Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am considering a possible Tummy Tuck and/or arm lift. I’m not sure if I really want to move forward but I am considering talking to some doctors. I would likely need a fleur de loa tummy tuck due to a lot of upper stomach laxity.

Does any one have any recommendations in the Pacific Northwest? Pdx, Seattle, etc? Anyone to stay away from?

Is it even possible to combine an arm loft with a tummy tuck or am I looking at two surgeries?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

I am interested too. I will want these surgeries too. My arms are a mess already and I am covering them all the time

Well, doesn’t look like anyone had suggestions thus far so I’ll just update my own thread 😜. I contacted Dr. Hayes and Dr. Waldorf, both in Portland, OR to see about setting up consult appointments. Both had good reviews but we will have to see how initial appointments go. My list of what to ask is:
1. Costs, and what are reasonable combinations of surgeries?
2. I have a lot of loose skin on the upper abdomen, would a traditional Tummy Tuck address this or is there another option?
3. I’ve read about drainless tummy tucks and I’d have a strong preference for that (don’t know why but drains really freak me out), is that a possibility and why/why not.
4. As a “far down the wishlist” idea, addressing the sad state of my cleavage post children and 175 lb weight loss would be nice. I don’t think I want implants but would like to hear a surgeons thoughts.

If anyone else has any thoughts, let me know! My dream is to get consults with both on the same day (morning, afternoon) so I can take one trip. I know both surgeons are quite popular however so I may be a long time out, and coordinating like that may be a long shot but a girl can dream.

I lived in Seattle when I had my MMO + arm lift, now live in Seattle. Apparently we’re in one of the most expensive areas of the country for plastic surgery. I ended up going to Dr. Alex Earle in Miami. What would have cost me nearly $40,000 here cost me $16.100 in Miami. Even with travel costs I came out way ahead. I spent a week there post op, and then had a couple zoom follow up visits after that.

Did you have both surgeries at once, or split up?
And I’m not surprised to hear about our being in an expensive region- seems like a shoebox is being sold for half a million most everywhere here, so makes sense surgery would cost more too. I really don’t want to travel but it might end up being my best option. 40k-ouch!!

Yes, I had it all done at once and am glad I did. One recovery, one chunk of time off work was the best option for me.

On 2/1/2022 at 1:58 AM, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

Is it even possible to combine an arm loft with a tummy tuck

Yep, it is!

I actually had 3 procedures done in one shot: Tummy Tuck, Arm Lift and Breast Lift.

It all depends on your surgeon, and what their policies are on how long they want their patients under and basically how fast they work with or without help, etc.

Im in Canada so I can’t really help in terms of recommendations nor pricing, but I will say that plastics is a game changer and am excited for you!

Good Luck and keep us posted!! ❤️

Oh man, now that I am hearing others combined the surgeries that might be a deal breaker for me. I want to just take care of it all at once if I can, because getting time away from work/taking care of my parents will be hard enough for one surgery much less multiple. As it is I feel like getting time off for my bariatric surgery took about my entire 6 month waiting period to coordinate.

It’s funny because in terms of where the loose skin is, my stomach is obviously objectively worse, but my arms are what bother me the most. I dream of wearing a sleeveless top someday, or waving at someone and having my arm not make a “thwack, thwack” noise.

I have a consult with Dr. Rachel Streu at Waldorf Center at end of March…I’ll update this thread with what I hear on costs, recommendations, etc. Here’s hoping it goes well! I was reading reviews online (of course) and one person was angry that she wouldn’t do surgery because of their BMI being too high and I immediately was concerned. I had to take a step back like wait, I’m not overweight, I have a BMI of 23. My knee jerk reaction to hearing anything like that is “oh no, that means me!” Old habits die hard.

