Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2022 Surgery Buddies

I'm hearing a lot of people are having nausea with the bariatric Vitamins. I wanted to share the BEST news. My surgeon recommended patch vitamins. He said the Patch Aid Multivitamin for bariatric patients is all I need. I have been using them for a week and I feel great. No nausea at all! I wear one patch a day for about 8 hours and I have not experienced any side effects. The Patches are less expensive than the chewable ones and a lot less of a hassle! The website is PatchAid.com. Give them I a try!

I had a Gastric Sleeve on 4/28 and I am struggling. Very sore due to cough and weak. I am desperately trying to stick to the plan and get all my meds in. Hope it gets better soon!

It will. Hang in there. Mine was on the 26th.

53 minutes ago, RKnight said:

I had a Gastric Sleeve on 4/28 and I am struggling. Very sore due to cough and weak. I am desperately trying to stick to the plan and get all my meds in. Hope it gets better soon!

Have you moved up to full liquids yet? I was very weak on the clear liquid diet from a lack of calories.

51 minutes ago, RKnight said:

It will get better! I had my gastric sleeve on 4/27. Each day I see marked improvement. Everyone is different it seems. I have seen some people go back to work after five days. There is no way I would be ready for that now. Take it easy and listen to your body. Also, Water is key! :)

1 hour ago, Sleeving It Reel said:

It will get better! I had my gastric sleeve on 4/27. Each day I see marked improvement. Everyone is different it seems. I have seen some people go back to work after five days. There is no way I would be ready for that now. Take it easy and listen to your body. Also, Water is key! :)

Thank you for the encouragement. Are you doing well?

Hello I am new her . I was sleeved April 25th. I am on a clear liquid diet for 2 weeks.

would like to know , how much weight did u lose in this stage ! And in stage 2 what is your purée stage like ? food suggestion

thank you 🙏🏼

1 hour ago, RKnight said:

Thank you for the encouragement. Are you doing well?

Of course. That’s what I love about this site. We are all here to encourage each other. While our experiences may be a little different, we are all working towards the same goal. 😊Yes, I feel like I am doing really well. I’ve been on the purée diet for a few days and it has really helped me feel stronger. But I can tell you that I still need extra naps during the day.

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but is anyone else experiencing bloating after surgery. I mean, I'm nearly a month out and every morning I wake up bloated; it will dissipate after exercise and come back right before bed 😞 It is driving me crazy! Is this normal? What can I do!!!

I did NOT experience this with the sleeve. 😩

41 minutes ago, newsam1154 said:

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but is anyone else experiencing bloating after surgery. I mean, I'm nearly a month out and every morning I wake up bloated; it will dissipate after exercise and come back right before bed 😞 It is driving me crazy! Is this normal? What can I do!!!

I did NOT experience this with the sleeve. 😩

Out of curiosity, are you consuming a lot of sugar free items? I find that for some reason when I do I cannot get rid of bloat.

2 hours ago, Goldengirl321 said:

Out of curiosity, are you consuming a lot of sugar free items? I find that for some reason when I do I cannot get rid of bloat.

BINGO! That really could be the culprit. I would look at diet. Try to keep as close to nature as possible. Not a lot of artificial sweeteners. Also if you are eating eggs, Beans, broccoli they can cause gas. IF you find after a day or two nothing has changed then I would suspect that you are now having a dairy or whey intolerance. Things change with the RNY! You might need to go to a almond or other dairy alternative, And go to a plant based Protein Powder. Read labels to be sure No Whey if that’s the case.

3 hours ago, Goldengirl321 said:

Ooh, I didn't think of that. I do enjoy a sugar free pudding at night but not every day. I will start watching what exactly I'm eating. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Tina 2.0 said:

BINGO! That really could be the culprit. I would look at diet. Try to keep as close to nature as possible. Not a lot of artificial sweeteners. Also if you are eating eggs, Beans, broccoli they can cause gas. IF you find after a day or two nothing has changed then I would suspect that you are now having a dairy or whey intolerance. Things change with the RNY! You might need to go to a almond or other dairy alternative, And go to a plant based Protein Powder. Read labels to be sure No whey if that’s the case.

I never even thought about that, my current Protein is Fairlife so, it could be a good possibility! I've never tried the almond/dairy alternative. Thank you for your insight!

Hello Everyone,

I had my VSG on the 22nd of April. I am in stage 3 of the diet. I am 23 days post op. I didn't have a pre-op diet. I am not able to eat much. No where near what I was told to eat. With the 30/30, the protien shakes and Water requiments I am struggling to eat. Anyone else experiencing this? How are you getting through it?