Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is 4 months post op. I'm feeling way behind. Lost 35 pounds

35 lbs in four months is pretty good. You can't expect to lose as much as the people on "my 600 lb life" unless you start out weighing 600 lbs. I think I lost only a little more than that at that point, and my surgery center thinks I'm doing great!

Also... you may need to eat more to get the weight to drop. By 4 months out I was eating 800-1200 calories a day. I still 5 months out) eat a half cup or less of food, but I try to make that full of Protein and veggies.

What did your surgery center say? Do they think you're not losing fast enough?

Also, I totally feel your pain on the injuries. I was doing great with exercising but then I got tendinitis in both my arm and knee, so I was told to rest for a month. It SUCKS!

Gigi I am almost exactly 3 months post op and I have lost 33lbs. I'm sure you know that SO many things affect the rate at which we lose weight - starting weight, age, hormones, fitness level, exercise level - not just calorie intake. I already see my loss slowing down but I am in this for the long haul. People who hit a long stall will try to increase Protein, increase calories, try a different exercise regime - maybe upper body only for you - or even resistance bands to try to build a bit of muscle?

In any case you shouldn't be bummed - you've lost a significant amount of weight, you're already way healthier, and if you stick to your programme you're likely to lose even more.

Edited by Spinoza

Gigi I am almost exactly 3 months post op and I have lost 33lbs. I'm sure you know that SO many things affect the rate at which we lose weight - starting weight, age, hormones, fitness level, exercise level - not just calorie intake. I already see my loss slowing down but I am in this for the long haul. People who hit a long stall will try to increase Protein, increase calories, try a different exercise regime - maybe upper body only for you - or even resistance bands to try to build a bit of muscle?
In any case you shouldn't be bummed - you've lost a significant amount of weight, you're already way healthier, and if you stick to your programme you're likely to lose even more.

Thank you so much for the pick me up! It's been 11 weeks. I thought 4 months almost I guess.

Sent from my SM-A716U using BariatricPal mobile app

I just checked my monthly weight records. I just did it by the month, not the week (at least in my Excel spreadsheet), so this isn't exactly 11 weeks, but at the three-month mark, I'd lost 39 lbs. You're not quite at three months, but you will be in another week or two. So we're roughly the same. And I started out well over 300 lbs.

But that's still really good to lose 8 pounds a month. Pat yourself on the back and keep focused on your Protein and Water intake and you'll get there. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

P.S. If you stick to your clinic's plan and your overall weight trend is down, you're good. Some of us lose faster than others for a variety of reasons, that someone above listed. I was a slow loser from the get-go but followed my program to a "T", and I lost 100 % of my excess weight, over 200 lbs. As I wrote above, I was about at the same place as you are when I was 11 weeks out. So don't worry - you are doing just fine!

Edited by catwoman7

35lbs in 3 months is 280lbs in 2 years. You're doing wonderfully, well done.