Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only 22lbs lost 2 months post op - what is happening?

@Zerofuckstogive70: if u dont mind sharing, whats your average calorie intake per day? Which im going to assume is almost all Protein as you are very-low-fat and no carb (well prob ultra-ultra-low carb as it’s probably impossible to eat zero carbs)?

Edited by ms.sss

On 3/10/2022 at 11:37 AM, Zerofuckstogive70 said:

I do not eat any carbs, everything is fat free and low fat. I just started incorporating veggies. I only eat 2-3oz of Protein and 1 oz of veggies (green veggies - no potatoes).

Vegetables also have carbs, so do dairy and lentils/beans. So it really depends. Plus, like few others mentioned, even my program isn't restrictive on carbs or fats or calories. My Protein and carbs content more or less align in numbers. So you shouldn't get too bogged down with numbers unless you're eating heavy load of calories.

I feel your workout sessions are heavy 1-3 hrs starting in about 5 weeks in. Though your program recommendation may be different. With such heavy workout, you also have to take into account muscle mass which may be replacing your fat loss. Hence slower weight loss. Personally speaking, such exhausting workout, only a month after surgery, sounds a bit too much for me. But if it's working out for you, might as well.

Edited by DaisyAndSunshine

You are working out 1-3 hours? That’s incredible! You’re probably gaining muscle weight, even if your attention is in mostly cardio. Keep up what you’re doing and I bet one day soon you’ll see a huge drop all of a sudden.

I think 22lb is great. Well done! Are you still losing? Are you enjoying your life? Remember, if you lose 1lb a week, that's your goal weight by next summer. Relax, smile, have a cookie.

I apologize but I don’t know how to reply directly to messages. My caloric intake ranges between 500-900 calories per day. I do about 40-45 minutes of cardio and the rest of the time I’m strength and weight training. Since this post I’m down another 2 pounds but struggling with Constipation. Smh

3 minutes ago, Zerofuckstogive70 said:

I apologize but I don’t know how to reply directly to messages. My caloric intake ranges between 500-900 calories per day. I do about 40-45 minutes of cardio and the rest of the time I’m strength and weight training. Since this post I’m down another 2 pounds but struggling with constipation. Smh

2lb in a day! Excellent. Try a fibre supplement with lots of Water.

I don’t see on this post how much you needed to loose in all? I’ve lost 49 im 3 months post op Monday that includes weightI loss 2 weeks prior to surgery I need to loose another 40-50 I’m 46 and I’m on a 1 week stall rite now .

I think I lost 20 lbs at 2 months. You sound like you are doing well. Everyone looses at their own pace, and exercises at their own capacity too. I love to move and be active and have found that if I feel “starving “ I should eat a little more Protein or veg and the weight stall ends. My plan is mostly protein and veggies, but I can eat anything. That said, I dump and have problems digesting simple carbs so I tend to avoid them or pair them with protein if I really want them (just me). Most of the time it’s not worth it (still feeling the noodles from 2 days ago).

Ok so I’m down 30 lbs since surgery. Dietitian and surgeon said I’m doing well on the higher end of their expectations. I’m really happy to hear this!!

4 minutes ago, Zerofuckstogive70 said:

Ok so I’m down 30 lbs since surgery. Dietitian and surgeon said I’m doing well on the higher end of their expectations. I’m really happy to hear this!!

Great job! Keep up the good work!