Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 minutes ago, liveaboard15 said:

Interesting. So i have had strong chest pains since March of last year. Had Echocardiogram, stress test, EKG, MRI of the chest. Nothing major out of that other than unrelated stuff they chocked it up to GERD. But i dont feel any burning and no issues with whatever i eat.

There's also silent reflux that causes little or no symptoms. I'm not sure if it occurs in WLS patients tho.

I would say if there's a possibility that you do have gerd, you should get a hard confirmation before you do have weight loss surgery, as it may have an impact on your sleeve surgery in the future.

You can tell acid reflux from heartburn because you can "taste" the acid coming back up in your esophagus or throat. I get it very rarely if I eat a very specific chocolate Protein Bar but otherwise having the sleeve cured me of my GERD and Acid Reflux.

I have suffered from GERD for years, some times bad some times terrible, I have also been in ER many times thinking I have a heart attack because of chest pains. I love spicy food and sometimes I had to choose between eating and sleeping.

After the bypass, it has been gone, but it may be because I am only in the liquids phase.

I had another issue, pain in my legs, like chronic, I have not lost that much of weight, I think what I have lost is mostly Water but those pains are gone, I was worried I was not going to be able to take Ibuprofen ( which I know contributed to my GERD) but I am surprised I have not need any during the last 2 weeks.

I am having problems to eat slowly, to recognize when I am full and stop before over eating, That hurts and makes me feel sick but each meal is a chance for a new test. I can't get out of my mind to eat all that is in the plate. ( Mommy did a good job on me ) I have some pain still in 2 of the incisions but it gets better. It is a good exchange for GERD and legs and back pain.

I had a mysterious chest pain like that, and it felt worse when I was stressed. I went for that x-ray thing where you drink chalky barium drink and stand on a machine while you drink. Then the machine turns you vertically then upside down and they keep asking you to drink. There was a giant hiatal hernia!

It was fixed during my bypass surgery. My quality of life is so much better now. I hope you find something fixable too!