tell you about but I didn’t experience any of it first time round. I’m so pleased I went for my resleeve even though I was worried about going abroad, it’s been the best decision I ever made! 🙂

Hi DreamBelieveAchieve

How are you doing? I was resleeve for the same reason. I had xray from the first time to prove that they did not take out the top of the stomach. I am losing so slow thus time. I am 11 weeks. I am exercising daily so I do think I gained muscle. I think I need to pick up cardio. I am swimming and riding my bike but I have slowly gain strength to ride futher. My shortness of breath has dismissed since I am exercising daily. My BP is in normal limits. I have lost more inches than weight. I still have issues with carbs. I don't eat Pasta, bread, rice ect. I do like oatmeal or cream of wheat. I don't get very hungry now. Having issues getting my fluids in but my Protein is around 60 to 80 daily. Any suggestions to increase weight loss.

49 minutes ago, Ninabnina77 said:

How did your resleeve surgery go?
I did have a lot of scar tissue and increased pain but after 5 days I did not take pain meds. My doctor was very kind and increased pain meds when I asked. The gas was bad the first day but walking. Gas x and heating pad helped. The pain was not unbearable. I noticed I had 5 incisions instead of three the first time. When I woke up in the Post op I had pain but they took care of it. I am losing slowly but recently my doctor her started me on a low dose of thyroid medication that helped a lot with energy and depression. I exercise daily swimming and riding the bike. I feel really good and lost 26lbs in 11 weeks. I gain 8lbs after surgery but I had a lot of scar tissue that caused my surgery to be 2 1/2 hours that's normally 1hr. They said I had unusual amount of scar tissue.

Hi Nina I had a revision or reconstruction for the same reason as dream believe. I went to Mexicali MX to a hospital. Mexicali Bariatrics did the reconstruction. It's been a slow process and I am 11 weeks. I feel very satisfied with limited food. I am exercising a lot more this time. I have more energy. I had to have a barium swallow and I had xray from the first sleeve. He told me it was not my fault for the weight regain. The did a barium swallow after revision checking for leaks and to show me the difference in the restriction. I lost 60lbs really fast the first time. I gained 25lbs over 6 years. I have lost 26lbs so far. The first time I lost a lb a day the first month. If your not happy get the second opinion.
Thank you so much for the reply. I got the sleeve back in june 2019, I never felt real restriction, for the past 3 yrs I have been thinking its all in my head. I got an endoscopy done last week to find out I have a small hiatal hernia and my sleeve is " the body of my stomach is markedly enlarged". After I got these results back, it all made sense, my sleeve was not tight enough from the get go. I have mild gerd. Will my mild gerd and small hiatal hernia disqualify me for a resleeve? I was never able to reach goal weight the first time around and I have gained 17 lbs since reaching my lowest weight after the sleeve. I am 3 yrs out now. How much did you resleeve cost and who was your surgeon at mexicali? When did you get the sleeve reconstruction?

1 hour ago, Ninabnina77 said:

Thank you so much for the reply. I got the sleeve back in june 2019, I never felt real restriction, for the past 3 yrs I have been thinking its all in my head. I got an endoscopy done last week to find out I have a small hiatal hernia and my sleeve is " the body of my stomach is markedly enlarged". After I got these results back, it all made sense, my sleeve was not tight enough from the get go. I have mild gerd. Will my mild gerd and small hiatal hernia disqualify me for a resleeve? I was never able to reach goal weight the first time around and I have gained 17 lbs since reaching my lowest weight after the sleeve. I am 3 yrs out now. How much did you resleeve cost and who was your surgeon at mexicali? When did you get the sleeve reconstruction?

I had mine in May 2022 the first time was in December 2022. My reconstruction was 6500. It's on the high end for MX but I was in a hospital. Dr Campo was one of the surgeons. If you will look up Mexicali Bariatrics you will see they have a few surgeons. They had two to do the surgery and a doctor that puts you to sleep. Each day I was there I had at least two visits from the doctors. They did three leak test. The surgeon explained to me they did not do the surgery tight enough but also only did the middle of the stomach. He said it was an old technique. I had mild qerd. I had a barium swallow there to confirm the best option was to have it reconstructed. If it had been done correct the first time and it was just that I ate to much and stretched it they might suggest a by pass

Edited by Lee anne

I had a sleeve in 2011. I had an Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty revision two weeks ago because I gained 45 of the 100 I lost back and was struggling with my sleeve. It was stretched a bit and I was eating too many carbs. I had to do something. So far I am on full liquids and its going well. Its like a resleeve but they do it from the inside with sutures so Its not as invasive. Easy recovery. I had some gas pains but they were not that bad. By day three I was doing really good. I had it on a Thursday and went back to work Monday.

Good for you! Hope all goes well!

I never heard of Re-Sleeve. I thought after sleeved- it’s next in line of bypass. Nonetheless, good luck.

5 minutes ago, N S said:

I never heard of Re-Sleeve. I thought after sleeved- it’s next in line of bypass. Nonetheless, good luck.

It's an endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty or esg. It is done from the inside of the stomach with no surgery. Only sutures placed to bring the sleeve back to its original size.

Im getting resleeved too!

Lee Ann I’m going to Mexicali too! Resleeve

@justforme1- how’d it go?