Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2022 Surgery Buddies

29 minutes ago, Donna Suz said:

Good luck, you can do this! My liquid diet starts on the 21st. I’ve been trying to ease my way into it. Making small changes and reducing my calorie intake each week before it starts. That way it’s not such a shock to my system. I wouldn’t want to do the actual diet for more than 2 weeks though. That is going to be so hard in itself. Looking forward to hearing how you do. My surgery is just a few days after yours.

Thank you hun.

My LRD is 800 calories I deffo wouldn't be doing it early if it was liquid only. what date is your op x

32 minutes ago, Goldengirl321 said:

Good luck you got this!! I’m 4/19 sleeve and also nervous. I heard the had pains are the worst so try and walk around as much as possible

Thanks hun.. The 19th will be here before you know it. I'm going to force myself to walk as much as possible x

18 minutes ago, Crinkles said:

Thank you hun.

My LRD is 800 calories I deffo wouldn't be doing it early if it was liquid only. what date is your op x

My date is Monday, April 4th. 800 calories is so little, even if it’s not full liquid. The plan they gave me isn’t calorie specific, but I believe it ends up coming out to somewhere between 800-1000 calories. We got this, just around the corner now.

20 hours ago, PurpleAngel73 said:

April 5th is my surgery date as well. Doing the SADI/SIPS surgery. Which one are you having and which state? Welcome to the losers bench. That's the weight losers bench!!!

Hi, I am having a vertical gastric sleeve. I am in WA state.

I’m 6 weeks from surgery and the wait is killing me! I decided to start lifting weights 🏋️♀️ so that I can start the healthy lifestyle process now.

I have 31 until my surgery and I am starting to get very nervous. I know this is what I want and need but I am having some serious anxiety. I keep thinking about all the things that happen after surgery, like Hair loss and sagging skin, skin infections, micronutrient deficiencies, bone loss and about a hundred other things. I'm having trouble sleeping. Is anyone else going through this?

Sent from my SM-N986U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was starting to go down that rabbit hole too, then I stopped reading so many message boards and looking for things to worry about. Fact is, sure you can run into issues but you would have more issues remaining overweight. That’s what I keep telling myself. If we focus on our Protein intake, walking and moving around as much as possible, taking our Vitamins etc all will be good.

Thank you goldengirl321.

Have you already had your surgery? If not do you have a date scheduled?

GoldenGirl1321, I am scheduled April 19th too!! Where are you located? I am in Maine, we should keep in contact since our dates are the same. How are you doing, I haven’t lost much weight preprocedure. I have my prep visits scheduled April 4 and April 6 ( dietician and surgeon). Then the prep begins… excited but anxious too!!

I spent a lot of time today looking for the Vitamins I will be taking after the surgery. I was reading the packet I got from my surgeon and there was a lot of details I needed to go over to make those decisions. I had started a Vitamin regimen based on some YouTube videos I watched, but after getting into the nitty gritty of it I realized I was going to need much higher dosages than what was recommended. It took me some time to balance out what I needed for the amount of money it will cost me every month. As I was doing this it made me feel much better about the care I am going to give myself after the surgery which greatly reduced any anxieties I was having. I’ve got about 3 weeks to go (My surgery is April 4th) and I’m planning on concentrating on preparing for my post-op needs.

11 minutes ago, Donna Suz said:

I spent a lot of time today looking for the Vitamins I will be taking after the surgery. I was reading the packet I got from my surgeon and there was a lot of details I needed to go over to make those decisions. I had started a Vitamin regimen based on some YouTube videos I watched, but after getting into the nitty gritty of it I realized I was going to need much higher dosages than what was recommended. It took me some time to balance out what I needed for the amount of money it will cost me every month. As I was doing this it made me feel much better about the care I am going to give myself after the surgery which greatly reduced any anxieties I was having. I’ve got about 3 weeks to go (My surgery is April 4th) and I’m planning on concentrating on preparing for my post-op needs.

That really does work. I had a malignant melanoma and was super anxious and one of the nurses I came across told me to start a binder keeping all my scans and records, appointments, etc all organized. Basically focus on what you CAN control. Making plans for what you need post op is doing exactly that. It helped ease my Anxiety quite a bit.

Hi, I am having a vertical gastric sleeve. I am in WA state.
Cool. Well good luck with your surgery. I will be praying for you and everyone about to have surgery in April. I'm going to need it too. I had two C-section surgeries. So, I don't know how much pain I will be in this time around. I was in less pain with my my second child. But, it's been well over 25 years since then. Maybe it won't be so much. But, I am close to 50, two years away. But, I'll never know until the day it happens. Maybe we can be surgery twin buddies.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 3/7/2022 at 9:46 PM, Rara0323 said:

For sure! Do you have to do a liquid diet 2 weeks before?

Nope. Only the day before, which is Easter. My family's gonna be chowing down while I struggle lol

Hi all. After waiting since 2018 I am finally going for my sleeve on 12th April. I am so anxious and really don’t want to scare myself out of this after waiting so long. I suffer from severe panic and anxiety disorder so it’s going to be so hard to get this done but so far my determination has kept me going. It’s been sprung on me kinda fast lol so trying to get my brain in gear. I’m worried as I’m half a stone over my start weight when I first saw surgeons in 2018. Will they cancel me? Sorry for waffling. Good luck all xxx

Shazza_ob1 the anxiety struggle is real! I, very recently had a huge anxiety melt down. For me organization is key. Having a folder or binder will be helpful. I cleared a shelf in my pantry for all of my post surgery supplies. This helped me greatly. I'm in the US and I assume by your wording you are not. I have no idea how the insurance process works but never be sorry for saying how you feel here. This is a safe place for all of us to say what we are feeling. Good luck 😊