Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2022 surgery?

On 5/7/2022 at 6:32 PM, Merill said:

Hi Marianne, age is just a number it's what you feel that matters😊 Congratulations on finding your true love not all of us are that fortunate! and if you feel this is the right time for you to look after yourself then you're on the right track! I'm 56 and have been a single mum of 3 for 23 years myself and I never thought of remarrying as I divoted myself to raising my kids now they're 35 33 and 27 and I have a grandchild as well♥️ who knows I may find true love too one day lol

Thank you for your good wishes all the best to you keep me posted please🙏🙏

I was also a single mom of 1 for 25 years, and also cared for my mother. But when my child became independent and my mother passed away, I found extra time on my hands and tried match.com. At age 59 and 240 lbs, I met and married a wonderful guy - in Hawaii! He is very supportive of my choice to have this surgery. He is also dieting and we plan to be much more active and do more travel in our golden years. It's NEVER to late to find someone to spend the rest of your life with!

Edited by sprukop0924

15 minutes ago, sprukop0924 said:

Yep! Count me in the "over 60" club. I'm 62 and decided it's NOW OR NEVER!

Medicare pays a lot of it. Between my private ins and Medicare it’s probably pretty much free. Can’t wait 😛

1 minute ago, Grider said:

Medicare pays a lot of it. Between my private ins and Medicare it’s probably pretty much free. Can’t wait 😛

I'm still working but my private health insurance covers it (well, except my $4k out of pocket max). I was afraid Medicare wouldn't cover, so I thought I should do this before I retire.

6 minutes ago, sprukop0924 said:

I was also a single mom of 1 for 25 years, and also cared for my mother. But when my child became independent and my mother passed away, I found extra time on my hands and tried match.com. At age 59 and 240 lbs, I met and married a wonderful guy - in Hawaii! He is very supportive of my choice to have this surgery. He is also dieting and we plan to be much more active and do more travel in our golden years. It's NEVER to late to find someone to spend the rest of your life with!

Don’t know where “love” lives, but I don’t have that address. I’ve been married n divorced had 3 sons n now grands. Still have some miles left maybe if I get this true thinning out might find a fella to hang with. Been by myself since 2004

4 minutes ago, sprukop0924 said:

I'm still working but my private health insurance covers it (well, except my $4k out of pocket max). I was afraid Medicare wouldn't cover, so I thought I should do this before I retire.

I had a lap band 11 yrs ago Ins paid all but about $3k and some dr bills. I ended up getting a part time to clear them up. Now retired n with both Ins., it’s a blessing.

Edited by Grider

20 minutes ago, sprukop0924 said:

I tried to multi-quote and I did the same quote 3X. my bad.

I'm 67 ...hoping for surgery in mid june and today CIGNA approved me. YAY! I meet with my surgeon on Monday, 5/16 and hopefully get a surgery of 6/8-ish.

I started a modified liver shrinking diet one week ago ---all per the surgery cooridnator --- it was 2 Protein Shakes, one under 300 calorie meal and 2 Snacks (usually less than 100 calories). I lost 5 lbs. Today I started the all Liquid Protein shake eating plan, and the surgeon will tell me where to go with that protocol when I see him Monday.

Good luck to everyone here on the way to surgery or recovering.

15 minutes ago, sprukop0924 said:

CONGRATS!!!! I love a happy ending!!! I had a disastrous first marriage that my parents forced me into when i was 19. I stayed for 16 years and divorced him. I had two teen daughters -- 14 and 15 -- when I met my husband. 27 years later, he is the love of my life. He and I have 3 children together. It's never too late...this is your life, not dress rehearsal.

I am so encouraged by the people who write that this surgery is the best thing they ever did.

11 minutes ago, Mariann812 said:

CONGRATS!!!! I love a happy ending!!! I had a disastrous first marriage that my parents forced me into when i was 19. I stayed for 16 years and divorced him. I had two teen daughters -- 14 and 15 -- when I met my husband. 27 years later, he is the love of my life. He and I have 3 children together. It's never too late...this is your life, not dress rehearsal.

I am so encouraged by the people who write that this surgery is the best thing they ever did.

Sweet stories. I married at 19 to an abusive man kept that a secret till left after 10 years. I raised my son by myself. I met someone through a dating program. We dated 5 years before we would commit to marriage. We have been married 13 years. Some time it feels like yesterday and other I have know him all my life. My ex husband was a mean person calling me "a fat f*** b*****". My husband now is so supportive even though he likes a woman with a little weight "to hold on to". I have been blessed in my life to survive a bad marriage. My ex never remarried though he tried. He died a year ago all a lone at home from cirrhosis. Very sad he did not have to live that way he was very intelligent but had too many demons to deal with.

27 minutes ago, Pantherwild69 said:

Hello everyone I had my surgery on 5/9/22 , I had the sleeve down and it went great I was home Tuesday

Woo Hoo! I see you are also in Texas. I'm in the Dallas area. Are you near me? Did you have any issues with gas pain?

On 05/12/2022 at 11:59, healthy granny said:

Me too! I have surgery on the 19th. I am a little nervous about adjusting my life around my new diet.

It’s a huge lifestyle change but one that is so worth it!

On 5/9/2022 at 1:30 PM, JBunn said:

I just had my one week postoperative visit today. I am doing great. No nausea, no issues thus far and I’m meeting my protein/fluid intake. My doctor just approved me to go to the purée stage and I’m down 8.8 pounds in a week:)

Anyone know u it possible to drive yourself to an fo srgry??? I have n overtired stay.

On 05/12/2022 at 14:47, Hesitant but hopeful said:

Anyone know u it possible to drive yourself to an fo srgry??? I have n overtired stay.

To and from surgery? To I guess would be fine but my surgeon office said a ride home is required. You are a little doped up on pain pills so driving would be scary 😧