Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week post op and I feel amazing!!

Hey y'all! I had my surgery on 2/17, was discharged on 2/18, and back to work on 2/21 (against my doctor's advice). I have been in the gym almost everyday for an hr on the treadmill and I'm down 15lbs so far. My doctor thinks I'm nuts for going back to work so soon, but I sit at a desk all day and I honestly have very little pain. I don't even use the pain meds. My only struggle is eating pureed foods for another week. My doctor skipped the liquid diet and put me straight to pureed foods.

My starting weight was 280lbs and 1 week later I'm at 265lbs. I'm excited !! Just curious as to when others started noticing that a smaller wardrobe was needed?

Edited by blackluxury82

it took awhile before I needed smaller sizes - but then, a lot of my clothes weren't exactly "form fitting", since I wanted to hide my fat! But I can say that 10 lbs can mean a different size when you're at or close to a normal BMI. It's quite a bit more than that the further above normal BMI you get. I think I wore the same clothes for a good 30 or so lbs -- maybe more - at least at the beginning.

When I started, I was in a 3X at 280. Now I can fit into a 1X at 248. I’ve only purchased 2 pairs of stretchy pants and 1 pair of dress pants. I’m still wearing my 3X tops. I’ll need to buy some shorts and probably smaller tops for the summer. I’m just going to buy a few things until my size stabilizes so I don’t waste a lot of money. I checked out the thrift store, but didn’t see anything that I would want.

Congrats! I had the same story, never any pain, felt great right away. I used a charity thrift store, St. Vincent de Paul to get transition clothes as I changed sizes in order to pay $2 or $3 per item rather than $20+ per item while I was losing. It worked out well. I changed sizes about every 20 pounds.

Congratulations! Quick and easy recoveries are the best surprise anyone can get.
I began to need new clothes 4 months post op, then again at 1 year post op. I’ve basically been in the same wardrobe since then adding and subtracting only if needed.

Congratulations! I am so glad you are doing so well. You have no idea how happy I am to hear this. I have my surgery on Thursday and I will be back at work the following Monday. I didn't really have a choice. Since I'm flying to Vegas for surgery and need to be there Mon- Sat for pre-op testing, surgery and post-op procedures. That used up my vacation hours. i'll just keep telling myself, I'm not the only one. Blackluxury did it easily :)

Thank you so much and good luck with your surgery. I think you will be just fine. Just try to walk as much as u can tolerate once you're able to.

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Congratulations! Quick and easy recoveries are the best surprise anyone can get.
I began to need new clothes 4 months post op, then again at 1 year post op. I’ve basically been in the same wardrobe since then adding and subtracting only if needed.

Thank you!! I'm looking forward to smaller clothes and to get rid of this stomach. I just want to get back to a size 12 again lol.

2 hours ago, GradyCat said:

Congrats! I had the same story, never any pain, felt great right away. I used a charity thrift store, St. Vincent de Paul to get transition clothes as I changed sizes in order to pay $2 or $3 per item rather than $20+ per item while I was losing. It worked out well. I changed sizes about every 20 pounds.

Awesome thanks!

WOOHOO! I hope I have these results and feel great after my surgery! (March 21st is the big day!)

Side note: How do you get your ticker to show up as your signature. I keep getting an error that says "does not meet the format" when I enter the URL.

3 hours ago, blackluxury82 said:

Thank you!! I'm looking forward to smaller clothes and to get rid of this stomach. I just want to get back to a size 12 again lol.

the stomach seems to be the most stubborn and last place for the fat to move from :( I am 30kg down happy with everything except my darn stomach :( yes its smaller but still holding onto a lot of fat. but I think you will be fine you are more active than me. I am yet to step foot in a gym or do any planned exercise.................slack I know.

On 2/24/2022 at 3:22 PM, blackluxury82 said:

Hey y'all! I had my surgery on 2/17, was discharged on 2/18, and back to work on 2/21 (against my doctor's advice). I have been in the gym almost everyday for an hr on the treadmill and I'm down 15lbs so far. My doctor thinks I'm nuts for going back to work so soon, but I sit at a desk all day and I honestly have very little pain. I don't even use the pain meds. My only struggle is eating pureed foods for another week. My doctor skipped the liquid diet and put me straight to pureed foods.

My starting weight was 280lbs and 1 week later I'm at 265lbs. I'm excited !! Just curious as to when others started noticing that a smaller wardrobe was needed?

Hey…congrats. I had my surgery on 2/16 and I was just put on puréed foods 2 days ago. I went in at 236 and now I am 226, I think most of it is due to walking, My doctor has me walking at least one hr a day because unfortunately I am unable to excel is due to knee damage. I am back at school and work as well. Other than the occasional reflux or gas pain I am much better. I saw that a pair of pajama pants that were normally tight were no longer so and there was extra room in them now. I haven’t checked my weight since Thursday but I am pretty sure I done loss some more.

When you are in the PURÉED stage, do you put meat in a blender? I don’t know if I can do that. I would rather skip meat while in that stage.

Congrats to all on a fast and uneventful surgery. I'm almost 1 week out. Everyday is different. I'm very low energy but trying to stick with Keto diet, at least in the beginning because I lose weight so slow normally. I have some health issues which aren't helping the low energy issue. Sometimes I'm surprised I'm hungry. I heard that generally in the first stages you aren't that hungry. The good news is having 4 oz of Protein Drink gets rid of the hunger. But its a good thing my refridge and pantry are emptied of anything I shouldn't be eating right now! I suspect I'm much older than a lot of people on this board.