Ok! I’m back and I have costs for anyone interested!
Dr. Streu, Portland. Super nice, took her time. I liked her and she says she has a lot of experience with things like this (175 plus weight loss). Recommended a fleurdelis, I have a lot of upper stomach skin. Can combine an arm lift, breast lift, and fdl tuck in one procedure. Would do a 23 hr stay at the surgery center. Drains are a must. Boo.
Fdl cost: 11,179
Breast lift: 6270
Arms: 3987
Facility fees and anesthesia 2600 and 1541, plus 725 for overnight stay
Some discounts for multiple procedures
Total cost 24,470

Second quote Dr baltrusch, Portland. Also super nice, was concerned about a male surgeon but he put me at ease immediately. Took plenty of time as well. He could only do arm lift and fdl tuck at same time- sounds like he is a bit slower, he’s a newer surgeon so I’m assuming that’s why.
Fdl: 8360
Arm lift:6050
Anesthesia:2077
Facility: 3200
Total 19907

So they are really on par with each other, since second one doesn’t include a breast lift. Btw this doesn’t include implants, I’m not interested in that and the surgeon actually said she recommends against it in cases like mine because they tend to shift, etc.

Both recommended the same procedures. Both also said recovery would be a bit rough, but could return to a desk job in 2 weeks. Both also said I don’t have really any more fat to lose. Second surgeon showed me how he measured the arm skin and said it was basically just skin on skin at this point. Feels weird to have doctors saying that I’m done with weight loss, but I have to trust they know what they are saying. I’m still 165 and 23 bmi. So might have a reasonable amount of skin at the end of the day….

At this point leaning toward Dr Streu. She has a lot of experience and could do an additional procedure. I was fine not addressing a breast lift until I knew it was a possibility. She’s booking out until fall so would be a ways off but I’m strongly thinking about booking!

Thanks for posting all this information ladies! I'm in Seattle and have lost about 150 pounds and I think I'm coming to the end of my journey. Weight loss is very slow at this point - I checked my tracking on My Fitness Pal and have lost about 14 pounds in the last six months.

Hence, I'm finally starting to consider skin removal. I have a couple recommendations for up here - one in Tacoma (Dr. Pratt) and one in Seattle (Dr. Salemy). I think I'm finally ready to make the call, and will come back and post prices and information here. I'm also looking at a chin life - surprisingly this is the part I'm most embarrassed about.

My family lives in Portland, and I was pleasantly surprised to see a price of $20-25k for the procedures I'm considering. It's only a two hour drive for me, so totally doable if the cost is significantly less than the Seattle Area. I don't know that I'd be willing to travel to Florida - I'd have a hard time asking my husband or mom to accompany me when they'd really just be babysitting and wouldn't be able to do anything but sit in a hotel room for a week. I'd happily pay the extra $5k to not go through that. Also, the flying after surgery. Even a week post-op I'm sure you're feeling better but still not great. I can't imagine going through the airport and a six-hour plane ride in that condition.

More to come!

Edit - I called DR. Salemy and they wanted a $100 consultation fee. Does anyone else thing that's weird? I decided not to book with them at this time. I was able to schedule a complimentary consult with Dr. Pratt's office (although with a different surgeon, as apparently Dr. Pratt only does face procedures) - unfortunately it's not until August. I asked if they'd put me on a cancellation list if something else opens up.

Edited by Blue Crystal

I did pay a consult fee for my two appointments. One was $100 and one was $150. I did feel like both surgeons spent a good amount of time with me so I felt the money was appropriate, in the sense that I was paying for their time. Maybe it’s not as normal and I didn’t realize.

If you are interested in a potential drive I’m booked with Dr Streu in pdx for August. I was impressed with her and the facility. In discussing specifics I also feel like the amount of OR time required for the three procedures indicates that she’s a relatively quick surgeon which is important to me. We will see how I feel in September anyway!

I ended up getting in earlier to see Dr. Ehret for a consultation at The Aesthetic Surgery Center in Tacoma, WA. After some asking around, I've found these prices are pretty high. I'll be taking the procedure names back to those I previously called, along with contacting Dr. Streu in Portland, to price shop these a bit:

Lower face/neck lift: $18,275

Eyelid lift (includes a "Laser Skin Treatment for $1,500) and Endobrow, which I think is some sort of less invasive procedure. All in all, this is to lift my brow slightly, get rid of some of my eyebrow sagginess from being heavier, and fill in the (now very) hollow area under my eyes: $15,450

Breast lift with augmentation (adding the fat under my armpits to my boobs (I don't want implants) $16,575

Breast lift without augmentation $13,395

Inverted T Abdominoplasty with liposuction $16,875