Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2022 Surgery Buddies

2 hours ago, beginanew said:

I understand your disappointment. Remember, everything happens for a reason. Keep the Faith.

I was going to say the exact same thing, I agree with beginanew everything really does happen for a reason! atleast this will give you some more time to catch up on the last minute things that you wanted to do before surgery, that's what I would have done. Think of the glass half full and stay positive😊💪🙏

Ohhhhh my gooodnesss you guys! It’s day 5 and I’m gonna be real the whole not having solid food thing sucks my defenses are weakening! And I did a bad no no thing I had two sips of a sonic chocolate shake and was so so nauseated please don’t try it mistakes were made! I felt defeated and kinda disappointed that I went to the dark side like that. But then my friends I discovered something so so yum I can’t even begin! I was making some chicken tacos for the family I used chicken broth 3 large chicken breasts, taco seasoning, two cans of Rotel, I popped it all in the instant pot! Once done I scooped myself some of that delicious broth with a tiny dallop of sour cream and oh man it was so delicious little bit of spice little bit of tang from the sour cream it was awesome! I’m down 18 pounds already including the 2 day liquid diet before surgery and this was a win I really needed for a sour day! I hope you guys are all doing well and if you are struggling like me try this! I promise you will love it! Much love ❤️

4 minutes ago, mlortega said:

Ohhhhh my gooodnesss you guys! It’s day 5 and I’m gonna be real the whole not having solid food thing sucks my defenses are weakening! And I did a bad no no thing I had two sips of a sonic chocolate shake and was so so nauseated please don’t try it mistakes were made! I felt defeated and kinda disappointed that I went to the dark side like that. But then my friends I discovered something so so yum I can’t even begin! I was making some chicken tacos for the family I used chicken broth 3 large chicken breasts, taco seasoning, two cans of Rotel, I popped it all in the instant pot! Once done I scooped myself some of that delicious broth with a tiny dallop of sour cream and oh man it was so delicious little bit of spice little bit of tang from the sour cream it was awesome! I’m down 18 pounds already including the 2 day liquid diet before surgery and this was a win I really needed for a sour day! I hope you guys are all doing well and if you are struggling like me try this! I promise you will love it! Much love ❤️

I completely understand, I'm day 5 post op and have been struggling with the mental aspects of food sooooo bad. It's been pretty defeating. I'm really glad your ok. Hey, some times we have to learn the hard way. That does sound delish! Thanks for the recommendation

On 04/19/2022 at 18:25, Cara_luvnlite said:

I completely understand, I'm day 5 post op and have been struggling with the mental aspects of food sooooo bad. It's been pretty defeating. I'm really glad your ok. Hey, some times we have to learn the hard way. That does sound delish! Thanks for the recommendation

We are strong we can do it! Mind over matter! I hope you are doing well keep the positivity up my friend! We are in this together.

Had RYGB on 4/12. The pain in my left side is getting better but WOW! I didn’t expect this to hurt this bad. I’m on full liquids for the next 9 days. I’m doing better each day. Not ever really hungry due to the pain I’m guessing. Just feel like sleeping and when I get a burst of energy I do something moving. How is everyone else doing post-op?

16 minutes ago, Staceyj76 said:

Had RYGB on 4/12. The pain in my left side is getting better but WOW! I didn’t expect this to hurt this bad. I’m on full liquids for the next 9 days. I’m doing better each day. Not ever really hungry due to the pain I’m guessing. Just feel like sleeping and when I get a burst of energy I do something moving. How is everyone else doing post-op?

I had a mini bypass 4/14 and accused my surgeon of stabbing me under my left rib several times lol. I've been taking my pain meds consistently!!! My worst area now is above the navel. The hardest part for me has been the mental aspect of not being able to eat. Just going through a lot of emotions and anger about it which is really unfortunate because I have been so ready, excited, prepared for this... but, here I am anyway.

Had my 2 week post-op appointment today and since the liquid diet and revision surgery, I’m down 30 pounds. Honestly, couldn’t believe it! Best part of the appointment was the approval to move on to soft foods though! Haha! Hope everyone is still kicking major butt! Good luck to all the upcoming surgery dates! Can’t wait for you to join us on the “loser’s bench”!

