Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GREAT IDEA i think i will start a thread about her i am sure people will relate !

3 minutes ago, The Greater Fool said:

More generally, my restriction is still in full force. If I eat too fast it can still cause pain or discomfort, so again, I try to watch HOW I eat. I most often have issues when I'm eating out or in social situations, as I get involved in conversation and don't pay attention to my eating. I need to always be aware of what I'm doing.

Wow. I thought the restrictions go away over time. I guess thats a good thing to still feel it 17 year later! Although I was looking forward to the day I could have a whole slice of pizza in the same time it takes everyone else to eat!

1 minute ago, XtinaDoesIt said:

Wow. I thought the restrictions go away over time. I guess thats a good thing to still feel it 17 year later! Although I was looking forward to the day I could have a whole slice of pizza in the same time it takes everyone else to eat!

I believe for most people the restriction does reduce over time. I don't know if I'm just lucky or if my aversion to the discomfort of pushing it early on kept me from, well, pushing it later on. However, I'm glad it's still there.

I'd wager there are a lot of folks that can eat a reasonable sized slice in a reasonable time, eventually.

Good luck,

Tek

1 hour ago, 18kDays said:

To those who are beyond immediate post-op. Is there anyone here who wishes you had never undergone bariatric surgery?

3.5 years out. ZERO regrets (other than not doing it sooner, like many others)

My eating habits have not gone “back to normal”, as in my pre-op days, but has definitely expanded since the early days post surgery.

I still eat much less and much slower than everyone else around me, but thats just fine with me. I also eat a wide range of foods (including not-as-healthy options) and am doing just fine. Been maintaining below goal weight almost 3 yrs now.

I do still dump as well, but again, this is easily avoided (not too much sugar at a time, and never on an empty stomach).

ALL of my obesity-related issues are long gone, and i feel awesome. Confidence, energy and attitude are way up (as is my wardrobe, lol).

So yeah, no regrets.

Good Luck! ❤️

P.S. @18kDays: are u contemplating surgery or have you already started the process?

I'm still within the first year (had my surgery in August 2021) and I honestly have no regrets so far, though that could certainly change in the future. But, right now, I wish I had done this so much sooner. I had an easy recovery, and overall haven't hated the whole process (even the pre-op diet) as much as I thought I would. For once, I feel hopeful about being successful in a way I never believed possible before.

I feel amazing - actually, I feel lighter than I am. I'm sending so many clothes to goodwill that now fall off me, and I am fitting back into old clothes again. My blood pressure meds are being reduced significantly and I just feel like a new, transforming person. It's been really great for me physically and mentally.

Edited by Queen ApisM

Thats awesome good for you , you sound so happy.

2 hours ago, 18kDays said:

To those who are beyond immediate post-op. Is there anyone here who wishes you had never undergone bariatric surgery?

Not one single time in almost 5 years.

Big regrets. Regrets I didn't do it 15 years ago. Seriously - I do think about this and it's quite bitter sometimes, I could've had a completely different life.

11weeks post-op, and although I have nausea on and off all day, and am on 2 different nausea meds, I would not do any different. I am not losing as quickly as some, but (one) I have always had a hard time losing, and (two) if I feel like eating, it's better than the nausea. (Eating usually does not cause the nausea-when I do misbehave, I own up to it, lol) I've lost 30 pounds in those 11 weeks, and that's fine with me.. 25 years ago, it took me two YEARS to lose fifty. (Then a family member got sick, and the diet went out the window.) My doc says the nausea has to do with hormonal changes and most people are over it by now, but as long as he tells me it is not a lifetime thing, I can deal with it. Do it again? You betcha!

Absolutely none and I didn’t quite reach my goal weight and gained ten pounds yet I’m still thrilled to be just “overweight” now.

I am only 4 months out so not sure if my take counts per se. Of course it's a long run battle but so far the journey has been pretty darn good and not at all concerning.

Only regret, as mentioned by many others out here, is NOT getting it sooner 😭

Edited by DaisyAndSunshine

4 hours ago, XtinaDoesIt said:

That ( the restriction) truly depends on the person and the surgeon. It is different for everyone. I am 8 months po. Would I do the surgery again, I don't know, would I have lost weight without it probably not. Yes you will be able to eat a whole slice if pizza. I ate 3 slices of a small pizza in 1 sitting.

11 minutes ago, SleeverSk said:

Yes you will be able to eat a whole slice if pizza. I ate 3 slices of a small pizza in 1 sitting.

Yeah Ive eaten a thin crust slice before and even a regular NY slice but It usually takes me a pretty long time and it still doesn't sit well with me. My stomach is telling me no but the pizza calls to me! lol. I haven't had much of it though and I do like the tortilla wrap alternative I make at home. My local pizza shop actually makes it too! I haven't ordered it yet though.

1 minute ago, XtinaDoesIt said:

Yeah Ive eaten a thin crust slice before and even a regular NY slice but It usually takes me a pretty long time and it still doesn't sit well with me. My stomach is telling me no but the pizza calls to me! lol. I haven't had much of it though and I do like the tortilla wrap alternative I make at home. My local pizza shop actually makes it too! I haven't ordered it yet though.

Have you tried the cauliflower crust. I personally like it just as much as regular. And they have it at Walmart in the freezer section now with or without toppings. I like it without cause I make white pizza with ricotta and cheese (and chicken). Tip: if you are like me and would only want one slice at a time, cut the crust or pizza in slices when you get home and it’s partially thawed then freeze and you can pull out just one slice whenever you want it.

3 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Tip: if you are like me and would only want one slice at a time, cut the crust or pizza in slices when you get home and it’s partially thawed then freeze and you can pull out just one slice whenever you want it.

So obvious and yet I've never thought to do this! Thanks!

I actually did the cauliflower substitute thing for a while on one of my many diets and now I hate cauliflower anything. Even pizza.