Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2022 surgery buddies

1 hour ago, DawnaD said:

I'm 5'3
Surgery date June 7th
Nervous and scared just a ball of emotions

Sent from my SM-A037U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m the same exact weight! My surgery is June 22nd. I’m nervous too. (Also nervous because they put my surgery on hold due to all the covid cases for 7months and during that time I gained weight. I’m really nervous about what they’ll say at my pre op appointment.) I’m nervous about complications. But I keep thinking that at my weight, I’m at risk of dying everyday! 😬 🤷🏻‍♀️ Hang in there!

Mine is June 14 in Mexico and I’m beyond excited for this journey!!!

46 minutes ago, nursejanet95 said:

Mine is June 14 in Mexico and I’m beyond excited for this journey!!!

Where in Mexico?

Because it’s usually 4-5k. My insurance will not cover any

20 minutes ago, nursejanet95 said:

Because it’s usually 4-5k. My insurance will not cover any

Oh I’m going to Mexico too. I was just wondering where you were going.

5 hours ago, acopas said:

3 weeks of liquid diet. The only real exception is I can have the following vegetables: Spinach, broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Green Beans, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Onion, Tomato (1 daily), and Zucchini.

600-800 Calories and a minimum of 75 grams of Protein.

Mines is a

Mines is a 7-14 day diet. Unlimited: sugar free, caffeine- free, and carbonated free liquids. Low fat cream Soups, broths, high Protein supplement shakes. So basically a liquid diet.

On 4/4/2022 at 6:34 AM, Jessica1024 said:

Anyone willing to share there starting points ? I’m 45 yrs old
Ht. 5’6. Wt. 226. BMI is 36.5

I’m 5’7 49 years old HW 260, CW 252. Goal 140. 3 days into my high Protein low carb 2 week prepping diet :)

I’m going to try to tackle a couple different issues here.
Two weeks ago I was nervous, anxious, scared, and snapping at everyone because surgery was 3 weeks away and I was seriously questioning the sanity of doing this.
I cried, I yelled, I ate…then I calmed the heck down. 🤷🏻‍♀️

The most difficult, nearly impossible food item I have had to turn from is Coca Cola. 
I did a very relaxed eating plan…couple of Protein Shakes, a salad starting 3 weeks before surgery. I knew that one week prior to surgery, I absolutely would follow my doctor’s pre - surgery plan to a T. I cheated once in awhile, but with surgery scheduled for June 8, I knew that on 5/31, I would be compliant.
And, I was. I stayed on plan yesterday., I’ve been completely compliant today. 😊
I found, thanks to a recommendation here, that I love the Premier Peanut Butter chocolate shake. I have had a difficult time finding a shake I like because the pre-surgery selection for my surgeon was Premier or Bariatric Pal. Today I tried PB and chocolate and I’m good!
FWIW, I’m doing every.little.thing I can to be nice to me in every category except putting food in my mouth. I went away with my daughter for the holiday weekend and relaxed and was nice to me. I took an entire day off from school today for my pre-anesthesia visit at the hospital, took a long nap this afternoon.
Yesterday I was on a tele-visit for post-surgery care with an extremely well-informed nurse who also has undergone bariatric surgery. She was a wealth of information.
This morning’s hospital visit really helped calm my nerves. We have amazing health care in Wake County, NC, and I am repeatedly impressed with the care that I have received. I feel much less stressed, and again very comfortable with my decision to pursue bariatric surgery because of those 2 surgeon-required pre-procedure appointments.
I’ll continue to update as this moves forward.
Thanks for reading. 😊

Starting Weight: 222

CW: 213

GW: 128

Height: 5’2”

RNY, Hiatal hernia repair, gastric bypass, gallbladder removal 

On 06/01/2022 at 13:16, DawnaD said:

I'm really struggling with this pre op diet. A couple of times I thought about calling it off and talked myself out of it. But I know I really need this lifestyle change. Any suggestions on how to distract me. Because now I keep thinking about all this food I can't eat anymore like seafood

