Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2022 Surgery Buddies

Omg! I’m so glad that I found this. I’m having my surgery on April 7th!! Gastric sleeve. I’m very nervous but excited at the same time.

I read that some of you have to do a liquid diet 2 weeks prior surgery. That’s wild. Mine is 2 days, thank God!!

How are you feeling guys?

On 3/18/2022 at 4:20 PM, Quesodip251 said:

Hey! I have bypass on April 26th as well! Wanna be surgery buddies?

I'd love to be your surgery buddy. Where are you located? I'm in Ohio.

On 03/20/2022 at 04:00, Catlady007 said:

Omg! I’m so glad that I found this. I’m having my surgery on April 7th!! Gastric sleeve. I’m very nervous but excited at the same time.

I read that some of you have to do a liquid diet 2 weeks prior surgery. That’s wild. Mine is 2 days, thank God!!

Congrats! You are very lucky to only have to do it for 2 days. My surgery is on April 4th and my liquid diet starts tomorrow March 21st. Gonna go to the store today and pick up the rest of what I’ll need so I don’t have to go shopping the whole 2 weeks.

I'm one day before you April 6 and was just given my surgery time. 3 days liquid diet for me with eight days of 1000 calories. I've ordered my Vitamins. Bought broths, Jello and such already. Trying to get myself mentally and physically prepared. I'm also having the gastric sleeve. I've taken my before measurements and pictures too. Also got appointments out of the way. dentist, eye exam, hair cut, etc... Yes, I am a planner. [emoji23]

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X705F using BariatricPal mobile app

Good idea about the appointments. I will schedule a hair cut soon. I’m scheduled for VSG 4/19, 2 week liquid diet prior. I purchased all my Vitamins, abdominal binder, broth, Jello, Protein Shakes, etc.. I bought silicone popsicle molds from Amazon and I plan on making my own sugar free ices. I am taking the surgery week off from work and working from home the 2nd week.

Good idea about the appointments. I will schedule a hair cut soon. I’m scheduled for VSG 4/19, 2 week liquid diet prior. I purchased all my Vitamins, Abdominal binder, broth, Jello, Protein Shakes, etc.. I bought silicone popsicle molds from Amazon and I plan on making my own sugar free ices. I am taking the surgery week off from work and working from home the 2nd week.

I work from home but was given clearance for three weeks off. I am going to take the full time to focus on me and establishing a good daily routine. Thanks for the reminder about the binder. My surgeon doesn't require them but I have one from a hernia surgery. I think I will get it out just in case.

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X705F using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh wow, I’m so behind. The only thing I’ve bought is Jello. I need to go shopping soon so that I’m ready. Excellent idea to get that out the way. I basically made this decision not that long ago after doing lots of research. I had the appointment with the nutritionist on Friday and this Tuesday I have my appointment with the psychologist.

Yea, I was given the option for 4 weeks off, but i need to be busy or else I think I will struggle mentally so I’m going to go back after 2, unless I really feel bad then I’ll take more time. I got the binder pretty cheap on Amazon I figure that I would rather have it on hand even though I may not use it. I’m getting excited!!

1 minute ago, Goldengirl321 said:

Yea, I was given the option for 4 weeks off, but i need to be busy or else I think I will struggle mentally so I’m going to go back after 2, unless I really feel bad then I’ll take more time. I got the binder pretty cheap on Amazon I figure that I would rather have it on hand even though I may not use it. I’m getting excited!!

Me too! Big changes ahead for sure.

I only work 2 days out of the week from home. I’m taking of the day of the surgery (of course) and the week after. And then going back to the office. Let’s see how that works 🤞🏼

2 minutes ago, Catlady007 said:

Oh wow, I’m so behind. The only thing I’ve bought is Jello. I need to go shopping soon so that I’m ready. Excellent idea to get that out the way. I basically made this decision not that long ago after doing lots of research. I had the appointment with the nutritionist on Friday and this Tuesday I have my appointment with the psychologist.

Congrats! I got approved for surgery back in Jan but I wanted some time to get myself together and to prepare work for the surgery so that’s why I scheduled for mid April. My ex husband had the surgery and so I’m learning from his mistakes and getting organized now.

5 minutes ago, Goldengirl321 said:

Congrats! I got approved for surgery back in Jan but I wanted some time to get myself together and to prepare work for the surgery so that’s why I scheduled for mid April. My ex husband had the surgery and so I’m learning from his mistakes and getting organized now.

Oh, that’s awesome. That you had someone close that did it. I have a friend that did it years ago and she told me that this was the best decision she ever made. I’m meeting with her sometime next week for tips and things like that. I’m so excited!!

I have many colleagues that have had various bariatric surgery and most have done very well. They are all younger though. I am 57 and have many more years of bad habits to break. Lol. But I have a lot of determination to do it as well.

I haven’t told anyone that I’m having the surgery, I plan on telling people if they ask that I had a hernia surgery, I’m just a private person and I think a lot of people are misinformed about bariatric surgery. But that’s great that you have coworkers to lean on. I just have this message board! I’m going to be 45 tomorrow so I’m not too young but yes it’s time to start living a new life!