Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2022 surgery buddies

1 hour ago, SavingShana said:

Hi I had surgery 6/22, anyone else??

Yes I did. How are you feeling? I just landed in my city.

2 hours ago, SavingShana said:

Hi I had surgery 6/22, anyone else??

🙋🏼‍♀️ Came home yesterday. Very uncomfortable gas. Constant belching which is painful

Surgery on June 21 (Tuesday) Today was the first day I felt crummy. My son had a bday party and instead of dropping him off I hung around talked. My first time out for an extended period of time. There were a few stairs, not too many. Sipped Water while I was there using a timer to keep it slow. When I got home I had about 11 ounces of Tomato Soup with Protein Powder eaten over 90 minutes (my doc wants me to consume 1-2 ounces of liquid every 15 minutes all day long). Then a couple more ounces of water over the next half hour. Next thing I knew, I was FULL. I'm not 100% sure it was food fullness. Maybe some soreness thrown in there. Maybe some gas, I don't know. I just know I felt full like I'd eaten a big meal. I was physically uncomfortable but mentally jumping for joy at the thought of being able to be satisfied on so much less food! Laid down for a while. Didn't put anything in my mouth for about two hours, and now I'm feeling ok and typing this.

Doobie.

I had mine done 6/20. So many people are on different nutrition plans. My plan allowed nothing by Clear Liquids until day 4 post op. Then I could add in Protein Shakes and that’s it for a week. Just the clear liquids and shakes. Day 11 I think I can add pudding or yogurt or strained Soups, but I’d love something now. Being around a whole family who is eating normally is difficult. All I want is to share some food with them.

1 minute ago, lvetere83 said:

I had mine done 6/20. So many people are on different nutrition plans. My plan allowed nothing by Clear Liquids until day 4 post op. Then I could add in Protein Shakes and that’s it for a week. Just the clear liquids and shakes. Day 11 I think I can add pudding or yogurt or strained Soups, but I’d love something now. Being around a whole family who is eating normally is difficult. All I want is to share some food with them.

I am constantly amazed at how different doctors have such different plans. My doc isn't even matching my nutritionist. I had my surgery on Tuesday. On Wednesday they brought me my Breakfast in the hospital and it said "Stage 2". I verified they sent me the right they thing. They said yep, already time to move on to Stage 2. My nutritionist packet said it should be another day. I really feel for people who had a 100% liqu8id pre-op or, like you, are stuck on clear liquids for 4 days. But I guess we'll all in end up in the same place.

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar.
I am 3 weeks post op and for a week now I have had this red, dry splotchy rash just develop out of no where. It started on my shoulders and is literally going everywhere now. I totally get it's prob got something to do with my Vitamins and nutrients etc but wondered if anyone else got this?
So hard to know what to do and put on it, my doctor doesn't have a clue and not seeing my surgeon till next week.

Thanks
:)

Sent from my SM-G988B using BariatricPal mobile app

What’s everyone drinking during the liquid stage. I’m 6 days post op and am on full liquids until 7/4. I’ve been drinking fairlife, Protein Gatorade, Water, pudding, sugar free popsicles and Bone Broth.

Tomorrow is the big day! No major pre-op diet. Today was liquids only after noon. Have to be at the hospital at 8am.

2 hours ago, elnam2 said:

What’s everyone drinking during the liquid stage. I’m 6 days post op and am on full liquids until 7/4. I’ve been drinking fairlife, Protein Gatorade, Water, pudding, sugar free popsicles and Bone Broth.

I just finished 14 days of liquids. I did everything you did except s/f pudding because that wasn’t allowed till purée foods…which is where I am now.

I did a cream of chicken Soup and strained it, Tomato Soup, and I remain happy that I have no appetite or this could be a challenge. I’m bored with the choices but not hungry.

I can have plain yogurt but that sounds pretty boring as well. I feel like I need a change and I still have a ways to go before I start the purée stage

My surgery was 6/14. Doesn’t feel like 12 days ago. Healing fast. I did clear fluids until day 6 post-op (plus 3 days preop). I went to stage 2 a day early because I was getting really light headed. It’s so crazy how different programs are. Now I’m on Fairlife Elite, strained Soups, s/f pudding, baby meats & cereals, thinned cottage cheese, yogurt, probiotic, etc. Had to start a half pouch baby prune purée to promote BM. It all digests fine. I can feel the restriction around 1/4 to 1/2 cup. I lost 17 lbs (6/11-6/20) then have been stuck the past 6 days. Wondering if it’s too few calories? I never made it past 550/day so far. I have been meeting Protein and Water goals in stage 2. I walked 6 hours today (farming). Maybe it will un-budge me.

22 minutes ago, Shepherdess1 said:

My surgery was 6/14. Doesn’t feel like 12 days ago. Healing fast. I did clear fluids until day 6 post-op (plus 3 days preop). I went to stage 2 a day early because I was getting really light headed. It’s so crazy how different programs are. Now I’m on Fairlife Elite, strained Soups, s/f pudding, baby meats & cereals, thinned cottage cheese, yogurt, probiotic, etc. Had to start a half pouch baby prune purée to promote BM. It all digests fine. I can feel the restriction around 1/4 to 1/2 cup. I lost 17 lbs (6/11-6/20) then have been stuck the past 6 days. Wondering if it’s too few calories? I never made it past 550/day so far. I have been meeting Protein and Water goals in stage 2. I walked 6 hours today (farming). Maybe it will un-budge me.

Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing great!

I started puréed yesterday. I’m meeting Water and Protein and thankfully it’s all been uneventful.
I agree with you about walking and the scale. If I get my 10,000 steps in, the numbers go down.

Good Luck! 🎉