Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2022 surgery buddies

On 4/4/2022 at 6:21 AM, Jessica1024 said:

I’m scared that This won’t work. I have gone and done something so drastic as to get 80%of my stomach cut out and I will be one of the people who lose 25lbs and my body just stops despite what I do. I am afraid I will have complications. That will make me regret the surgery. I’m just plan worried. Lol

Hi I'm Pat from NE. I'm scheduled for June 27. I see Dr tomorrow to get orders, etc. I have moments if total doubt and moments if absolute no doubt !!! Do you have the support of people around you?

Hi, all: my surgery date is a week from tomorrow. Today starts my last week at school. I will be out of there 3 days before the ‘official’ end of school.
Today starts my 5 shakes a day and 2 Snacks. I’m looking forward to the discipline of that. I am most compliant with fewer choices as opposed to more.
Wishing everyone best wishes on their upcoming surgeries.
Today I have a tele-visit at 4pm to go over pre-procedure actions. Tomorrow I am out of school for pre-anesthesia testing.
Wishing you all a great day! ❤️

3 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

Hi, all: my surgery date is a week from tomorrow.

Getting close! Best of luck!

My surgery was 4/13/22. I was SO scared and worried but YOU CAN DO THIS! I'm down 30 since surgery and a total of 45 since my initial visit with the surgeon. There are days when I struggle to eat without an upset tummy and days when I do so well! All in all, it is a lifestyle change but one that is a positive change. I'm already off my BP meds and hope to drop cholesterol medication next! Working on a healthier you is the best way to move yourself forward. I wish you ALL the best! Stay positive, ask questions, share your progress, and you'll do amazingly well!

3 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

Hi, all: my surgery date is a week from tomorrow. Today starts my last week at school. I will be out of there 3 days before the ‘official’ end of school.
Today starts my 5 shakes a day and 2 Snacks. I’m looking forward to the discipline of that. I am most compliant with fewer choices as opposed to more.
Wishing everyone best wishes on their upcoming surgeries.
Today I have a tele-visit at 4pm to go over pre-procedure actions. Tomorrow I am out of school for pre-anesthesia testing.
Wishing you all a great day! ❤️

Best of Luck!

I'm scheduled for June 15 with Dr. Andrade in Tijuana.

Hi guys! I just finished 2 weeks of 4 shakes and 1 small meal (3 oz Protein, 1 cup steamed veg) per day and heading to surgery for VSG tomorrow (still waiting on arrival time). I'm a nurse practitioner (completely different department) in the hospital where I'll have surgery so some nerves about that, nerves about whether I'll be able to get up and walk when I want to, how high my pain tolerance will be, etc. Also never had general anesthesia so we'll see how that goes, hopefully no reaction.

I've been walking a lot for exercise so I want to be able to jump off the table and get right back into it but I know I'll have a little bit of a setback as far as my exercise tolerance goes. They said as long as I'm not doing inclines I can get back on the treadmill as soon as I want, so that's encouraging. The surgery coordinator prepared me that the first two weeks generally aren't fun for anyone but that there's a light at the end of that tunnel. I hate being nauseated but I tolerated being on Saxenda for almost a year so I think I can handle some postop nausea.

Other fears: weighing myself for the first time after surgery (apparently there's a 3 week plateau and some people don't lose and it can be discouraging, so IDK when to weigh for the first time), being really thirsty and not being able to drink, not being able to get in enough liquids by mouth to stay hydrated, not being able to have a BM, having people I know see me and know why I'm admitted, vomiting after surgery, "taste buds changing" (I've heard this from some post ops) .... let me know if there's anything else I should be worried about so I can do so prior to surgery :)

30 minutes ago, sleevedreams2022 said:

I've been walking a lot for exercise so I want to be able to jump off the table and get right back into it.

Other fears: weighing myself for the first time after surgery (apparently there's a 3 week plateau and some people don't lose and it can be discouraging, so IDK when to weigh for the first time), being really thirsty and not being able to drink, not being able to get in enough liquids by mouth to stay hydrated, not being able to have a BM, having people I know see me and know why I'm admitted, vomiting after surgery, "taste buds changing" (I've heard this from some post ops) .... let me know if there's anything else I should be worried about so I can do so prior to surgery :)

How exciting! I start my pre-op tomorrow!

I agree about wanting to jump off the table and be right back to what you were doing before. I had a lap chole. when I was 19. I was out grocery shopping the same night and want to be doing that this time too. I had a baby in 2019 and rushed them to discharge me, so I could get my other kid to her volleyball practice. I'm not one for sitting around and being taken care of.

All of your other fears are valid. I'm a chronic weigher (multiple times a day). I'm thinking of avoiding my home scale, but I have access to scales everywhere.
Even eating tuna at lunch today I wondered how I was ever going to get used to eating without drinking or having to wait 30 minutes.
I've have a slow gut like even with my gallbladder gone, it's 3-5 days between BM's. I've done some other diets that were very low in calories but had decent Fiber and still needed a laxative weekly to have a BM.

I work in the medical field as well, and I 100% have said that I'll go to a competing practice/surgery center before I was treated at my own just because I don't want any of them to see A) my charted weight and B ) my derriere.

All in all, I think it would be strange not to be worried about some of the nuances this is going to change.

Best of luck with your surgery tomorrow!

1 week until my liquid diet starts 😁

I am so excited! Even for that!
Anyway what brands are you guys using as far as Protein Shake? Other stuff?

I bought the Equate High Performance Protein ready to drink shakes in chocolate, vanilla, latte, and caramel.
I also bought the Two Good yogurt in assorted flavors. sugar free pudding cups, and all the varieties of sugar free Jello cups.
On my list of need to buys is; broth and flavor packets for Water.

On a side note, I found about 4 kinds of Jordan's Skinny syrups at Bealls Outlet store for $3.99 a bottle, just in case yall have that store in your area and are interested. I hear the syrups are good for flavoring shakes and etc.

Hi everyone,

Have my date fixed for June 6th in Turkey. I live in Germany. I feel ok about the surgery but mentally quite insecure about the changes that need to come after that, as if I lack the confidence needed to execute all required life style changes. Anyone feels this way? :) how are you coping?
That's the same day as my surgery here in the US

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using BariatricPal mobile app

On 4/4/2022 at 6:34 AM, Jessica1024 said:

Anyone willing to share there starting points ? I’m 45 yrs old
Ht. 5’6. Wt. 226. BMI is 36.5

I just found this website and I'm SO happy! I'm 55 years old, 5'7", 236#, BMI was 35 last month at my last appointment. Surgery just bumped up to June 17 from July 11. So scared/excited!

I’m at the hospital waiting to start my pre-anesthesia stuff. My surgery is one week from today.
I started full liquid eating plan yesterday.
Want to know what I’m most freaked out about? (Of course you do 😂) getting a negative COVID test on Monday afternoon. 😳
I teach in a middle school, our cases have increased from zero about 2 months ago to a couple dozen now. I’ve gone back to wearing a mask. 😷 I’ve never stopped keeping everything in my room scrupulously clean…I’m always cleaning desks, chairs, door handles and washing my hands.