Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey! I'm 10 days post op.

I miss getting coffees and drinks out. I'm going to wait most until I feel 100% comfortable and healed but wanted to know anyone go to smoothie king after their weight loss surgery?

What's some things you like to order/find is okay for post op life?

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

I haven't been to a Smoothie King since I had surgery because I assume their smoothies are loaded with calories - but then I've never actually checked. But I would definitely check that before going, if I were you. I make my own smoothies at home - then I can control the sugar and calories.

I just googled their nutrition page. Even at almost seven years out, most of these are too high in calories for me (a meal for me is 300-500 calories - a snack more like 100-200). A handful of these would work for me calorie-wise at this juncture - but probably not when I was early out. Plus the carbs are very high, if you're on a low-carb plan

https://www.smoothieking.com/menu/smoothies/nutrition/fitness-blends

Edited by catwoman7

I have never been to a Smoothie King but my 1st question would be do they have any Protein in them? The 1st 8-10 months you need to really focus on protein & make sure you get in what you are supposed to. smoothies can really fill up your stomach so be careful that you aren’t going over 3oz if you are treating it like a meal. I would stick to a small homemade smoothie with Protein Powder added.

I've never heard of this place (I assume it's American) but I'm a month post op. I enjoy eating hummus of different flavours, cottage cheese, guacamole, cheese, spinach/pesto dip that I make, yoghurt and in restaurants I've eaten sashimi and caprese salad and a white wine. Generally I look for things that taste nothing like a chocolate flavoured Optifast Meal Replacement shake.

You'll be able to get drinks and stuff out again. I don't know about Smoothie King though. I'd check the menus like others have suggested. If you have a Sonic, the unsweetened iced tea with SF Rasberry is AMAZING!

Smoothie King has a lot of high Protein options and Keto shakes. I never cared for their sugary fruit smoothies. I use to get their Low carb high Protein Shakes. But I wonder how people tolerate them after surgery.

I use to get their low carb vanilla Protein, cocoa powder, spinach, cold brew and non dairy milk. It was sooo good.

I haven't been to a Smoothie King since I had surgery because I assume their smoothies are loaded with calories - but then I've never actually checked. But I would definitely check that before going, if I were you. I make my own smoothies at home - then I can control the sugar and calories.

I just googled their nutrition page. Even at almost seven years out, most of these are too high in calories for me (a meal for me is 300-500 calories - a snack more like 100-200). A handful of these would work for me calorie-wise at this juncture - but probably not when I was early out. Plus the carbs are very high, if you're on a low-carb plan

https://www.smoothieking.com/menu/smoothies/nutrition/fitness-blends
I could def see how they might be too much liquid. I wasnt given macro goals except Protein in-between 60-80 grams a day.

I've never heard of this place (I assume it's American) but I'm a month post op. I enjoy eating hummus of different flavours, cottage cheese, guacamole, cheese, spinach/pesto dip that I make, yoghurt and in restaurants I've eaten sashimi and caprese salad and a white wine. Generally I look for things that taste nothing like a chocolate flavoured Optifast meal replacement shake.
It is American haha its like a smoothie and nutritional place. They also sell Protein powders, protein Water, Keto, high Protein Bars and Snacks.
They have some sugary, bad options but also some macro friendly shakes. I always wondered if they're still drinkable after wls.

Do they have nutritional information about their products online? That way you can compare them & work out the best option if they will fit in with your plan. If they’re high sugar or high carb give them a miss. If they sell Protein Water that would be your best & safest bet.

Beside the social aspect, are you looking for a drink for food or for Fluid? If it’s a fluid you’re looking for, & can’t have coffee because of the caffeine, can you have Decaf? I could have green or herbal tea. So if I was out & about I’d take a break & have a cup of tea. I didn’t eat out until I was on solid food but if you are looking for a drink for food try Soup or even just the broth in a pho or wonton soup which will give you some protein.

How bout I just went to smoothie King last weekend they have a menu that consist of smoothies that are sugarfree and full of Protein, plus they have all the carb, fat, and sugar infromation listed on the menu.

16 hours ago, fourmonthspreop said:

It is American haha its like a smoothie and nutritional place. They also sell Protein powders, Protein Water, Keto, high Protein Bars and Snacks.
They have some sugary, bad options but also some macro friendly shakes. I always wondered if they're still drinkable after wls.

They're drinkable. I wouldn't focus on them. Eat stuff without nutritional information and without labels, most of the time. One ingredient foods.

Those gladiator smoothies with 45g Protein for 220 calories with 4g carbs? Much better than almost all Protein Shakes people are pushing in here. Granted, I don't know the chain, but that kind of option would be great to have for me.

I've never been to a Smoothie King but my first question would be how much sugar and calories are in them? Do they have any Protein? Be careful drinking your calories.

41 minutes ago, GradyCat said:

I've never been to a smoothie King but my first question would be how much sugar and calories are in them? Do they have any Protein? Be careful drinking your calories.

And that question can fortunately be answered :) There's some real junk there, but also some very solid options: