Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2022 Surgery Buddies

we are surgery twins! good luck tomorrow!!
Surgery triplets!!! [emoji171][emoji171][emoji171][emoji16][emoji7]

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

[emoji256]Good luck to you if you are scheduled for tomorrow, 4/5/22![emoji256]
[emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]
Ty. I'm now post op two days. Still sore but hanging in there.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, bespinalmelendez610 said:

Surgery day heading to the hospital nervous and exited at the same time waiting so long 🙏

❤️Good luck!!!!!!❤️

On 04/08/2022 at 06:34, bespinalmelendez610 said:

Surgery day heading to the hospital nervous and exited at the same time waiting so long 🙏

Best of luck to you!

6 minutes ago, Metalgirl said:

I'm new here. Gastric Bypass scheduled for 4/22. I went for EKG, labs & chest Xray yesterday. I go to my surgeon today for my results.
I also started my 2 week liver reduction diet today.

Sent from my SM-F926U using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome! Congrats on the surgery date.

Happy Friday!!!!!

I hope the april surgeries who went this week OR today are are on the mend and doing well! I am apparently going to get a CPAP as I received a call from the CPAP Home person today and she said that my doctor had just ordered it. She said she will be in contact with me regarding when it can be picked up.🤷‍♀️

I spoke with the Personal Nurse Advocate on Wednesday. She was nice, but didn't have anymore information at this point than I do. 🤷‍♀️ She and I had a good long laugh at the fact that it was quite obvious my surgery would NOT be Monday, 4/11. 🤷‍♀️ She told me she would put in a call to the surgeon's practice and find out what was going on. THIS is what's going on: I'm getting a CPAP machine. 🤷‍♀️ Oh, and I haven't heard back from the PNA yet. 🤷‍♀️

I am now thinking that it might be a good idea for me to look into surgery mid-June when school ends. I know I am having a hernia repair and RNY, and in light of those facts, i'm thinking that more time to recover would likely be smarter than less time. My husband agrees.

Lots of shrugging in this post...🤷‍♀️...I did everything I could to have this happen on Monday, but it's just not to be. Time to get the house cleaned to within an inch of its life, and just wait. It's all good. Wishing everyone a restful weekend!

As a pastor, I've had many people who surgery was postponed and they couldn't understand why.... Well, it's a blessing that you have more time to drop the weight before surgery. This will help with your sleeping and overall health. Continued prayers to you and your family. And great job on the house cleaning... Pastor Tracy

5 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

Congratulations! 🙌I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well!🙌

I had originally thought my surgery date would be Monday, 4/11, but clearly THAT is not going to happen. I'm waiting to hear from the surgeon's admin as to where I am in this process. I'm seriously thinking of becoming a mid-june surgery at this point and doing it right after the last day of school. Obviously, I'm not going to have spring break to recover. Oh well.

Please keep me posted on your journey. and congrats again!

Well, I will be praying something good comes your way. I hope they tell you you are going to have surgery soon.

Hey everybody. I just had my sleeve surgery on Monday the 4th. I’ve been recovering the last few days with the incision pains and the gas pains, but also my pouch has gotten really swollen. Is anyone else experiencing this?

29 minutes ago, Donna Suz said:

Hey everybody. I just had my sleeve surgery on Monday the 4th. I’ve been recovering the last few days with the incision pains and the gas pains, but also my pouch has gotten really swollen. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hi Donna, congrats on a successful surgery! I know many of us haven’t had our April surgeries yet so maybe you would get better answers if you posted in a general forum? I’m sure it’s fine. Feel better!

1 day post op. Actual surgery went great, but recovery had some struggles. My oxygen levels during recovery were tanking and then at night my heart rate shot up and they were worried I might have a leak. Surgeon was called and he told the nurses to stop giving me lidocaine and give me two bags of fluids instead of one. Heart rate immediately went to normal. These surgeons know their stuff!

I've handled the liquid diet really well. They even took me off the clear liquid diet today and started giving me pudding and popsicles and creamed Soup and I've handled it all great. I'm pretty fired up and ready to rock this!

3 minutes ago, Wolvesbane said:

1 day post op. Actual surgery went great, but recovery had some struggles. My oxygen levels during recovery were tanking and then at night my heart rate shot up and they were worried I might have a leak. Surgeon was called and he told the nurses to stop giving me lidocaine and give me two bags of fluids instead of one. Heart rate immediately went to normal. These surgeons know their stuff!

I've handled the liquid diet really well. They even took me off the clear liquid diet today and started giving me pudding and popsicles and creamed Soup and I've handled it all great. I'm pretty fired up and ready to rock this!

Congrats on a successful surgery- recovery sounded scary but glad you are ok. Wishing you continued success! I’m 11 days away from my sleeve

Hello to all of the April surgery buddies. I have been looking at this forum for a few weeks now and finally decided to create an account. I had to complete a 2 week liquid only diet. The first 3 days were awful but after I was able to make it through. I had the gastric sleeve and a hiatal hernia repair on April 5th. So I am 3 days post op. I feel better today than I was day 1 post op. I've been getting in about 55 ounces of fluids (water), and 50 grams of Protein (shakes) in thus far. The trick is that I have to start sipping around 6am to reach this goal by 11:00pm

Currently, I'm still experiencing gas pains and I get spasms in my stomach when I drink anything cold. So everyday I'm learning something new with my new stomach. I have my first follow up appointment next week and I can't wait to move to soft foods stage. I am sooooo over the sweet taste.

For those of you who are now post op, how are you holding up? Do you still feel bloated, and are you able to tolerate cold liquids? I look forward to hearing from you all soon.