Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stall or I am done loosing?

I know there has been lots of posts about stalls and here is mine. So for the last 8 weeks I have been bouncing around the same weight 71-72 kg today I even went up to 72.5 I am 8 months Post op and have lost 30% of my starting weight. Is this stall or has my body said nope not loosing any more weight? my original goal was 70kg but I still have quiet a bit of fat on my tummy so I would like to get that off and reset my goal to 60kg . I am a shift worker and don't get great sleep and I have found in the past this makes it very hard to loose weight. now I sound like I am making excuses again like I did pre surgery :( but prior to surgery when I took several weeks leave I always dropped a couple of kilos just from having a better sleep pattern but it went straight back on once I returned to work. but to the topic what do you all think and what are your experiences at this point in your journey?

I am wondering the same thing. I am 7 months post op and have hovered around 295 pounds for about 5 weeks. I am down 98 pounds total. I hope it is just a stall because I would like to see another 10 pound loss.

You could stay at the same weight for months and then drop more weight, from what I've read and heard from others.

Shift work does make it really hard to lose weight, so congrats on losing as much as you have!

The only thing you can do is really focus on what you're eating and drinking - keep track of your calories from food and drinks.

I've heard from many people that even years out they still have restriction if they focus on lean Protein.

the further out I got, the more frequent the stalls were, and the longer they'd last. Every time I'd be three or four weeks into one I'd think "well, this is it...", and then I'd suddenly start losing again. It finally quit at 20 months out. So in short, this may or may not be the end of it...

I was the same weight for MONTHS (185pounds)… at about a year out I figured “okay, this is it. I’m stable and maintaining now”.

Recently they have me increasing my calories (I’ve managed to get up to 1500 calories a day which has been a difficult transition because I tend to eat foods that are lower in calories ) and then I dropped a Lot of pounds very quickly. I am now 174 (I hadn’t weighed myself in a while because I always hovered around 185) . My nutritionist about had a fit and wants me to do more regular check ins now. (Insert eye roll here). I just got Invisalign too so my tendency to snack (which is how I upped my calories) is now nonexistent because getting these Invisalign trays off are like wrestling a rabid animal 😅

anyways…. I know a lot of people have broken stalls by temporarily increasing their caloric intake. 🤷🏼‍♀️ You could increase your calories and see if that jump starts weight loss again

I’m at 8 months too. I had to be gentle with myself because I got Covid (masks off at school). I honestly gained 10 lbs eating nothing but l/s chicken broth. There’s always going to be something, but I have to put one foot in front of the other to get to my goal. I found that tracking my food intake is helping again. Just keep trying stuff to see what works for you. You’ll find your weight loss sweet spot.