Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Sanborn - Chattanooga TN

I’m having surgery by his partner, Dr. Cronk, on 3/8. He’s very nice. I can update you after. Dr. Cronk was quicker for scheduling. They give you a checklist of stuff to do based on your surgery.

I saw Dr. Cronk today for my last pre-op visit. He is super nice, he answered all my questions and explained what to expect. My surgery is the 8th. He has done 500 surgeries using the robotic technique. I’m also excited to hear that the hospital rooms are private ones post surgery. Have you decided to see Dr. Sanborn or Dr. Cronk?

Hey! Just seeing this - didn’t get notification. So happy for you! How are you doing with surgery next week? I got in with Dr. Sanborn who was also nice and said I’m a candidate for bypass or sleeve so I’ll need to decide🤷🏽‍♀️. I’m 1/2 done with my pre op / insurance requirements. How long did it take to get you scheduled for the surgery?

Once I finished my pre-op checklist, it was only about a month before surgery date so not bad. I started the process in September, but I was responsible for some delays so I think that it could have been a shorter process. I postponed a couple of appointments due to the high Covid in the fall and then had a death in the family. Which surgery are you thinking of doing? It sounds like it won’t take you long to have a date being already half through your checklist.

I just wanted to update you on my experience. My surgery went very well on Tuesday and now on Sunday, I feel pretty much normal. My advice is to be first on the surgery schedule even if you have to wait an extra week or two. My surgery was moved up an hour and then delayed by 2 1/2 hours with little feedback and you can’t see your support person once they take you to pre-op. I was in pre-op about 4 hours. My surgery being so late also resulted in my not having a bed after recovery room. They put me in a cubicle in a very noisy area until I freaked out and spoke to the house supervisor. They finally moved me on the same unit into a real room. It was definitely not a post op unit, though. It was basically a do it yourself recovery overnight. Thank goodness I went home the next day. I’m certainly happy to be passed that part.

Have you decided on sleeve versus bypass? Do you have any reflux issues right now? If you do, I would definitely just go for the bypass. I had the sleeve and ended up with constant feelings of indigestion plus chronic gastritis. Of course, it’s too early to know anything about my bypass experience.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Glad you are on the mend. I will complete all of my pre op requirements at the end of the month so hope to get surgery in May. I will definitely be sure to be first. Still unsure about which type to get. I don’t have reflux and the sleeve is easier if I ever need a revision, but may loose more weight with bypass. Decisions…

I had my first consultation with Dr. Cronk on Wednesday, he seems nice. I had my gastrointestinal testing today, he already messaged me to let me know that the sleeve isn't going to be a good option for me based on the results. I'm going to do the bypass instead, but I'm extremely nervous. I had my heart set on the sleeve. He said they do 75% bypass and 25% sleeve, so I suppose they're experienced with it. Thanks for sharing your experience with this office, it makes me feel better somehow!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi PB&J, I had my one week post-op appointment today. I don’t even feel like I had a surgery. I’m a little bit tired, but that’s all. I think they do many, many surgeries and have plenty of experience. I’m sorry for your disappointment regarding the sleeve, but it’s much better to know that it’s not a good option. I had the sleeve and ended up with the upper chest pain of GERD without actually having reflux. This surgery was a revision to bypass. One surgery is better than two, lol.

3 hours ago, PB&J said:

I had my first consultation with Dr. Cronk on Wednesday, he seems nice. I had my gastrointestinal testing today, he already messaged me to let me know that the sleeve isn't going to be a good option for me based on the results. I'm going to do the bypass instead, but I'm extremely nervous. I had my heart set on the sleeve. He said they do 75% bypass and 25% sleeve, so I suppose they're experienced with it. Thanks for sharing your experience with this office, it makes me feel better somehow!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi, PB&J!

Dr. Cronk did my sister's gastric bypass surgery 3 years ago this July and he did an amazing job! They are both very experienced plus since it's the robotic laparoscopic bypass it's a fast recovery and not much pain at all. We are both very happy that we did the bypass. Hope this helps to put you at ease a bit!