Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2022 Surgery Buddies

18 minutes ago, MonthOfMays said:

I am late coming into this. Insurance approval and scheduling happened very quickly. I am scheduled for RYGB on April 27th. My doctor requires a full liquid diet for two week prior to surgery, so I am right in the middle of that. I'm excited and nervous. My primary fears are the post surgical nausea and delay in return to work.

We're surgery twins! also due for a RYGB + hiatal hernia repair 27th of April do keep me posted post-op as I'd like to hear from you on how you go, hope I can return to work in 2-3 weeks.

Edited by Merill

Welcome and best of luck!! If you have had surgery in the past and struggled with nausea let the anesthesia doc know. They will medicate you a lil differently. Thankfully the RNY folks seem to have less of a problem with nausea than the sleeve patients. I am prone to nausea so the doc put an anti nausea patch on behind my ear before surgery, worked like a charm!! I am two weeks out now. I just advanced to a purée from Clear Liquids. I am walking everyday, zero pain, zero nausea, good energy level even with nutritional deficits. My only issue was Constipation. I will now be adding Miralax to a drink daily as needed.

Be Well!!

22 minutes ago, Tina 2.0 said:

Welcome and best of luck!! If you have had surgery in the past and struggled with nausea let the anesthesia doc know. They will medicate you a lil differently. Thankfully the RNY folks seem to have less of a problem with nausea than the sleeve patients. I am prone to nausea so the doc put an anti nausea patch on behind my ear before surgery, worked like a charm!! I am two weeks out now. I just advanced to a purée from Clear Liquids. I am walking everyday, zero pain, zero nausea, good energy level even with nutritional deficits. My only issue was constipation. I will now be adding Miralax to a drink daily as needed.

Be Well!!

Thank you for sharing that. Great, useful information from you as always. I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well!

On 04/20/2022 at 14:25, hottdiva27 said:

Hello, had my VSG surgery on the 13th. Working on post op liquid diet now. Already down 14lbs since surgery. Hope everyone is doing well. Here’s to our futures.

WOW! Great job! 🤗

On 4/19/2022 at 1:06 PM, Charlie1810 said:

Oh I’m so sorry to hear that. The same thing happened to me too, but if anything by the time my surgery came around I was more determined and in a ‘let’s get this over with’ frame of mind.

I know you are upset, but rest assured, when the time comes, you'll be ready.

15 minutes ago, Debsgr said:

My first post. My mini gastric bypass is scheduled for April 26. I’ve started my liquid diet + 250 cal of veggies per day. I should be doing a better job of counting calories. Feeling nervous 😬

Congrats!!! That's awesome that you can also have veggies!! Enjoy them, even if they aren't your favorite just trust me it's a treat from all liquid. You got this!

21 minutes ago, Debsgr said:

My first post. My mini gastric bypass is scheduled for April 26. I’ve started my liquid diet + 250 cal of veggies per day. I should be doing a better job of counting calories. Feeling nervous 😬

Mmm! Veggies! I was clear leading up to my RNY, then 2 weeks of clear afterwards. That was hard!!! But today is my second day of 2tbs of purée. I am supposed to be doing a Protein of choice, cottage cheese, refried Beans, hummus, tuna. Veggies are down the road for me. I feel amazing, happy, excited, no regrets! I was in the hospital overnight, after coming home all I needed for pain management was 3 doses of Tylenol. Surgery was on a Tue, I was out driving Sat for a pedicure and some light shopping.

As soon as you are awake and comfortable, get out of bed!!! Go to the sink, brush teeth, wash face, and feel your belly to be sure they washed off all the surgical soap. I had really bad burns from the soap under my breasts and on the side. Then get walking. The walking helps in so many different ways, most important pain control from the gas they use in surgery.

Best of Luck!

Tina

Day 6 y’all and oof i feel like the wind has left my sails, I’m very crabby today my incisions are scabbed over but are extremely itchy and irritating and you know what I picked a little bit and then was upset when they all started bleeding. Nothing is satisfying today and all I want is solid food I’m trying to stay positive and hoping for a better day tomorrow hope you all are doing well and keeping positive ❤️

59 minutes ago, mlortega said:

Day 6 y’all and oof i feel like the wind has left my sails, I’m very crabby today my incisions are scabbed over but are extremely itchy and irritating and you know what I picked a little bit and then was upset when they all started bleeding. Nothing is satisfying today and all I want is solid food I’m trying to stay positive and hoping for a better day tomorrow hope you all are doing well and keeping positive ❤️

The past few days were real rough for me but today was a bit of a turn around in mood thankfully. I am sending you lots of love and positivity for tomorrow to be better

1 hour ago, mlortega said:

Just hang on tight, this day will pass. I was crazy for solid food and got a lil hangry….. try and stay hydrated, find something to do. Boredom is not our friend. We are Re training our brains and our bodies in this excercise. Stay disciplined and know it was worth every bit of effort to get here. You are truly training for the Olympics of better health. Go for Gold!

I have been following this forum for months and just found out TODAY that I am having VSG this Monday April 25th in 4 days!! 🙌🏻😱😍So many emotions and not much time to freak out about it. Think that was divine intervention. 🙏🏻 So would love to join the April Buddies if ok??