Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2022 surgery?

Hello, I am waiting for my surgery date of May 31st.
The "Liver Shrinking Diet" is real!
I've been doing it for a few months now and the last couple of months I am a pro/veteran no cheating so I'm expecting my liver to be the size my surgeon want it to be.

Sent from my SM-G930U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, Stefan15 said:

One week to go! This 2 week liquid diet is killing me! Just thinking about the end goal though 😎

I agree. one more week. I can do pureed food. Thinking of the first thing I want to try. What will you try first? I thought scrambled eggs just by taking it slow. I really want steak or a port chop

Enjoy the journey! It’s not a race!

One week out from post-op, two weeks of liquids to go.
Today’s flavortown sensation is whey Protein isolate mango orange from costco. I feel like I’m on a tropical island living the good life. It has 20 grams of Protein and such a lovely tangy flavor. Mmm! Mmm! I need a tiny umbrella for that tiny sipping cup.

My blood sugar numbers are so good. They haven’t been like this since 2019! I put a call into my primary doctor asking about adjusting my meds. I’m on metformin, glipicide, and sitogliptin for my diabetes. Saturday night, after I took evening meds I felt dizzy so I took a glucose reading and it was 87. I usually don’t take a bedtime reading but this seemed low. So, the next day I decided to self-adjust the meds and keep track of my readings. I took the am metformin but not the sit or glip and tested my blood glucose in the evening. It was 97 so I decided not to take the pm metformin. This morning my reading was 101. Great! I was hoping that this surgery would help kick diabetes into remission and I’m delighted that my blood glucose readings are this good this soon.

I had some canned chicken (2 Oz) with a little sugar free BBQ Sauce and it took me straight to Flavortown.
My surgery was last Monday.

If anyone starts on puréed foods, go small and creamy at first. Nonfat yogurt, hummus, refried Beans are good starters.

On 05/23/2022 at 16:32, Lee anne said:

I agree. one more week. I can do pureed food. Thinking of the first thing I want to try. What will you try first? I thought scrambled eggs just by taking it slow. I really want steak or a port chop

I’m making a list of what soft/puréed to have when that day arrives
1. Refried Beans
2. Scrambled egg
3. Puréed costco rotisserie chicken
🤤

All set for surgery tomorrow morning. Liver shrinking diet got easier as the two weeks went on.

Sleeve, hernia repair, and gall bladder removal. Yay!

1 hour ago, FarfelDiego said:

Today’s flavortown sensation is whey Protein isolate mango orange from costco. I feel like I’m on a tropical island living the good life. It has 20 grams of Protein and such a lovely tangy flavor. Mmm! Mmm! I need a tiny umbrella for that tiny sipping cup.

My blood sugar numbers are so good. They haven’t been like this since 2019! I put a call into my primary doctor asking about adjusting my meds. I’m on metformin, glipicide, and sitogliptin for my diabetes. Saturday night, after I took evening meds I felt dizzy so I took a glucose reading and it was 87. I usually don’t take a bedtime reading but this seemed low. So, the next day I decided to self-adjust the meds and keep track of my readings. I took the am metformin but not the sit or glip and tested my blood glucose in the evening. It was 97 so I decided not to take the pm metformin. This morning my reading was 101. Great! I was hoping that this surgery would help kick diabetes into remission and I’m delighted that my blood glucose readings are this good this soon.

That's awesome. I am not on diabetic medicine yet but my A1C was boarder line. I hope this will stop it developing to diabetes. My cholesterol is a little high, can't wait to do new labs and see where I am at.

10 hours ago, FarfelDiego said:

Isn't it great that diabetes is helped by this operation. I was taking Metformin, Two types of insulin and Galvumet before the operation. Since then I have not taken anything and my bloods have remained stable. Still on the puree stage now. It will be interesting to see how the bsls it goes when the real food is back on the menu.

We will see. Any drop in medications will be a bonus for us.

10 hours ago, Raw188 said:

All set for surgery tomorrow morning. Liver shrinking diet got easier as the two weeks went on.

Sleeve, hernia repair, and gall bladder removal. Yay!

Good Luck with your operation tomorrow. it will be good to get your gall bladder out at the same time to. No unexpected surprise later on. Breathe, walk and sip sip sip. Dont forget a heat pack to ease the pain. :)

14 hours ago, Stefan15 said:

One week to go! This 2 week liquid diet is killing me! Just thinking about the end goal though 😎

You got this girl😊

You can do it! 💪💪💪💪👏👏👏👏♥️♥️♥️

Post op may 18th, I feel like I’m right there with everyone! Pain on left side feels like my stomach is hanging down and pulling. Last couple of days have been more intense pain but not horrible. Tomorrow makes officially one week since surgery. Clear liq diet sucks but I can see a difference already so it’s keeping me motivated. First pre op poop is heaven! Lol good luck everyone!

14 hours ago, Lee anne said:

LOL I agree. The eggs will probably be first, but I really want a steak from Texas Road House!!!!!