Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2022 surgery buddies



Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, vegasjay82 said:

Walmart.com for a limited time has root beer float!

I try that one, I didn't like it. 😣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, DawnaD said:

I did my pre op blood work, got my medical body wash and instructions yesterday. My surgery is on the 7th of June Tuesday. As the days draw closer, my anxiety is starting up. My nerves are on edge.

You got this! Mine is on Monday 6/6 and I am more worried about the corvid test tomorrow 😕

Edited by Desafio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Desafio said:

You go this! Mine is on Monday 6/6 and I am more worried about the corvid test tomorrow 😕

Me too! My surgery is wednesday. Covid test is Monday after school. I am dreading that more than anything else. Our covid numbers increased here in school about a month ago. I began wearing a mask again...my classroom is always scrupulously clean. Fingers crossed. good luck to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Desafio said:

I try that one, I didn't like it. 😣

Premier Root Beer float.....mine is being delivered tomorrow. I will try anything at this point because my surgeon's practice only allows Premier or Bariatric Pal pre-surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Mariann812 said:

Me too! My surgery is wednesday. Covid test is Monday after school. I am dreading that more than anything else. Our covid numbers increased here in school about a month ago. I began wearing a mask again...my classroom is always scrupulously clean. Fingers crossed. good luck to you!

That is the only thing that is causing me anxiety. It is the only thing I can't control. Covid number have increase here as well. We been wearing mask and continue with our covid protocols to make sure we are all safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Desafio said:

That is the only thing that is causing me anxiety. It is the only thing I can't control. Covid number have increase here as well. We been wearing mask and continue with our covid protocols to make sure we are all safe.

my feelings exactly. Strep has been going through our school like wildfire. I can take common sense measures, but essentially, it is out of my control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Mariann812 said:

Premier Root Beer float.....mine is being delivered tomorrow. I will try anything at this point because my surgeon's practice only allows Premier or Bariatric Pal pre-surgery.

They are more strict than mine. As long as the caloric, sugar and Protein are within the guidelines they provided, I can even make my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Desafio said:

They are more strict than mine. As long as the caloric, sugar and Protein are within the guidelines they provided, I can even make my own.

yup, they are strict. I had grown to like the Atkins shake - all the same stuff, yadda, yadda, yadda - but only premier or BP pre-op. Fortunately, i found that I love (this week) Premier Peanut Butter/Chocolate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I just received my surgery date for June 27th. I’m excited and nervous 😅😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Desafio said:

You got this! Mine is on Monday 6/6 and I am more worried about the corvid test tomorrow 😕

Originally, I was scheduled for 4/20 and tested positive for covid two days before. I had to wait at least a month to be rescheduled. The positive was the realization of how disappointed I was, all the second guessing is gone this time around. I KNOW that I want this opportunity.

10 hours ago, DawnaD said:

I did my pre op blood work, got my medical body wash and instructions yesterday. My surgery is on the 7th of June Tuesday. As the days draw closer, my anxiety is starting up. My nerves are on edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/04/2022 at 08:42, shady_lane said:

I'm scheduled for June 8th. 41 years old. Ht. 5'4". Wt. 215.

We are surgery twins. I am June 8 as well.
Height 5’2”
Weight 211

Good luck to you! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shady_lane said:

I'm scheduled for June 8th. 41 years old. Ht. 5'4". Wt. 215.

I'm 43 and 5'6" with CW of 212. It took years to get to the point of accepting I need this surgery. With major calorie restriction and constant exercise, I can get to about 210. I always end up rebounding to between 240-250.

I wish you good luck on your surgery!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2022 at 11:18 AM, SummerC said:

Hey everyone! A quick question. Does anyone on here take high blood pressure medications- metoprolol t? How did you take it post op?

I take metoprolol and I will crush it. Hopefully after some weight loss I can ditch it and the lisinopril and both diuretics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Wanda Northern  »  SpartanMaker

      Good luck on your upcoming surgery. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Wanda Northern  »  Slwhurst

      Good afternoon. We’re Scorpio sisters. My birthday is 11-08. I live in Memphis, TN. My surgery date is Monday September 26th, 2022. I begin my liver shrink diet on Monday September 12th. 
      · 1 reply
      1. Wanda Northern

        Robert Wegner with Saint Francis will be doing my surgery.

    • jenuinelygenuinely

      My 3 babies and my little "niece". Took on a babysitting job this past weekend. She is super tiny compared to my 3 biggies. Sitting on command for treat-os!
       
      Pre-op Liquid - Day 2 
      It was very hard today...I'm feeling some type of way from not eating the meals I was supposed to before the pre-op diet. My sister got stuck in Dallas a week before my diet and we were supposed to go on a nice dinner, but that never happened. I have super bad dry mouth and bathroom breaks are more frequent. 
       

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • jenuinelygenuinely

      Pre-op Liquid Diet - Day 1
      Had my morning cup of 8 oz Regular Orange Juice. I am ready!!! I did have 3 bites of my fiance's cheesecake last night for dinner. It was so yummy but with my former sleeve it didn't allow me any more bites.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Tim in Tampa

      Just started my pre-op diet today!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×