Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you post what your food intake looks like over the course of the day? Dec, Jan, Feb surgeries

On 3/11/2022 at 6:38 PM, DaisyAndSunshine said:

If you like, I can send you a PDF version of my program's meal plan. You can try getting some ideas from there. But it is bizarre that they haven't provided any guidance to you.

That's great- can you post that??

21 hours ago, Pollito said:

Unfortunately it lies all the time. If you're eating below replacement calories, you're losing fat.

Can you explain what that means? Excuse my ignorance. Do you mean that it's coming off somehow but not in numbers?

6 hours ago, idk4w said:

Can you explain what that means? Excuse my ignorance. Do you mean that it's coming off somehow but not in numbers?

Absolutely. If you ate, say, 600 Calories on a Wednesday. And if, on that Wednesday, you burned, for example, 1800 calories, then you lost body fat. On that day, you lost body fat. And a little of other things, some Protein. Not from muscle primarily like people say but from skin and intestinal lining which are high turnover Proteins. The scale doesn't always reflect that linearly. You may retain Water, or have inflammation. The people who say "I lost 21lb in the first two weeks and in week three I've stalled" - well, it's simple nonsense! They didn't lose anywhere close to 21lb in two weeks. It's takes a caloric deficit of 3500 Calories to lose 1lb which means that they'd have needed a deficit of 5250 Calories per day. Which even if they ran a marathon and ate absolutely nothing, is impossible. So...they almost certainly lost inflammation weight after their operation trauma, glycogen/water if their carbohydrate levels are much lower than pre-operatively and there will be other aspects too like serious dehydration. And this infamous 3 week stall? Well, all those things are largely finished and most people won't be doing the KFC buckets with extra fries in week three, so why is it? Normally increased fibre, giving roughage weight in the intestine and rehydration due to the ability to drink more water.

18 hours ago, idk4w said:

But what I'm nervous about is that I'm just stalled becuase maybe i"m somehow eating too much bec the food doesn't bother me, and I def eat more than 1/2 cup at a time!!! It's way less than pre-sleeve, but definitely more than 1/2 cup they told me I'd be able to handle. I'm really concerned!

I am not exactly sure what stage you're at. If you can fill out your profile, it would give us a better picture.

During my full Fluid phase I was easily able to consume 1/2 cup. So it all depends on what stage you're at and the kinda food you're consuming.

3 months post-Op and I can easily do 3/4 cup of meal. Half of it is usually yogurt and other half would be Beans, lentils, veggies, some grains, fruits etc etc.

So it all depends on the kinda food you're referring to and the stage you're at.

18 hours ago, idk4w said:

That's great- can you post that??

I'll try to DM you my meal plan soon or if I forget, just shoot me a message.

I am six months out. I don’t typically have any Snacks of any kind but this is what I have in a normal day:

Breakfast-1/2 serving of yogurt or cottage cheese, 1/4 cup of fruit such as blueberries or strawberries, 1/4 oz pumpkin or sunflower seeds

Lunch: dark greens salad with 2 oz grilled chicken and 1 oz chickpeas, 1 T Salad Dressing, usually some tomatoes or other low carb veggies mixed in

Mid-afternoon: a cup of tea with two scoops of collagen peptides mixed in

Dinner: 3 oz of grilled chicken, fish, or lean pork. About half a cup of vegetable or other high Fiber side.

After dinner: one square of dark chocolate, usually more tea.

I tolerate raw vegetables and fibrous stuff better than some others at this point, so YMMV.