Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2022 Surgery Buddies

39 minutes ago, Rdy4Change said:

My surgery is scheduled for April 20th. I'm super nervous and second guessing myself. I'm was able to lose 30 lbs (as of today) in the last 4 1/2 months. I'm at 212 lbs and have always struggled with getting into onederland. Am I overthinking...

OMG! Same here I'm due for a hiatal hernia repair and gastric bypass on the 27th of April. I've lost 30lbs since December 5th I was 240lbs now I'm down to 211lbs I've got another 77 to go! my whole family keeps saying you don't need the surgery youve got such willpower you've lost 13kilos already you can lose another 13 easily! BUT they don't understand that it's not about losing it's about keeping it off! I've lost many times before but put it back oh after I stopped all the hard work. I've managed to lose 13 kilos with the help of Ozempic at the same time which really helps with my hunger pangs, but I know myself the weight is just going to come back on within a couple of months once I stop using ozempic! as my weight is hereditary I put it on very easily I'm just happy that I'm losing before the surgery so it to be quicker to reach my goal weight post-surgery💪😊🙏

Edited by Merill

I think more than anything, my worry comes from the possibility of a negative health outcome. I worry about the hernia and gerd. But I'm tired of being uncomfortable in my own skin.

6 minutes ago, Merill said:

OMG! Same here I'm due for a hiatal hernia repair and gastric bypass on the 27th of April. I've lost 30lbs since December 5th I was 240lbs now I'm down to 211lbs I've got another 77 to go! my whole family keeps saying you don't need the surgery youve got such willpower you've lost 13kilos already you can lose another 13 easily! BUT they don't understand that it's not about losing it's about keeping it off! I've lost many times before but put it back oh after I stopped all the hard work. I've managed to lose 13 kilos with the help of Ozempic at the same time which really helps with my hunger pangs, but I know myself that the wait is going to come back on within a couple of months once I stop using ozempic as my weight is hereditary I put it on so easily I'm just happy that I'm losing before the surgery so going to be quicker to reach my goal weight post surgery💪😊🙏

That's my concern also. I always feel hungry...

6 minutes ago, Rdy4Change said:

That's my concern also. I always feel hungry...

I suggest you consult your doctor about Ozempic it helps with the liquid diet as well you don't feel so hungry.

But congratulations on losing before surgery you've done really well👏👏👏😊

10 minutes ago, Rdy4Change said:

I think more than anything, my worry comes from the possibility of a negative health outcome. I worry about the hernia and gerd. But I'm tired of being uncomfortable in my own skin.

Yeah same here I'm worried about the negative side effects post-op but worried about the hernia staying there for many years again and I'm so sick of waking up in the middle of the night with acid reflux sitting up all night fighting not to sleep I'm just so over it and so exhausted I've even thought about asking the doctors whether I can have just a hernia repair and if I do will I lose my chance of the whole surgery will it be postponed - so many question marks in my mind😐☹️

3 minutes ago, Merill said:

I suggest you consult your doctor about Ozempic it helps with the liquid diet as well you don't feel so hungry.

But congratulations on losing before surgery you've done really well👏👏👏😊

Please keep me updated with how you go as I will be following you you're free to follow me I will keep you updated with my results as well the more we share the more we have Insight in how to deal with it I guess

Just now, Merill said:

Please keep me updated with how you go as I will be following you you're free to follow me I will keep you updated with my results as well the more we share the more we have Insight in how to deal with it I guess

My Breakfast at work lol

16503307097508575518893548961952.jpg

I've read on the forum many revise to a bypass if they have hiatal hernia and acid reflux. This wouldn't be an option for me, I had colon cancer and need to have yearly colonoscopy. Makes me feel its higher stakes with the sleeve as I won't be able to revise.

2 minutes ago, Rdy4Change said:

I've read on the forum many revise to a bypass if they have hiatal hernia and acid reflux. This wouldn't be an option for me, I had colon cancer and need to have yearly colonoscopy. Makes me feel its higher stakes with the sleeve as I won't be able to revise.

Yes I too have read that and was quite surprised that it can be reversed I didn't know until I joined the forum, I'm glad I did! We can learn so much from others's experiences there's a lot of ideas that people have used reviewed and shared on this forum wich I found so informative.

Need some help....
Day 4 post gastric bypass and I just can't stomach the broth. I bought a variety of different types, also Bone Broth and bariatric Soup broths as well as pre made and froze my own. I hate everything!!! Its literally that dramatic for me right now... I can't even stomach the thought of drinking any of it. Send help I'm having a lot of regrets at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G986U using BariatricPal mobile app

15 minutes ago, Cara_luvnlite said:

Need some help....
Day 4 post gastric bypass and I just can't stomach the broth. I bought a variety of different types, also Bone Broth and bariatric Soup broths as well as pre made and froze my own. I hate everything!!! Its literally that dramatic for me right now... I can't even stomach the thought of drinking any of it. Send help I'm having a lot of regrets at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G986U using BariatricPal mobile app

If you hate it, don’t have it in your diet. It is temporary. Try a variety of herbal teas, sweet, spicy, fruity. Infuse some Water with lemon, lime, cucumber, blueberries. Lots of choices. The most important thing is getting your fluids and Protein in one sip at a time. Plain water is best, many of us invest a lot of time trying to find ‘something’ to meet our dietary needs. 4 days post op your priorities are a short list: walk, sip, rest repeat. Hang in there!! Keep posting.

Be Well,

Tina

Just received a call that my COVID test came back positive. My surgery is cancelled for at least a month. This is an emotional rollercoaster 😭

Last night, I just kept repeating to myself all the reasons that led me to seeking the sleeve. Sad and discouraged at having to wait, to keep having the "what ifs" cycle through my head.

20 minutes ago, Rdy4Change said:

Just received a call that my COVID test came back positive. My surgery is cancelled for at least a month. This is an emotional rollercoaster 😭

Last night, I just kept repeating to myself all the reasons that led me to seeking the sleeve. Sad and discouraged at having to wait, to keep having the "what ifs" cycle through my head.

Oh I’m so sorry to hear that. The same thing happened to me too, but if anything by the time my surgery came around I was more determined and in a ‘let’s get this over with’ frame of mind.

4 hours ago, Rdy4Change said:

Oh no! I’m so sorry

I understand your disappointment. Remember, everything happens for a reason. Keep the Faith.