Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you treating yourself with?

I would love to hear about ways you have treated yourself after surgery, or things that you are planning to treat yourself to.

Let’s Celebrate all the happy things we’re experiencing and the fact that we’re showing up for ourselves! 💕

New clothes 😆 and hopefully my dream trip to see the Northern lights, cause now I can fit into thermals 😁 but that will have to wait till the end of travel restrictions

I treated myself with trips/vacations. Able to fit in a standard airplane seat. Able to walk around excursions and hiking. Able to fit in a swimsuit. It was a win/win.

I have not treated myself with anything in particular, because I never held back from doing what I wanted before. I actually did a month of buying nothing but food in January, and that was great. I realized I had enough clothes from the last time I had lost weight plus some things I had bought in the last few months, so I didn't buy clothes. Unfortunately, this month I've gone back to buying things, although the only clothes I bought were swimsuits (my old one was way too big and I'm going on two trips where I will need them) and some things from a thrift store.

I already travel whenever I want; even when I was at my heaviest and needed a seatbelt extender I still traveled for work and pleasure.

I haven't figured out what would be a good "treat". I would like it to be something that doesn't end up in a landfill, something more like services. I like getting massages, but I never seem to plan far enough in advance. I'm actually getting one this week when I go to LA for work, because I have a friend there who is a massage therapist.

Actually, I just reached a milestone of 100 lbs lost, so I'd like to figure out some way to Celebrate that...

Edited by lizonaplane

A brand new snowboard and all the gear, and two snowboarding trips to Europe because for the first time in 15 years I'm small enough to do it.

Everything I did during/after losing weight was a direct result of having lost 1/4 ton. Clothes, more activities, whatever.

I never had the thought of rewarding myself for having reached a milestone other than acknowledging the milestone.

Having options is reward aplenty.

Good luck,

Tek

I haven't done anything yet, and in fact am still wearing my old clothes, which s getting a bit ridiculous now.

You have inspired me - firstly I will rummage out my smaller clothing from the loft (very dusty I suspect!!) and if there's nothing suitable there, buy at least one pair of jeans and one top I can wear outside the house without embarrassment.

I have a short vacation in a few weeks that I would have done anyway, but I cannot WAIT to see how much spare there is in the seat belt on the plane. Woop!

Yeah mostly clothes for me. The sizes I wear now still kind of get to me a bit (in a disbelief kind of way).

i do plan to take a trip to a spa here soon though. Within the next few months….. hopefully. We have been trying for a long time to go but it never seems to work out and with my husbands job he “can’t promise anything” when I try to get him to watch the kids because they don’t do their schedules that far in advance and they really frown on asking for days off or taking sick time 😬

11 hours ago, Orinskye said:

Yeah mostly clothes for me. The sizes I wear now still kind of get to me a bit (in a disbelief kind of way).

i do plan to take a trip to a spa here soon though. Within the next few months….. hopefully. We have been trying for a long time to go but it never seems to work out and with my husbands job he “can’t promise anything” when I try to get him to watch the kids because they don’t do their schedules that far in advance and they really frown on asking for days off or taking sick time 😬

Isn't it crazy when your sizes get so much smaller and you hold up a pair of pants and you're like "how could these pants possibly fit me?!?" And then they do.

Sorry you're having a hard time getting to a spa. Maybe you could have a friend or family member watch the kids?

On 2/14/2022 at 9:26 AM, lizonaplane said:

I have not treated myself with anything in particular, because I never held back from doing what I wanted before. I actually did a month of buying nothing but food in January, and that was great. I realized I had enough clothes from the last time I had lost weight plus some things I had bought in the last few months, so I didn't buy clothes. Unfortunately, this month I've gone back to buying things, although the only clothes I bought were swimsuits (my old one was way too big and I'm going on two trips where I will need them) and some things from a thrift store.

I already travel whenever I want; even when I was at my heaviest and needed a seatbelt extender I still traveled for work and pleasure.

I haven't figured out what would be a good "treat". I would like it to be something that doesn't end up in a landfill, something more like services. I like getting massages, but I never seem to plan far enough in advance. I'm actually getting one this week when I go to LA for work, because I have a friend there who is a massage therapist.

Actually, I just reached a milestone of 100 lbs lost, so I'd like to figure out some way to Celebrate that...

Maybe when you go to LA you could find a zipline to do to Celebrate you 100 lb loss.

4 hours ago, Flab-U-Less Forever said:

Maybe when you go to LA you could find a zipline to do to Celebrate you 100 lb loss.

LOL. No way! I'm totally afraid of heights. There is no way I would do that.

Clothes are my favorite! I am looking forward to the summer when I will finally buy a new swimsuit for the first time in over a decade. And going to the swimming pool without feeling so self-conscious.

14 hours ago, lizonaplane said:

Isn't it crazy when your sizes get so much smaller and you hold up a pair of pants and you're like "how could these pants possibly fit me?!?" And then they do.

Sorry you're having a hard time getting to a spa. Maybe you could have a friend or family member watch the kids?

Unfortunately their dad is the only one who should be watching them since any friends and family would be going with me to the spa 😂. I will get there eventually.

The clothes thing is kind of crazy. I just pulled on a size 10 day for the first time ever (down from a size 28). They were a tad tight but the 12s I have are too loose. The tens fit 🤷🏼‍♀️ My mom was a bit concerned that I need to watch myself that I’m not loosing “too much weight”.
i have my one year appointment next month and I cant wait to tell my surgeon how much I weigh. I feel so much better now and it is amazing how clothes fit so differently (in a better/more comfortable way).

I'm looking forward to treating myself to a dude ranch vacation once I get down to a horse-friendly weight.