Sent from my SM-A037U using BariatricPal mobile app

This is what has worked for me: I look back on the past 10 years when I began to pack on the pounds with menopause and yo-yo dieting. 10 lbs a year for 10 years = 100 lbs. 😡 As I became increasingly frustrated with my weight loss attempts, I indulged in forbidden foods more and more.
I am continuing to come to terms with food I won’t eat again by: (1) Reminding myself that I consumed more than my fair share of food during my 10 year food free for all; (2) Taking steps to return to my former perspective of controlling what I put in my mouth as THAT was always where I found my control; (3) Literally taking it one second at a time when I am feeling overwhelming like I MUST eat something; (4) Becoming adept at (3) makes me take pause and make mental note of my food triggers; (5) Remind myself that I can taste a fork/tiny spoonful/bite of pretty much anything in a few months, but I know me, and I think I won’t; (6) sugar-free ice pops have been a godsend.
The above-mentioned works for me. I think it helped me to assess and identify my weak spots and go from there. It will be different for everyone.

1 hour ago, Mariann812 said:

I’m going to try to tackle a couple different issues here.
Two weeks ago I was nervous, anxious, scared, and snapping at everyone because surgery was 3 weeks away and I was seriously questioning the sanity of doing this.
I cried, I yelled, I ate…then I calmed the heck down. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I did a very relaxed eating plan…couple of Protein Shakes, a salad starting 3 weeks before surgery. I knew that one week prior to surgery, I absolutely would follow my doctor’s pre - surgery plan to a T. I cheated once in awhile, but with surgery scheduled for June 8, I knew that on 5/31, I would be compliant.
And, I was. I stayed on plan yesterday., I’ve been completely compliant today. 😊
I found, thanks to a recommendation here, that I love the Premier Peanut Butter chocolate shake. I have had a difficult time finding a shake I like because the pre-surgery selection for my surgeon was Premier or Bariatric Pal. Today I tried PB and chocolate and I’m good!
FWIW, I’m doing every.little.thing I can to be nice to me in every category except putting food in my mouth. I went away with my daughter for the holiday weekend and relaxed and was nice to me. I took an entire day off from school today for my pre-anesthesia visit at the hospital, took a long nap this afternoon.
Yesterday I was on a tele-visit for post-surgery care with an extremely well-informed nurse who also has undergone bariatric surgery. She was a wealth of information.
This morning’s hospital visit really helped calm my nerves. We have amazing health care in Wake County, NC, and I am repeatedly impressed with the care that I have received. I feel much less stressed, and again very comfortable with my decision to pursue bariatric surgery because of those 2 surgeon-required pre-procedure appointments.
I’ll continue to update as this moves forward.
Thanks for reading. 😊

Hi Mariann! We are surgery twins! I am sooo struggling with my pre-surgery diet! The holiday weekend was not good at all. I have been doing great so far today. I am making a conscious effort to stick to it until the 6th when my a liquid starts. Have you tried Premier caramel flavored shake? It is absolutely the best!

5’10

272 lbs

38.9 BMI with High Blood Pressure and pre diabetes.

Surgery set for June 17th and I am terrified of failing at the lifestyle change after. So much so that I am thinking about postponing and trying to live the lifestyle for 4 months to see if I REALLY need the surgery BUT I am also terrified of putting it off and having a heart attack or stroke or something.

I’m in Las Vegas NV and surgery is with Dr Xu.

oh to make things worse… I tested positive for COVID over the weekend.

06/01/2022 08:08 PM, SummerC said:

Hi Mariann! We are surgery twins! I am sooo struggling with my pre-surgery diet! The holiday weekend was not good at all. I have been doing great so far today. I am making a conscious effort to stick to it until the 6th when my a liquid starts. Have you tried Premier caramel flavored shake? It is absolutely the best!

Hi, Summer: I know how difficult it is! I work best under pressure so when I absolutely had to comply, I did. I ALWAYS procrastinate because as the deadline gets closer, the pressure builds. 🤷🏻‍♀️
You CAN do this!

On 06/01/2022 at 20:08, SummerC said:

Forgot to thank you for the recommendation about caramel Premier. I am going to find it tomorrow.
Thank you so much!