Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2022 surgery buddies

On 5/7/2022 at 10:04 AM, Mariann812 said:

Hi all: I’m hanging out in June SB because I am hoping against hope that my surgery date is mid June. My Results visit is 5/16 and I hope to get the date at that visit. Cigna has had my insurance packet for 1 week. Doctor’s office says they take 2 weeks to study it.
I began the liver shrinking diet on Tuesday, 5/3 (per doctors office) and I’m down 6 lbs which is nothing short of a miracle for me.
A typical eating plan in a day is 2 Atkins Plus shakes, 1 or 2 Oikos yogurts, an Aldi Shrimp meal (140 calories), 64oz Water and sugar free ice pops. I WAS hungry on Day 4-yesterday- but I dropped 2 lbs overnight which explains that.
I’m using vitamin patches because they are easy and convenient. My nutritionist said they are not effective but drinking all that Water makes the thought of swallowing pills impossible. I get blood drawn in one month and any positive change in my levels means the Patches are okay. We’ll see.
Good luck to all…I am having RNY LAP with hiatal hernia repair.
Oh, yeah, endoscopy scheduled tentatively for 5/20.
Keep your surgery and recovery stories coming. I learn so much from them.

If the Patches come back not effective, have you thought about crushing the pills and mixing them in with one of your shakes? Also there are gummy vitamins available too. I use the Gummy version of an off brand of Bioflex cause those pills are gigantic. Just an idea.

On 05/12/2022 at 05:26, Tatt said:

If the Patches come back not effective, have you thought about crushing the pills and mixing them in with one of your shakes? Also there are gummy vitamins available too. I use the Gummy version of an off brand of Bioflex cause those pills are gigantic. Just an idea.

Your idea sounds like it’s worth a try.
To be honest, sticking the Patches on takes as much time as swallowing pills…I may go back to pills. And the gummies sound like they are worth looking into.
😊 thank you

My surgery is June 20th!

My surgery is scheduled for June 15th. Definitely looking forward to it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using BariatricPal mobile app

How are you feeling? Nervous ? Excited ? Has your Dr. Given you your pre and post op diet instructions yet ? I am interested if they differ from my own.
Pre Op
1 week liquid diet
Post Op
1 week Clear Liquids
2 week clear liquids only adding Protein Shakes if tolerated

week 3-6 very soft diet
week 7 ease into regular textures
I'm excited.
My diet looks a little different.
Pre-op is 2 weeks of liquid diet (4 Protein shakes a day)
Post op
Day 1-2 clear liquids (60g protein goal)
Day 3-5 clear liquids + 2 protein shakes (minimum 60g protein daily going forward)
Day 6-13 full liquids
Day 14-21 puree
Day 22-29 soft foods
Day 30+ healthy solid food

Anyone willing to share there starting points ? I’m 45 yrs old
Ht. 5’6. Wt. 226. BMI is 36.5
I'm 35, almost 36
Ht: 5'5"
Wt: 255
BMI: 42.5

Ideally I want to get to 165lb which still puts me "overweight" with a BMI of 27.5
However, the thought of being 111-149lbs seems SO small. I probably haven't weighed that little since I was in Middle School.

I have a 21 day pre-op that starts on June 1, but I'm using the month of May to get used to tracking foods again. Putting things on scales, looking at macros, all the fun stuff. I'm also starting to let go of the foods that I won't carry forward with me. I've had my last Pasta meal, eaten my last ice cream, etc. I know people can still be successful with those items in their diets, but that's not my story. I recognize the addiction I have to carbs/sugars and it's all or nothing.
I'm preparing to let foods go by enjoying them this month before starting my pre-op liquid diet on the 1st. I did a grocery run at the beginning of the month and now have to either eat it or toss it before I head to San Francisco on the 25th since I'll be returning on the 1st. I am still being mindful of my Protein and carb intake tho and trying to be mindful of portion size.

4 minutes ago, Jaxon Blayke said:

I'm preparing to let foods go by enjoying them this month before starting my pre-op liquid diet on the 1st. I did a grocery run at the beginning of the month and now have to either eat it or toss it before I head to San Francisco on the 25th since I'll be returning on the 1st. I am still being mindful of my Protein and carb intake tho and trying to be mindful of portion size.

That’s awesome. I set a lofty goal of trying to lose 50 lbs before surgery, so I need the extra time. Plus I had a hardcore sugar addiction that needed to be broke.

Medical charges are mostly nonsense. I'm a healthcare administrator and our charges are based on several factors, but are typically 2.5 - 3x the Medicare allowable; however, if I have a contract for higher than that (only ever worker's compensation), we will essentially round up the charge to the next whole hundred. So a procedure that we do everyday has a charge amount of $1600.00, but MCR reimburses us $299.37. By our standard the charge should be about $800; however, Florida Work Comp carriers reimburse $1593 for the procedure.
That’s awesome. I set a lofty goal of trying to lose 50 lbs before surgery, so I need the extra time. Plus I had a hardcore sugar addiction that needed to be broke.
Wow, 50lbs does seem lofty considering where you are starting. Good for you!
How is that going?

Just now, Jaxon Blayke said:

Wow, 50lbs does seem lofty considering where you are starting. Good for you!
How is that going?

Good. Down 17.5 lbs in 17 days. I have another 19 days before pre-op starts and then 3 weeks of pre-op.

On 4/4/2022 at 7:34 AM, Jessica1024 said:

Anyone willing to share there starting points ? I’m 45 yrs old
Ht. 5’6. Wt. 226. BMI is 36.5

I’m 39 5’4” 280 pounds

having gastric bypass on june 13tb

02A850DC-8319-43FC-9039-00AA8BFEC8A4.jpeg

4B821549-AACC-4437-929A-054F1137A4C1.jpeg