Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2022 surgery buddies

On 06/02/2022 at 17:21, Jessica1024 said:

What were your pre op labs ? They just told me and EKG and Chest xray and labs. But didn’t say what specific labs. I’m just curious

Months ago, my surgeon ordered 18 different blood labs, an H Pylori test, barium swallow, chest X-ray, abdominal u/s, EKG, Stress test with echo cardio gram. Oh, and urine specimen.
Yesterday at pre-anesthesia testing I had blood type and Rh screen and antibody screen, and blood drawn for potassium and sodium levels.
My surgery is next Wednesday, June 8.
If you want, I can list the specific labs.

2 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

Thank you🤗.
I saw that Walmart has root beer float. I’m going to order it.

I’m not trying to stop the coffee urge, but coffee ice cream is my favorite flavor so I just like that flavor.

The nutritionist from my program made a great recommendation once you are able to drink coffee - use the vanilla or chocolate premier as a Creamer.

Went for my pre-op today, surgery date is June 7th. I'm so ready for this surgery - just nervous about the recovery time.

My surgery is out-patient because of covid. Has anyone here been released the same day? How was your experience?

Hey everyone! A quick question. Does anyone on here take high blood pressure medications- metoprolol t? How did you take it post op?

18 hours ago, Jessica1024 said:

What were your pre op labs ? They just told me and EKG and Chest xray and labs. But didn’t say what specific labs. I’m just curious

CBC, Vitamin D-25, CMP

3 minutes ago, SummerC said:

Hey everyone! A quick question. Does anyone on here take high blood pressure medications- metoprolol t? How did you take it post op?

I take Metropolol. All I know is that my surgeon told me that my dosages (I take Lisinopril/hydrochlorathiazide as well) will be adjusted on an ongoing basis. He also said that he will probably stop the L/H combo and switch to something that is not a diuretic.

My surgery is 6/8 - next wednesday -

15 hours ago, Rdy4Change said:

The nutritionist from my program made a great recommendation once you are able to drink coffee - use the vanilla or chocolate premier as a Creamer.

TI do this and it is so yummy.

21 hours ago, missgiggles127 said:

My surgery date is June 6th!

39 years old (Total Hysterectomy in 2020)
Height: 5'8"
SW: 325
CW: 308
BMI: 46.4

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using BariatricPal mobile app

Surgery date twins, heading for my COVID test now.

On 6/1/2022 at 3:24 PM, nursejanet95 said:

I’m 5’7 49 years old HW 260, CW 252. Goal 140. 3 days into my high Protein low carb 2 week prepping diet :)

5'5, 50 yrs young, HW 279 in Dec, CW 252, Goal 150. I have surgery this Monday, 6/6

Edited by MeMaof2byz

3 minutes ago, Mariann812 said:

I take Metropolol. All I know is that my surgeon told me that my dosages (I take Lisinopril/hydrochlorathiazide as well) will be adjusted on an ongoing basis. He also said that he will probably stop the L/H combo and switch to something that is not a diuretic.

My surgery is 6/8 - next wednesday -

My surgery is on Wednesday as well! Will you be taking those whole or crushed? I'm on those medications as well.

4 minutes ago, SummerC said:

My surgery is on Wednesday as well! Will you be taking those whole or crushed? I'm on those medications as well.

Hi, Summer: What time on Wednesday? Right now I'm scheduled for noon but that is subject to change.

I know I take it Tuesday night at my regular time - I take it at 9pm-ish. Wednesday night i'll be overnight in the hospital so I will ask them how they want me to take it.

53 minutes ago, jbloxom said:

I scheduled for June 22nd as well! Can’t wait for the next step in my journey!

That's my date as well. We are getting close 19 more days!

Just got back from my preop appointments....so many papers. I had my final weigh in and blood work. I also now have prescriptions for after surgery for anything I might need ..ie nausea meds . Hospital gave my surgical body wash and Dr ofc gave me a sample pack (they sell bariatric vitamins) which has some of everything they sell. 10 more days to surgery and for some reason as each day goes by it becomes more and more real.

I did my pre op blood work, got my medical body wash and instructions yesterday. My surgery is on the 7th of June Tuesday. As the days draw closer, my anxiety is starting up. My nerves are on edge.