Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 minutes ago, XtinaDoesIt said:

So obvious and yet I've never thought to do this! Thanks!

I actually did the cauliflower substitute thing for a while on one of my many diets and now I hate cauliflower anything. Even pizza.

Yea and if you like it directly on the rack you have to be careful and not cut it too small. Also because it drips sometimes put a cookie sheet on the rack below.

Edited by ShoppGirl

7 hours ago, Pollito said:

Big regrets. Regrets I didn't do it 15 years ago. Seriously - I do think about this and it's quite bitter sometimes, I could've had a completely different life.

I relate to this SO much. I look back at my lost 30s and 40s and just wish to god I'd had this surgery back then.

This surgery was the best thing I have ever done for myself. I still dump on sugars and am so grateful that I do. I had surgery 6 years ago at age 64. Only regret is not doing it sooner.

Same here. Absolutely no regrets almost 5 months out - other than not doing it 12 years ago when I first contacted my surgeon and he talked me out of it. :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

That ( the restriction) truly depends on the person and the surgeon. It is different for everyone. I am 8 months po. Would I do the surgery again, I don't know, would I have lost weight without it probably not. Yes you will be able to eat a whole slice if pizza. I ate 3 slices of a small pizza in 1 sitting.

restriction loosens up as time goes on, but I still have it seven years later. I'm reminded of that if I try eating a big (for me) meal. I used to be able to eat half a large pizza before surgery. Now, I can eat a piece or two. Any more than that and I will be in physical pain.

Just now, catwoman7 said:

restriction loosens up as time goes on, but I still have it seven years later. I'm reminded of that if I try eating a big (for me) meal. I used to be able to eat half a large pizza before surgery. Now, I can eat a piece or two. Any more than that and I will be in physical pain.

yes, it seems to have loosened up very quickly for me :(

2 minutes ago, SleeverSk said:

yes, it seems to have loosened up very quickly for me :(

oh no - sorry about that!! I can certainly eat more now than I did the first year, but there's a point at which my stomach starts screaming...

(btw - I meant to respond to another comment on restriction - the first one that was posted, I think - but this thing doesn't let you delete comments. But that's OK - yours was definitely related, at least!)

Edited by catwoman7

No regrets here. My only barrier was myself. The sleeve still works when I don't screw up.

I don't regret getting the lap band twenty years ago. I weighed 315 lbs. & wanted to get down to about 150 lbs. I got down to around 190 & I felt great! I've had issues with the band & had to have all the saline removed & regained some of the weight so I'm back up to 240.

In some ways, I wish I had gotten a gastric bypass but I wasn't ready. I had kids & wasn't comfortable with getting such a radical surgery when they were so young. I made the best decision at the time. Most doctors don't do the band anymore but it has helped me a lot even if I'm having some trouble with it now.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm post op Lap Band removal, but pre op for Gastric Bypass. I suppose I regret not having it removed sooner instead of living with GERD for several years. I mean I lost a lot of weight with its help, but I regret not making a better choice when I chose Lap Band. I was trying to go the less invasive route, but it never led me down a path that allowed me to lose all of the weight I wanted to, then GERD happened. I never thought I was a candidate for Gastric Bypass due to certain health issues. But then GERD forced my hand to consider it, and well... here I am pre op for RNY, so I sort of feel the same way Pollito does, I wish I would've made a change sooner rather than wait. Life may have been different for me for the last ten or so years.

On 04/01/2022 at 12:24, thinblueline said:

I weigh 290 and i am not sure what my goal weight is b ut i can tell you this i was 190 when i went in the

Navy and its been about 25 yrs since i got out i doubt i will ever get back to my Navy days , no chance of that ,it is scary to think i gained 100 lbs since i got out omg is that frightening !

I got out of the AF in Nov19 and gained 100lbs since that time.

What year did you get out i got out in August 92 , it is so scary how the lbs can add up isnt it , my eeight right now is 290 , my name is Rich but everyone calls me Coop, i hope to talk with you soon. Take care.

Coop

why 024.jpg

2.5 years out. Only regret is 1) I didn’t do it sooner and 2) I stuck with it more diligently post op.

On 4/1/2022 at 12:18 PM, thinblueline said:

Grider , It must be so discouraging to lose the weight and start to gain the weight back i hope you find your answer (s)in the next SX after what youre going through you deserve the answers , the ones that give you peacde of mind i eish you welll, truily i do.😊

Niagra 089.jpg

Thanks. Thurs see the surgeon and hope to start the process again. Let’s see what he says for type of surgery to correct my gastroparesis . Thanks for the support.

On 4/2/2022 at 5:10 PM, BypassingMyPhatAss said:

I'm post op Lap Band removal, but pre op for Gastric Bypass. I suppose I regret not having it removed sooner instead of living with GERD for several years. I mean I lost a lot of weight with its help, but I regret not making a better choice when I chose Lap Band. I was trying to go the less invasive route, but it never led me down a path that allowed me to lose all of the weight I wanted to, then GERD happened. I never thought I was a candidate for Gastric Bypass due to certain health issues. But then GERD forced my hand to consider it, and well... here I am pre op for RNY, so I sort of feel the same way Pollito does, I wish I would've made a change sooner rather than wait. Life may have been different for me for the last ten or so years.

Hi don’t know if do friends thing in here , it’s been years since got on, but seems we are in the same boat. I was in an O/S assignment and got sick then the all night acid vomiting started. Because of Covid, I was stuck there until late oct ,20 . Had lap band removed last April and now IBS n all sorts of problem ensued and now my stomach does not empty. Sugar is wack, plus gaining weight fast. How is the 2nd process going.? I know the lap band took 4 months to get it finally done . Good luck!

Edited by Grider