Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 minutes ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

For me, patés and foie gras is a higher calorie way to keep Iron up, and to enjoy some minerals and Vitamins in general.

But yes, you're right. If you can consume those foods, they are calorie and nutrient dense, especially for Iron.

Thanks! These are all great ideas!

10 minutes ago, Orinskye said:

Thanks! These are all great ideas!

I don't know if you like blue cheeses, but something about them really make me feel satisfied for a long time. I think maybe the gut appreciates the new playmates from the mold.

I do like blue cheese… I think I’m going to add that with some salad stuff.

Foie gras… yeah not so much lol 😅

we tend to eat really light… chicken, shrimp, fish, Turkey, veggies. Fresh fruits (but only a bit, lol usually take a bite and my youngest son takes the rest) … I don’t typically do starches anymore (no potatoes, no rice, no breads). I can do Beans but not a lot.
the stuff we eat tends to be lower in calories so in order to get what she wanted in? my thought process was eat twice as much… which I can’t do because o already eat till I get my cue that I’m full. So I was panicked a bit.

adding in healthy fats, healthy Snacks will help get the calories up to where they should be. Thanks for the support !

1 minute ago, Orinskye said:

So I was panicked a bit.

I get it now. Sorry if I came in a little hot. I think you've been around enough to see all the humblebragging around here, and all it does it reinforce disordered eating on both sides.

Yeah, it's a great time to transition into more normal - but high-quality, nutrion-wise - foods I guess. And really heed the metabolism advice from your dietitian. You don't want to be stuck needing to stay at 1,000 cals/day down the line.

2 hours ago, BypassingMyPhatAss said:

4 hours ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

image.png.e0f98dae45569cc54d5ffa641abca91e.png

Two thousand six hundred calories via 36 oz (American sized) slurpable empty calories. Another shameless American invention

Ok, well im canadian and i just shared one of these babies with my Kid and her friend. For ME (and i realize its not for everyone), empty calories are ok so long as one isn’t consuming mounds of it.

(we still managed to bring home about 1/2 of the cheesecake and 1/4 of the milkshake…and yes, it was DELICIOUS.)

im guessing the whole thing was about 1250 calories. But i mean, even when i was obese, i wouldn’t have been able to eat the whole thing myself.

5FED9F01-0334-431D-A5A3-135DABF54350.thumb.jpeg.3ef260996bdfa2c7f834ed34a2f3d221.jpeg

Double post

Edited by ms.sss

Triple post

Edited by ms.sss

Well my comment was more of an inside joke to @MiniGastricBypassDude from another thread from a week or two ago. His pic was another opportunity at humor. I guess I need to stop the humor on this site. I made a chat room (it is invite only for bariatric folks) on Discord if anyone is interested in taking the humor there, since Alex isn't going to bring the chat rooms back to this site.

3 hours ago, BypassingMyPhatAss said:

Two thousand six hundred calories via 36 oz (American sized) slurpable empty calories. Another shameless American invention. 😂

holy smoly that over a litre !!!!!

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

Ok, well im canadian and i just shared one of these babies with my Kid and her friend. For ME (and i realize its not for everyone), empty calories are ok so long as one isn’t consuming mounds of it.

(we still managed to bring home about 1/2 of the cheesecake and 1/4 of the milkshake…and yes, it was DELICIOUS.)

im guessing the whole thing was about 1250 calories. But i mean, even when i was obese, i wouldn’t have been able to eat the whole thing myself.

5FED9F01-0334-431D-A5A3-135DABF54350.thumb.jpeg.3ef260996bdfa2c7f834ed34a2f3d221.jpeg

OMG it looks divine

I had a similar conversation with my surgeon (but about my continued weight loss) & my response was the same: I can only eat what I can physically eat. I added Snacks up to 5 a day & yes I felt like I was eating all day long. I still made pretty careful choices & added complex carbs & some more fat. Choosing from: cheese, humus or liverwurst & multigrain crackers, Protein Bar, yoghurt, fruit, roasted fava or chick peas, chia pudding, nuts, etc. I also use non diet salad dressings, full fat milk, add seeds & Beans to meals. I don’t do sweet or breads, Pasta, etc. & cook most of what I eat myself. I don’t drink shakes or need Multi Vitamins.

Sometimes small change or swap in food choices can make big differences. I can only eat 1.5 eggs (approx 10g Protein & 235 calories) but I can usually eat a full serve of rolled oats cause I keep it liquidy (make on milk, add seeds). approx 15g protein, 380 calories. No empty calories, lots of nutrients.

My weight loss stopped when I was consuming about 1300 calories (about 18 months after surgery) but I’m not tall, have a smaller frame, am in my mid 50s & not very active. But you're not me & you may need more calories. You have to work out how much food your body needs to function effectively at a weight your happy at while living & enjoying your life how you want.

It just takes time & some need more than others. Took me a good 2 years to get my portion sizes to about recommended sizes for most things. I still snack but about 3 times a day. Not sure how many calories I eat now as I’ve increased my protein intake a little due to an absorption issue (from gall surgery not sleeve surgery).

Just start making small changes, try different things & see how you go & what works for you. It’s the only way.

You know, im thinking back now to when i first was nearing goal and I remember i too got a bit concerned about having to increase calories to stop the weight loss (i tried to find my original post but no luck). I did not think it would be possible.

Then i also remember a few members further out than me telling me “don’t worry, it’ll happen”. And yep, they were right.

So i get the bit of panic.

i/we are/were in a diet groove of sorts and changing that up does of course bring about a bit of uncertainty and with that maybe some panic/anxiety.

its easy for me to say now, looking back, to just trust yourself that you can navigate through the inevitable changes, but im saying so in hindsight, with the benefit of actually having gone though it already.

In any case, good luck, vent away, voice your fears, broadcast your successes, and try if you can to know you aren’t alone in feeling this way.

❤️

Edited by ms.sss