Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2022 surgery?

12 minutes ago, EastcoastUSvsg said:

VSG in Mexico May 10th.

Are you nervous about going to Mexico for the procedure? How does that work with follow up care? Will doctors here in the US take you on if there's complications? Or do you have to go to Mexico again?

My EGD went great today. Going to call my surgeon and see if the office can get their paperwork together for insurance right away! Ahh! Feels much more real now I met my requirements

3 hours ago, Future Sleeve Diva said:

Are you nervous about going to Mexico for the procedure? How does that work with follow up care? Will doctors here in the US take you on if there's complications? Or do you have to go to Mexico again?

3 hours ago, Future Sleeve Diva said:

I’m a bit nervous for sure. The clinic has done over 25,000 sleeves so I feel like it will be fine. I’m a VA patient so I don’t think they can refuse to see me. I did schedule a follow up here but I live in San Diego so if I did need to go back for follow up there it’s pretty easy. 😅

3 hours ago, EastcoastUSvsg said:

VSG in Mexico May 10th.

Hello! I’m VSG in Mexico on May 20. At OCC. How about you? Are you nervous about Mexico?

Hiya, I have booked in with my surgeon for the 9th May. I need to do the Optifast Diet for two weeks prior. Its kind of daunting but good at the same time.

Hello! I’m VSG in Mexico on May 20. At OCC. How about you? Are you nervous about Mexico?
I scheduled through MedicalMex. Definitely nervous. Not so much about the Mexico part, just about having the surgery in general. Sounds like there are some people who have serious regrets for the first few months.

What if I go through all this and only lose like 30 lbs [emoji33]

Sent from my T790W using BariatricPal mobile app

I guess a little. I'm not sure if I should reach out to a local Bariatric center now or just wait until after. Kinda the ask forgiveness, not permission thing. I scheduled a pre surgery appt with my general practitioner.

Sent from my T790W using BariatricPal mobile app

Don’t be scare to do your surgery in Mexico, I actually did mine in Tijuana Mexico, with Dr. Almánzar in Baja California hospital. Best decision ever, staff is well knowledgeable. Something I did noticed ( I’m talking about my experience) in Mexico they are less aggressive with the surgery, 3 hours after my surgery, I was walking and feeling like nothing happened ( they remove 75% of my stomach). 3 days after the surgery I came back to the state I went to the emergency room to make sure everything was good. The doctors here were amazed on how good and small my surgery incision were, also they did a CT because they were just curious and they stated everything was perfect. That the doctor did an amazing job. I’m just so thankful and feel so bless I decided to go to Mexico do that surgery.

@CGA70 I did my surgery in Mexico, before getting discharge. They preformed a leak scan to make sure everything is good.
Also, you follow up with them online. I have access to a nutritionist for a year ( they always reply to their email fast).
To check my Vitamins and blood work, my doctor to that here ( in the states).
Base on my experience, if the surgery goes well, there is not much to follow up. I mean the only follow up will be pay a deductible to my insurance so the surgeon can weight myself.
Now if surgery don’t go as plan that’s when you will need a doctor. Of course in Mexico they are not crazy, they want more people to go there and they make sure they do everything perfect ( I’m talking about my clinic). He currently has more than 23k successful surgeries.

On 4/11/2022 at 12:13 AM, Future Sleeve Diva said:

Hi!!! Mine is May 3rd. I'm surprised I'm not nervous lol I should be, but more excited than anything. I can't wait to start the next chapter of my life and get healthy again. I wasn't always heavy like I am now. I'm ready to get back to ME, you know?

Im surprised I got a call today to schedule surgery. My date is May 3rd as well. Its about to get real......soon lol

On 4/10/2022 at 10:07 PM, BellaDGR8 said:

Hi Everyone! My surgery is scheduled for May 6th...more nervous than excited but ready to embark on this journey. Good luck to you all!

Is that Hogwarts in your profile pic lol

I just got my surgery date today May 3rd. Im shocked its so early in May I was expecting it to be around the end of May. Not complaining just surprised ha!

20 minutes ago, Crisscat said:

Im surprised I got a call today to schedule surgery. My date is May 3rd as well. Its about to get real......soon lol

YAY!!! Hi surgery twin!!!! We can be excited together :)

On 4/9/2022 at 8:32 PM, Nelly 06 said:

Good luck to all of you. I had my bariatric sleeve on March 10 and let me tell you all, best decision I ever made. I already lost 26 pounds. I was 215, my advise to all of you will be 3 or 4 hours after the surgery get out of the bed and walk. Walk as much as you can, so all the gases come out.

Someone said we can take Gas X to start the gas relief process. Does anyone know if thats true or not and has anyone tried it?

May 18th….. good luck everyone!