Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why am I craving this particular food? (Food mention trigger warning)

2 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

LOL! My husband works at a university and was working with two exchange students from northern Sweden one year. We were having a really cold winter here that year, so I asked them if the weather reminded them home. They said no - it was hot here! (and I live in frigid Wisconsin! But they were from up above the Arctic circle, so....)

I'm sure I've bored everyone to death with this before, but we get put outside to sleep our naps when we're kids. Until school starts when we're 6. Also in sub-zero temps. Also when it snows. When our moms go to the store, they leave us outside in the pram to sleep.

So until I had surgery, regardless of weight, my preferred bedroom temperature was 8C / 46F. Just on the cusp of being able to see my own breath.

38 minutes ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

I'm sure I've bored everyone to death with this before, but we get put outside to sleep our naps when we're kids. Until school starts when we're 6. Also in sub-zero temps. Also when it snows. When our moms go to the store, they leave us outside in the pram to sleep.

So until I had surgery, regardless of weight, my preferred bedroom temperature was 8C / 46F. Just on the cusp of being able to see my own breath.

Now I know you're a shapeshifting 👽 in Nordicland. You're not human! That's insane! 🤣

6 minutes ago, WhispersOfAngel said:

Now I know you're a shapeshifting 👽 in Nordicland. You're not human! That's insane! 🤣

https://www.insider.com/nordic-parents-nap-babies-subzero-temperatures-sleep-better-2020-1

Parents in Nordic countries prioritize maximizing a child's time outdoors, often citing the motto: "There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing," Shu noted.

According to that philosophy, babies and children can go outside at any time of year, so long as they're dressed properly. Educators in Denmark and Sweden apply that same concept to teaching too. Many schools there follow the forest school model, which promotes using the outdoors as a classroom.

Oh, and before we spiral way off of topic (too late, I know): I just got an appointment to get blood work done on Friday to see why I am the lemon/salt man. OP, maybe give it a go, too - see if you're deficient.

1 hour ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

Oh, and before we spiral way off of topic (too late, I know): I just got an appointment to get blood work done on Friday to see why I am the lemon/salt man. OP, maybe give it a go, too - see if you're deficient.

This is exactly why Alex needs to bring back the chat room here. Sorry to hijack your thread, @PuraVida37!

@Pollito already diagnosed you. He said you're following the margarita diet. 🍹

2 hours ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

I'm on the other side of Europe and under 18C we wear hats and scarves.

19 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

I think because soda is usually drunk with junk food

That's exactly why, same with saturated fat. Any time you see blank correlative association run a mile.

On 3/8/2022 at 1:11 PM, WhispersOfAngel said:

This is exactly why Alex needs to bring back the chat room here. Sorry to hijack your thread, @PuraVida37!

@Pollito already diagnosed you. He said you're following the margarita diet. 🍹

Dang it! I've given up sodas and margaritas!! No problem hijacking the thread. It's nice to have some friendly banter. I hope my body is not decided it's done losing. I'm like 2 lbs from Onderland. I'd be happy with another 15 lb loss. I could be at peace there I think. I see my doctor in another 2 weeks for the one year visit. I'll ask him. He'll tell me it's head hunger, I bet. Prob is. Thanks, everyone!

On 3/8/2022 at 11:42 AM, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

What is the part about lemon/salt? P.S. re the liking it cold..in the vernacular of the south...Y'all just crazy...😁

On 03/08/2022 at 11:33, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

https://www.insider.com/nordic-parents-nap-babies-subzero-temperatures-sleep-better-2020-1

Parents in Nordic countries prioritize maximizing a child's time outdoors, often citing the motto: "There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing," Shu noted.

According to that philosophy, babies and children can go outside at any time of year, so long as they're dressed properly. Educators in Denmark and Sweden apply that same concept to teaching too. Many schools there follow the forest school model, which promotes using the outdoors as a classroom.

My father (from Hungary) raised me this way too. I’m a teacher and it’s a new/old movement in the US called the Waldorf School. It was a wonderful way to grow up! It’s super crazy expensive to send your kids to it now in the US.

Back to food, I was craving Japanese food and seaweed. Turns out I was deficient in iodine.

On 3/7/2022 at 4:35 PM, Pollito said:

Didn't know what CFA was but...I can do this

Classic lemonade using three simple ingredients: real lemon juice—not from concentrate, Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener, and Water

Touch of "salt and cumin powder" and you'll thank me later [Indian twist to lemonade] 😂

8 hours ago, DaisyAndSunshine said:

Touch of "salt and cumin powder" and you'll thank me later [Indian twist to lemonade] 😂

Absolutely, sounds like my thing.

8 hours ago, DaisyAndSunshine said:

That sounds really different. I'll give it a try. Thank you!