Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery in Tx or Mexico?

Hi all..real quick intro..Im 22, banded in Feb, almost to goal weight. I want to have some PS done, so I can actually be a normal 22 year old...problem is, I am working on getting my teaching certificate so dont have alot of money.

I want implants and a Tummy Tuck and maybe an arm life..if you have had PS in Texas or Mexico could you relate some of your experiences to me? Thanks. My parents are dead set against Mexico, but if I have to come up with the money, then O well :)

Thanks so much

Hello My name is Linda and I am currently in Tijuana Mexico recovering from my surgery..I had extended Tummy Tuck, butt lift, breast lift and augmentation. I was so scared of coming here but truth I couldnt not afford to pay 30K which was what they were charging me in California....I opted to go with Dr Luis Suarez Plastic Surgery Tijuana, Mexico, Plastic Surgeon Tijuana whom was great and his staff is also great. They picked me up in Coronado and brought me to my hotel which is walking distance from their office. I got here Sunday and had my test and surgery done Monday morning....I felt no pain what so ever and thats what I was most afarid of..I was more scarred of the pain afterward..The Dr makes you feel so at home and at ease. They are all fluent in Spanish and English and I mean fluent not that broken down English where you are guessing what they are saying...My cost was $9,950 I have to see how much extra the butt part was since that was added after I was there :) The hotel stay at Hotel Lucerna Hoteles Lucerna were at $86 a night this if you tell them you have been recommend by Dr Luis Suarez..It is really nice here they have WI Fi which I love cause I dont know what I would do with out my PC. I head home tomorrow and still feel great. I am so happy with the results and my choice for my doctor...cant wait to come back and finish my tranformation.

post-214006-13813136037266_thumb.jpg

I am 26 and I am so happy I have lost weight, but I need TONS of body work done now to actually be normal. Can you update me on how the surgery turns out and how you feel later? I am very interested at getting it done, but I am low on funds also. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I will certainly try to keep you all up to date with my healing and the end result...I still have the drains in me..Once I get those off I will send more pics...the swelling still has not gone down I hear it takes about 3 months cant waite to see the end result

thank you all for the love and support I really appreciate it

Linda

I posted this on another thread.. I am very happy with having had my ps in Mexico.. This coming year I am going back to have a breast lift.

Tummy tuck and body liposculpture. $6500 in Reynosa, Mexico

Included all labs and was in a private hospital, had private nurse.

The body liposculpture was Lipo of hips, arms, lower back, waist, inner and outer thighs, bottom of buttocks, fat between breasts and arms, here there and everywhere. Fat redeposited on bottom to make it look rounder.

I had a great experience and because the hospital is about 10 min away from the U.S. border, I figured if I was in any type of trouble or distress after the surgery my family could get me to a U.S. hospital quick.

You would however be amazed to know that the private hospitals in Mexico are outstanding. I had a private nurse and the dr was in the same block as the hospital, so he was in about 3-4 times per day to check on me. I was well taken care of. When the attending dr changed my bandages for the first time, I freaked out when I saw how large my scar was and almost passed out and started crying (I know, I know). He sat with me for about 2 hrs and calmed me down and made sure I was okay. Now, how many dr's do you know that do that? probably very few. It was a wonderful experience, don't deny yourself the possibility of getting your make over in another country. The doctors are very qualified. Just MHO.

Okay, I went back and did a search and this is the first post I made after my surgery.

icon11.gifI'm back, had my plastic surgeries...

Hello, everyone, just wanted to update everyone on my tt and Lipo. Well, I got back last night and I'm really exhausted. The whole thing was really hard, it is quite uncomfortable. The tt itself didn't hurt and doesn't hurt, its all really numb. The all over lipo is what I'm sore from and was even more just out of surgery. I went into the surgical room at 10:30 am to get drawn on and prepped and at about noon I went into surgery. It was a really long surgery, I didn't get out until about 7 or 8 pm. The doctor says that the body liposculpting is time consuming as he has to hit all the fat deposits on the body. I mean everywhere. Arms, upper and lower back, the side of my breast, the fatty spot between your breast and armpit, waist, thighs (inner & outer), butt, just everywhere. I am still swollen from all the lipo. Then he did my tt and injected some fat into my butt to give it a rounder look, I can't see any difference there, yet, my lower back is too swollen. It was hard for me, there were nights I layed there and thought what the hell did I do to my body??? Am I crazy, how can anyone cause so much pain to themselves???? You wonder? I can't tell you how many times I promised God to let me get through this and I will never do this again... I stayed in the hospital 2 1/2 days and that was really good, the hospital is a private hospital and I was so well taken care of, the nurses don't speak Eng., but since I speak Spanish there were no communication issues. They were there for my every request and question. Let me tell you I'm not an easy patient to take care of, I think I wore out the nurse call button, I'm sure they were glad to see me go. The doctor and his staff were incredible, just wonderful, answered all my questions and concerns before and after surgery. He would come see me 2 or 3 times a day, which was wonderful. The first time they took my full body girdle at the hospital to clean my incision, I looked at my scar and belly button and got really anxious and nervous and almost passed out, I started crying and got really uspet with the whole thing. That was when reality hit me what I had done and how major this was, so it was quite disturbing at the time, The nurse ran to get the oncall Dr and he stayed with me until I calmed down and didn't feel like I was going to pass out. I have to say that if you are planning on doing this, make sure you will have someone with you 24/7 to help you, you will not be able to do this alone. It is not easy. But it will be worth it once its all done. I am still in between, I don't know if this was the right thing to do and I'm sure it will be the right thing to do. Its just hard. The whole time I was in pain, all I could think of, I could have taken a two week vacation in Hawaii with my husband with all the money I spent and I could be having fun enjoying myself, instead of being in pain. My mom and stepdad where wonderful, they took awesome care of me and my kids, my oldest daughter also helped me out alot, she's great. I was nervous about my little one not understanding and wanting to jump on me or what not, but he was great, he was told mommy had boo boo's and he would try to stay away from me. Well, that was my ordeal, Its two weeks today, so I'm still not out of this, it will take a while, but it looks like I'm going to be okay. Oh, I forgot to tell you all, the shunt for drainage is a pain in the ass, I hated that thing so much, I just had it out on Friday morning, I was draining more than the usual and the Dr. had to leave it in longer, oh my what a pain in the butt, that was the worse thing about this. Well, I'm glad to be back, I have tons of work to do. The best thing is to be back home and to see my husband, I sure missed him, it would have been easier to have him on my side during the recovery. Well, got lots to do and will have to come back and read up on what everyone has been doing these past two weeks.

