Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Angie! I had a trip scheduled for Saturday and had to cancel it. I'm glad I did now, because I've felt so awful. I'd say you probably won't feel up to traveling you should wait and see how you feel. If I've learned anything on this forum, it's that this effects everyone in different ways. Good luck and I hope you do feel well enough to travel. As for my travel plans, I'm missing the Super Bowl. :rolleyes2:

Hi, illion,

I'm sorry you're still having "discomfort." I guess that's not unusual for less than a week out, but I'm sure you're looking forward to putting the pain behind you.

Are you forcing yourself to drink a bunch of Water? It's really hard to believe that two of those Optifast shakes is too much, but I'm glad to hear you are being able to get down some sustenance, at least!

Please keep in touch! My doc is Veninga, too.

Angie in Forney, Texas, US

Surgery 2/19/08

309/287/???

Hi Cymbalom!

I'm a week behind you! Starting the Optifast on the 11th. I have Dr Gonzalez. Anyone had him as a surgeon? I'm getting really excited, so please keep posting. It's really helpful to know the reality that in front of me.

Cindy

Do you know if Dr. Kim is the same one that does surgery in North Richland Hills?

Yes...same Dr. David Kim from North Hills. My insurance denied my surgery. I had planned to have it done at North Hills with Dr. Kim.....went to his seminar this past September. Found TLC Edge and was thrilled to find that Dr. Kim is a participating surgeon for them too. He is AWESOME!!! I just had my 2 week post-op check up with Dr. Kim yesterday. Good luck on your journey!!

BTW....I am self pay (TLC $9990) vs. North Hills Hospital cash price of $15K.....

Hey, Cindy! I'll know more after Monday, when i'm seeing the dietition. Today was my shrink visit (LOL, I passed!). I'm excited, but also nervous. I can't figure out where excited ends and nervous begins! :party:

Angie in Texas, US

Hi Cymbalom!

I'm a week behind you! Starting the Optifast on the 11th. I have Dr Gonzalez. Anyone had him as a surgeon? I'm getting really excited, so please keep posting. It's really helpful to know the reality that in front of me.

Cindy

Angie,

I did my psych eval today and passed as well! It took me about 3 hours to get through it. I know what you mean about being excited. I'm know the nervousness will come but we need to focus on the excited part!

That is wonderful news! I went to his seminar last summer. My mom was approved by insurance and Dr. Kim did her surgery on 8/19/07. She has done very well and we go to his support groups every month. My insurance has excluded the surgery so it looks like I am going to have to self pay. What follow-up care is included with the self pay?

That is wonderful news! I went to his seminar last summer. My mom was approved by insurance and Dr. Kim did her surgery on 8/19/07. She has done very well and we go to his support groups every month. My insurance has excluded the surgery so it looks like I am going to have to self pay. What follow-up care is included with the self pay?

That's wonderful....so glad your mom is doing well with her band. I went to Dr. Kim's seminar in Sept but UHC denied my surgery b/c my BMI was barely a 37 at the time. Dr Kim is wonderful...great support and he has an awesome P.A. named John who attends many of the support groups as well. Being a self pay, with TLC Edge, the all the follow up visits with the TLC team, nurses, nutritionist etc are covered as well as your fills for the first 6 months. My 2 week post-op visit back at Dr Kim's North Hills office was also covered. Dr Kim also told me to stay in contact with him to keep him updated on my progress along the way. After my 6 months of fills with TLC....or even before that, if I choose to go to Dr Kim's office for fills he would let me do that as well....but I'd have to pay for my fills there. Not sure how much. I'm going to give the TLC Edge staff a try for my fills since they are included right now. If I have a problem or am not happy with how my follow up care is going, I feel good knowing that I am welcome to go back to Dr Kim at any point. Good luck!!! I'm getting my first fill on 2/28 and my possibly go to the North Hills LB support meeting that night.

Hi all, 1st time poster here. had my surgery on1/24 by Dr. Kim. No problems with nausea but have had some burping action going on. My abd. had minimal soreness but have been having some left shoulder pain. Have read that this is common with lap band surgery. I really like Dr. Kim and his staff and felt in good hands. Good luck to all!! Kathy in Dallas:smile:

Hi everyone. I made it. Surgery went great. Today is my first day back to work. I was planing on coming back last Monday, but I was not up to it, Decided to just take it easy until I was not pushing myself. Dr Kim is wonderful. The staff at the surgery center were great, could not have asked for anything better. My surgery was at 9:00 and I was home by 2:00. I tried to walk a little every hour and I feel it helped my with the gas. I did take the pain medication for 4 days. Today I am doing just fine. I am still tender around my port. I have my follow up visit with Dr Kim this Wedneday. Feels good to have the surgery past me.

Road King (you must have a Harley, LOL!) good for you, getting this all done. I can't wait.

I got my doc changed from Dr. Veninga to Dr. Gonzales, and my surgery is now 2/18. What! Me? Excited?????

Angie

Yes, how could you tell. My husband and I both ride harleys. We love it. I ride a Blue custom Road King. Can't wait till I get this wait off so I can even look better on my bike. I know what you mean about being excited, I know I was, but I am also glad to be on the other side. Still on my Optifast diet. Wednesday I will get to eat mushies. Can't wait.

Dianne

Welcome back Dianne!! I was beginning to get worried about you. So happy to hear that you are doing well. Your 2 week post-op with Dr Kim will go great!! He just wants to see you and give you reassurance that this surgery is going to be a wonderful tool as you work your way towards your goal. I met with him last Wednesday:) Started mushies on Friday. Not going so well....I think I am over-eating. The first couple days were fine...eating Soup and still drinking an Optifast shake or two b/c I bought 4 cases!! Anyway...I've moved on to mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs and I'm starving!! I think I did better with just Optifast and soup...so that is my plan again starting tomorrow. I do not want to regain what I have already lost. My first fill isn't until 2/28 and I know that most likely will not give me restriction. I've been reading that it will probably be my 3rd or more....so this will be a rough few months waiting to hit that sweet spot for serious losing. Anyway.....go easy on the muchie stage and let me know how it's working for you. I'm frustrated with it.

best wishes,

Stacey

Hi Stacy: I am looking forward to my visit with Dr Kim tomorrow. I lost about 14 lbs before surgery with the Optifast diet. But after surgery I have not lost anything. I keep telling myself not to get frustrated. With what I read here, this sounds common. My port area is still very tender. I still can feel pulling in my tummy, so I have not started to do any excercise. Just do not want to push it. Did you get a letter from TLCEdge Wellness program. Sounds like they have a conference call every Wednesday. I think I am going to call in tomorrow.