Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2022 Surgery Buddies

4 minutes ago, FutureMILF said:

I have been following this forum for months and just found out TODAY that I am having VSG this Monday April 25th in 4 days!! 🙌🏻😱😍So many emotions and not much time to freak out about it. Think that was divine intervention. 🙏🏻 So would love to join the April Buddies if ok??

Yay! Congratulations!! So happy for you, you are going to rock it! Post any questions you have or anything you need, everyone is really helpful!

On 04/21/2022 at 13:35, FutureMILF said:

I have been following this forum for months and just found out TODAY that I am having VSG this Monday April 25th in 4 days!! 🙌🏻😱😍So many emotions and not much time to freak out about it. Think that was divine intervention. 🙏🏻 So would love to join the April Buddies if ok??

I’m so excited for you! You will do great! I’m looking forward to getting updates! ❤️

41 minutes ago, Cara_luvnlite said:

Yay! Congratulations!! So happy for you, you are going to rock it! Post any questions you have or anything you need, everyone is really helpful!

Thank you!! You all have answered so many of my questions already. Was wondering: what people bring to the hospital? Were u able to sleep post-op that first night while in hospital or should I have my husband stay with me? Have 3 teenage kids who could stay alone if needed. Thanks!!

31 minutes ago, mlortega said:

I’m so excited for you! You will do great! I’m looking forward to getting updates! ❤️

Thank you! I have kept up with all of April Buddies posts but never thought I would be an April girl too. ☺️

You should take the basics, toothpaste toothbrush, hair brush, a book if u like and a charger. I Took my favorite neck pillow. Expect to nap between lab draws, nurses checking on you, and walking. It is hard to get a solid 6-8 but it won’t matter a week from then. Hope your surgery and recovery go very smoothly! I had surgery RNY on 4-5. I am back to All normal activities, bored, not working yet!! So happy with everything so far. I am still in 2 tbs purée 3x/day but I’m fine with that.Never Looking back!

1 hour ago, FutureMILF said:

Thank you!! You all have answered so many of my questions already. Was wondering: what people bring to the hospital? Were u able to sleep post-op that first night while in hospital or should I have my husband stay with me? Have 3 teenage kids who could stay alone if needed. Thanks!!

I did mine in Mexico so my answer may differ a bit. I thought I was going to be bummed that my hubs wasn't there but I wasn't at all, I was just so tired and slept a lot.

Tooth brush/paste

Moisturizer

Face wash

Phone charger

Book or kindle

Hairbrush

Extra compression socks

1 minute ago, Taree said:

Had my surgery April 14th!

Me too!!!!! How are you doing? I had my first yogurt today!

On 04/21/2022 at 17:16, Cara_luvnlite said:

Me too!!!!! How are you doing? I had my first yogurt today!

I’m envious! My program I stay on liquids for three weeks until I get the okay from my nutrition counselor are you okayed for puréed now? Or just trying out some soft stuff!

1 minute ago, mlortega said:

I’m envious! My program I stay on liquids for three weeks until I get the okay from my nutrition counselor are you okayed for puréed now? Or just trying out some soft stuff!

I'm on stage 2 of liquids which allowed me to add in Protein Shakes, v8 and yogurt. I'm on that until the 2 week mark.

On 04/21/2022 at 17:28, Cara_luvnlite said:

I'm on stage 2 of liquids which allowed me to add in Protein Shakes, v8 and yogurt. I'm on that until the 2 week mark.

Interesting, I just had to go look at my paperwork again to see if I had a stage 1 and I skipped it lol, I was actually told by my nutritionist to have sips of Protein Drinks in the hospital and I couldn’t keep it down which I’m not surprised now knowing that some of have Protein drinks in stage 2 mine was very a lax transition where it was when you can have protein drinks drink them and if you can handle Soups drink them with no timeline until the puréed stage which I’m so hyped for! Glad your having yogurt!

6 minutes ago, mlortega said:

Interesting, I just had to go look at my paperwork again to see if I had a stage 1 and I skipped it lol, I was actually told by my nutritionist to have sips of Protein Drinks in the hospital and I couldn’t keep it down which I’m not surprised now knowing that some of have Protein drinks in stage 2 mine was very a lax transition where it was when you can have Protein drinks drink them and if you can handle Soups drink them with no timeline until the puréed stage which I’m so hyped for! Glad your having yogurt!

It's so weird how different everyone's plans are. It would be nice if the medicalnl community would all get together on one plan. I was a different surgeons plan today and it allows Beans, cottage cheese and cream of wheat on day 7!!! How are you feeling overall? I'm still having pain above my belly button area.

On 04/21/2022 at 17:44, Cara_luvnlite said:

It's so weird how different everyone's plans are. It would be nice if the medicalnl community would all get together on one plan. I was a different surgeons plan today and it allows Beans, cottage cheese and cream of wheat on day 7!!! How are you feeling overall? I'm still having pain above my belly button area.

My pain is on the upper right side incision I don’t know if you had the sleeve or not but I have 5 lil incisions kinda all in random spots the upper right where they went through the most stomach muscle is pretty sore but not sore enough that I can lay on my stomach and side if adjust carefully I recommend a pregnancy pillow they are fabulous after weight loss surgery. My liquids and Protein intake has upped substantially so I’m really happy about that and I’m losing a bout 1-2 pounds a day so far so I’m pretty pleased my energy is up to I had a busy day today of errands and walking and I’m still pretty good. Wbu??

3 minutes ago, mlortega said:

My pain is on the upper right side incision I don’t know if you had the sleeve or not but I have 5 lil incisions kinda all in random spots the upper right where they went through the most stomach muscle is pretty sore but not sore enough that I can lay on my stomach and side if adjust carefully I recommend a pregnancy pillow they are fabulous after weight loss surgery. My liquids and Protein intake has upped substantially so I’m really happy about that and I’m losing a bout 1-2 pounds a day so far so I’m pretty pleased my energy is up to I had a busy day today of errands and walking and I’m still pretty good. Wbu??

I had the mini bypass because of my acid reflux, I have 4 incisions. That's great, you are kicking butt!! I need to do better with my Water. My energy is getting better too and I'm so thankful for that. I havent weighed myself yet, to nervous... just don't want to get discouraged. I had a solid 4 days of literal mourning my food addiction and second guessing and had been an emotional disaster so the last few days have been a blessing that I'm feeling better.