2 minutes ago, Nicole T said:

Had my 2 week post-op appointment today and since the liquid diet and revision surgery, I’m done 30 pounds. Honestly, couldn’t believe it! Best part of the appointment was the approval to move on to soft foods though! Haha! Hope everyone is still kicking major butt! Good luck to all the upcoming surgery dates! Can’t wait for you to join us on the “loser’s bench”!

Awesome!!!! Congratulations!!

On 04/19/2022 at 23:04, Cara_luvnlite said:

Awesome!!!! Congratulations!!

Thank you so much! 💜

On 04/19/2022 at 22:36, Staceyj76 said:

ALL:
Lots of posts to read today…sending encouragement, healing wishes and motivation to everyone wherever you are in this journey.
I’m going to be a June surgery I think. My packet goes to the insurance company this Friday and there are not any days off from school except for memorial day weekend until June 13…last day of school for kids is June 10. My fingers are crossed for June 13-ish.
I am eagerly reading everyone’s input on the liquid phase pre-surgery (I think mine is 2 weeks long), your immediate post-op comments, and everything else. Your experience and perspective is extremely helpful. I’m particularly interested in comments regarding recovery from hernia repair/ RNYgb.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

ALL:
Lots of posts to read today…sending encouragement, healing wishes and motivation to everyone wherever you are in this journey.
I’m going to be a June surgery I think. My packet goes to the insurance company this Friday and there are not any days off from school except for memorial day weekend until June 13…last day of school for kids is June 10. My fingers are crossed for June 13-ish.
I am eagerly reading everyone’s input on the liquid phase pre-surgery (I think mine is 2 weeks long), your immediate post-op comments, and everything else. Your experience and perspective is extremely helpful. I’m particularly interested in comments regarding recovery from hernia repair/ RNYgb.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks in advance.

Hi all- I’m about 10 hours post op from the sleeve. Experiencing quiet a bit of gas pains, have been walking the hospital halls every 2 hours. Other than that I feel good just very thirsty. I will be allowed Water and gas-x tomorrow after my swallow test and then I’ll be released home to take a nice long shower and nap. Continued well wishes to you all!

1 hour ago, Goldengirl321 said:

Hi all- I’m about 10 hours post op from the sleeve. Experiencing quiet a bit of gas pains, have been walking the hospital halls every 2 hours. Other than that I feel good just very thirsty. I will be allowed Water and gas-x tomorrow after my swallow test and then I’ll be released home to take a nice long shower and nap. Continued well wishes to you all!

You rock. You did it. You got to the other side. :) Hooray. Goof luck to you on this journey. It is done..... well the first part. You should be so proud of yourself. Keep walking even if it is a soft shoe shuffle.

15 minutes ago, Possum220 said:

You rock. You did it. You got to the other side. :) Hooray. Goof luck to you on this journey. It is done..... well the first part. You should be so proud of yourself. Keep walking even if it is a soft shoe shuffle.

Thanks so much for the encouragement!

I am late coming into this. Insurance approval and scheduling happened very quickly. I am scheduled for RYGB on April 27th. My doctor requires a full liquid diet for two week prior to surgery, so I am right in the middle of that. I'm excited and nervous. My primary fears are the post surgical nausea and delay in return to work.

4 minutes ago, MonthOfMays said:

I am late coming into this. Insurance approval and scheduling happened very quickly. I am scheduled for RYGB on April 27th. My doctor requires a full liquid diet for two week prior to surgery, so I am right in the middle of that. I'm excited and nervous. My primary fears are the post surgical nausea and delay in return to work.

Welcome and congrats on the surgery date. My concerns are the same as yours: nausea and possible delay regarding work. Everything I've read supports remaining hydrated to ward off nausea. As far as work, i'm going to wait till the last day of school, 6/10, and ask for a surgery date around that time. My insurance packet will be complete and ready to submit tomorrow. My practice also does a 2 week full liquid diet prior to surgery.

Good luck and welcome!