Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers Club…..officially *sigh*

On 4/16/2022 at 7:39 PM, DaisyAndSunshine said:

Yup, slow loser right here too or at least I do count myself one.

210 surgery date weight

1st month - 18 pounds

2nd month - 10 pounds

3rd month (Feb) - 7.6 pounds

4th month - about 12 pounds

And in my 5th month now: Half way through and only have lost about 3 pounds 😂 (I have stalled for more than a week now). Let's see how this month ends.

So yeh, more or less I do think I am slow loser with stalls here and there. And yes it does get to you but seeing many others talk about it, I am being hopeful that I'll eventually get there.

This was great! Thanks for the breakdown, very cool. Yes you got this for sure. I guess this is normal and what makes all of us so unique. It’s not a setback but maybe just a different route altogether. Praying much success for you and your journey!

Oh dear, thats discouraging! I'm probably doing the same thing. I lost 20 pounds in the first 6 weeks. When I stay on Keto or very low carb, I lose. As soon as I have any bread, wheat, tortilla, I stall out and don't lose anything, even though my calorie count is still under 1000 calories in a day. I haven't lost anything in my second month so far because I ate out and had bread of some sort.

What can I say? Before surgery I could lose 1/2 a pound a month, I know I have insulin resistance, it is what it is. Hand in there! At least we aren't gaining!

I'm going back to logging everything I eat, plus the exercise I do. I walk as much as my body will allow, if anything I overdo more than under do. I have medical issues and constantly play the don't over do it it game! But, I also fall off the eating wagon from time to time, I stall out completely. These people who say they can eat whatever they want and still lose, I'm happy for them, but I'm not one of them. Have to stop whining about it and stick to the plan of Protein and vegs, period.

On 4/23/2022 at 1:46 PM, DonnaGS said:

I'm going back to logging everything I eat, plus the exercise I do. I walk as much as my body will allow, if anything I overdo more than under do. I have medical issues and constantly play the don't over do it it game! But, I also fall off the eating wagon from time to time, I stall out completely. These people who say they can eat whatever they want and still lose, I'm happy for them, but I'm not one of them. Have to stop whining about it and stick to the plan of Protein and vegs, period.

I’m not one of them either Donna! I tried to be but my body just only likes good things not the bad ones. I’m doing what you just said and sticking to the plan as well.

Update- So April 8th was the original post I made. I was 273.4 lbs. I fluctuated between that and 274 up until a week ago. I had to start working out. Getting my food plate together with all my macros on it, but most importantly i had to get my sleeping in order I was only getting 4-5 hours a night, which was horrible for my goals. I’m now at 263, so that’s a 10lb loss in 2 weeks. Still in the slow loser club and happy to be here!

I’m expecting my body to stall soon but I do know how to get through it now. It is sooooo mentally important to understand your body is complicated especially mine lol and you’ve got to let it go through what it has to in order to accept your decision to change it’s mechanical or hormonal structure.