Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Peppers, Peppers, everywhere Peppers!!!

Why can't the food manufacture companies make frozen mixed vegetables WITHOUT PEPPERS?!?!? It seems that every frozen meal, vegetables, premade dinners, almost every meal I see in the freezer section has either red, yellow, green, or some form of hot spicy pepper in it. I know it's better to make your own foods and not eat the frozen dinners, but there are sometimes days that you just don't feel like cooking. I LOVE mixed vegetables, and frozen dinners are becoming healthier as the years go by. I just hope the one of these years they will understand that not everyone likes peppers. Couldn't they put the peppers in a small condiment bag to be added to the meal if someone wants peppers?

I purchased a package of Green Giant frozen broccoli and carrots in light seasoned sauce. I thought that it would be good to have in between meals or even with a meal. I put it in the microwave to cook and about 4 minutes after I started cooking it, I started smelling the very strong smell of peppers. I checked the box and it didn't say anything about peppers being inside with the broccoli.

Please make more frozen foods without peppers. Anyone can add them to the meal, but it sure is hard to pick them out one by one when you don't like them.

I hear you but my gripe is mangos and bananas, allergic to both and its so annoying just about every juice/ smoothie has them in it. I must admit over here in Australia we don't get a lot of capsicum ( Peppers) in our frozen meals ..........touch wood, but banana and mango are in everything other than savory dishes of course.

I like capsicum but am allergic to chilli. At least you can pick the capsicum (pepper) out @OnMyWay1956. Try to go out to eat & order something without chilli these days. And they rarely identify it on the menu either or use terms that might indicate the presence of it. I have to ask if it’s in what I want to order every time I go out. It is frustrating when they recognise certain allergies but not others. I’ve had a wait staff tell me there’s only a little bit in the dish & it isn’t hot after I’ve told them it’s an allergy. They wouldn’t suggest someone with a nut or seafood, etc. allergy eat a meal with their allergen present.

Oh gracious, a Queenslander with a Mango allergy - 😱. You’ll be kicked out of the state 😆😆😆. I love mango but they tend to make my restriction kick in if I have more than a couple of bites so sad.

(You getting any of this rain @SleeverSk or are you too far west?)

Edited by Arabesque

12 minutes ago, Arabesque said:

I like capsicum but am allergic to chilli. At least you can pick the capsicum (pepper) out @OnMyWay1956. Try to go out to eat & order something without chilli these days. And they rarely identify it on the menu either or use terms that might indicate the presence of it. I have to ask if it’s in what I want to order every time I go out. It is frustrating when they recognise certain allergies but not others. I’ve had a wait staff tell me there’s only a little bit in the dish & it isn’t hot after I’ve told them it’s an allergy. They wouldn’t suggest someone with a nut or seafood, etc. allergy eat a meal with their allergen present.

Oh gracious, a Queenslander with a Mango allergy - 😱. You’ll be kicked out of the state 😆😆😆. I love mango but they tend to make my restriction kick in if I have more than a couple of bites so sad.

(You getting any of this rain @SleeverSk or are you too far west?)

lol yeah people are astonished when I say I cant eat Mango or banana. No not getting any of the rain, I am up near Mt Isa. How about you much rain? Looking at friends posts from the SE it looks terrible

Edited by SleeverSk

1 hour ago, SleeverSk said:

lol yeah people are astonished when I say I cant eat Mango or banana. No not getting any of the rain, I am up near Mt Isa. How about you much rain? Looking at friends posts from the SE it looks terrible

I knew you were out west but couldn’t recall where exactly - Conclurry? My family is in Gatton & mum told me this morning they’d had 17in since early Wednesday. I’ve had similar in Brisbane. All our farms are flooded, Water through packing sheds & through the offices. Higher than 2011. Mum & both brothers are isolated because of flooded roads & bridges & subsequent damage. One brother had septic back up in his house & same issue at the offices & packing sheds. And it’s still raining. Will be a huge mess to clean up. Said to mum: everyone is safe & healthy. Everything else is just stuff. We are a land of droughts & flooding rains.

32 minutes ago, Arabesque said:

I knew you were out west but couldn’t recall where exactly - Conclurry? My family is in Gatton & mum told me this morning they’d had 17in since early Wednesday. I’ve had similar in Brisbane. All our farms are flooded, Water through packing sheds & through the offices. Higher than 2011. Mum & both brothers are isolated because of flooded roads & bridges & subsequent damage. One brother had septic back up in his house & same issue at the offices & packing sheds. And it’s still raining. Will be a huge mess to clean up. Said to mum: everyone is safe & healthy. Everything else is just stuff. We are a land of droughts & flooding rains.

Cloncurry yes, Yes that's for sure stuff can be replaced although cleaning up after floods is a very mess and hazardous Maybe we should privately message rather high jacking the OPers post to chat :) or we could start a new thread for general chit chat :)

My favorite frozen vegetables are petite peas or peas and carrots…what can I say, I have a love of green peas.

I looooooove spicy food, but the texture of cooked peppers is practically vomit-inducing to me. I hate cooked peppers in my food. :(

And I just now roasted three peppers/capsicums and peeled them and put them in my egg bake for the week. :D

My gripe is bananas! All the smoothies, Cookies, muffin, pancake substitute recipes have a banana base! I like bananas but that's it, only the actual banana. Nothing else banana flavored, not even banana bread.

I know right and I am allergic to bananas and mangoes. They are in everything these days

2 minutes ago, SleeverSk said:

I know right and I am allergic to bananas and mangoes. They are in everything these days

I wish I was creative in the kitchen and could create my own. I am more of a recipe follower, and maybe slight modifier. haha

13 hours ago, kcuster83 said:

My gripe is bananas! All the smoothies, Cookies, muffin, pancake substitute recipes have a banana base! I like bananas but that's it, only the actual banana. Nothing else banana flavored, not even banana bread.

I’m the same with strawberries. Fresh strawberries are delicious but strawberry yoghurt, ice cream, cheesecake, milk shake, … disgusting.

8 hours ago, Arabesque said:

I’m the same with strawberries. Fresh strawberries are delicious but strawberry yoghurt, ice cream, cheesecake, milk shake, … disgusting.

I used to be the opposite. I loved anything strawberry flavored but didn't like the actual strawberries. I had issues with the seeds. At some point in my life I just love anything strawberry.

I actually had my first strawberry since surgery yesterday, yummy.

I feel this. I hate cooked peppers, especially green peppers, in frozen foods. The taste is overpowering and they’re always mushy.