Thank you to everyone's prayers.

I took a full week off...then now I am working from the confort of my own home..Truth I am about a week and half out and already driving my self around running errands..the pain is a lot less than it was before but I can manage...I wouldnt consider going back to work till maybe a full 3 weeks later :) I feel great still very swollen but its great here are more pics

The first one shows me before having the PS and before having lapband done both costume parties im not a silly gurl okay okay fine I am LOL the sepia picture is of me Exactly a Week After my PS Surgery...I am really starting to see the difference and the swelling is going down more each day. :)

post-214006-13813136092895_thumb.jpg

post-214006-13813136093074_thumb.jpg

Hey you sound alot like me. I had my lapband 2 years ago and love it. I've had my ups and downs with it. You HAVE to work it for it to work. But it was so worth it. I reached goal weight months ago but found that I tend to maintain about 10 lbs higher than my original goal. I am 160. In a week I am going to have Breast Augmentation and I am so excited. I told myself that if I stayed somewhat stable for two years then I would reward myself with that. I reached goal, confidence went up and I am now in a relationship. The funny thing is, he likes me just how I am and doesn't understand why I want Breast Aug. but is still supportive.

Now for your question. I went to Dr. Jayaseelan in Dallas, TX. I was beyond impressed with him and his staff. A year after my band I had to get my gallbladder out and he did that for me also. I would recommend him to ANYONE. In addition he has been in D Magazine's top Dallas Doctors. That may make your family feel a bit better.

If you want to talk or have questions you can message me on yahoo or aim at firecallie0782. Good luck!

Hey you sound alot like me. I had my lapband 2 years ago and love it. I've had my ups and downs with it. You HAVE to work it for it to work. But it was so worth it. I reached goal weight months ago but found that I tend to maintain about 10 lbs higher than my original goal. I am 160. In a week I am going to have Breast Augmentation and I am so excited. I told myself that if I stayed somewhat stable for two years then I would reward myself with that. I reached goal, confidence went up and I am now in a relationship. The funny thing is, he likes me just how I am and doesn't understand why I want Breast Aug. but is still supportive.

Now for your question. I went to Dr. Jayaseelan in Dallas, TX. I was beyond impressed with him and his staff. A year after my band I had to get my gallbladder out and he did that for me also. I would recommend him to ANYONE. In addition he has been in D Magazine's top Dallas Doctors. That may make your family feel a bit better.

If you want to talk or have questions you can message me on yahoo or aim at firecallie0782. Good luck!

Hey firecallie,

I am a Dr. Jay patient also. He does my fills. I really like him and his staff. Nice you are doing so well!!

May I ask Mari posa ,well first I am so glad you are okay ! You are a brave one...I would like to know what are the contact details for the surgeon in Mexico that did your LipoSculpture.

Hey there Mariposa...I still have a ways to go with my WL. but I am researching PS so I can start saving $$$ again. I had my lapband in Monterrey (self pay). I live in South Padre so I am really close to Mexico...Are you close to the border? and how many PS did you research before choosing your doc? Was he recommended by someone? Just wondering.

Hope you're looking and feeling Great!

Thanks

Chris

i just had an arm lift and my upper/lower eyes done in Tijuana. price was very good. my eyes are sore but looking very good. my arms dont hurt at all and have very thin line of stitches. i dont think my scar will be a big deal. im surprised my arms dont hurt. i thought they would be the worst. if you want the info on my doctor i can give it to you. it was a great experience. i was nervous and now im relieved. catzintj