Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I have been exercising for some time now on a treadmill and rowing machine in my basement. I finally decided that I wanted to try cycling as well. I bought a $499 Eschelon bike from Walmart and downloaded the Peleton app to my tablet. I was surprised by how many non biking classes they have. I followed one today on my treadmill and it was a great workout.

They also have a lot of classes for body weight and exercising without equipment. Just my two cents that it’s worth checking out even if you aren’t going to drop thousands on a special bike.

Oh and if you do want to use your own equipment I found that following a class on my “fake Peleton” worked great. No, I wouldn’t show up on leaderboards but I wasn’t going to anyway…haha. I did a prerecorded class and I could follow along well with my bike, and I’m pretty sure I got the exact same workout that the people with the 2500 dollar bike did. Also the app is only 14 a month if you don’t have their official bike, versus 40 if you do. Why it’s cheaper without their bike is beyond me but I’m not complaining!

If you use the app with the peloton bike or treadmill it keeps track of your workout metrics and heart rate so you can see if you’re gaining strength. You can also meet up on the bike with your friends that have bikes and cheer each other on. It’s pretty fun, but I’ve suspended my app because I started getting a pain in my knee when I rode and my favorite instructor left.

Yeah, I can see the social and tracking parts being better with the full link up and branded equipment. I’m not as concerned about those parts so I’m happy with this setup.

Going from running and feeling pretty confident in my skills to biking was pretty humbling I have to say- the muscles are very different and I need to build up different ones now. I like having greater variety in exercise, though, because just running is obviously missing some key muscle groups.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches