Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

I was just wondering something.

Anyone with PCOS, GERD, FATTY LIVER all or some of these conditions, what is the most weight that you guys have lost with the gastric bypass?

And for anyone who's had the bypass how did you guys prevent excess skin and, did you guys require surgery to fix the excess skin on your body such as:

A BBL, Tummy Tuck, BREAST AUGUMATAION?

Hopefully, my surgery date will be in April/May because I have to get an endoscopy and I'm super excited but nervous at the same time about my surgery.

And my main concern is I had an allergic reaction to my birth control in 2019 so I was just wondering what type of conceperative do guys use to prevent pregnancy without birth control do you guys use the depicote, IUD?

Wow! Your everything sure has a lot of stuff in it! JK those are all legitimate questions & things we all worry about pre-op.
Some things to take into consideration is your starting weight & your age.
The more you have to loose, the more excess skin you will have. If you are older, it might be harder for you to tone things up. The main thing is finding an exercise thing you can stick with! For me that has been Pilates. But even after doing Pilates 369 times I still have bat wings. I have always had a “poofy” stomach no matter how much I weigh, even at 100 pounds in my early 20’s.
I would love to have a Tummy Tuck, but someone would have to die for that to happen so I will go without one.
My daughter has that implant thing in her arm. She had a bypass just over 3 years ago (when she was 22) & has lost over 150. She has done great.

I had a bypass to correct a failed surgery I had 12 years prior to control GERD that had failed. Because of this I have to take a Previcid for the rest of my life. As long as I don’t over eat (more then 3oz) & I don’t have spicy food the GERD stays under control. Today we ate lunch at a new place. But my husband & I both got heartburn! So we won’t be eating there again!

I'm only recently bypassed, but I had bad GERD going into surgery, and it's under control post-surgery. Not even a whiff of it. But what has been an issue is the stomach acid causing ulcers at the stoma between my reduced stomach and new intestine join. So I'm on 40mg of Pantoprazole for at least 6 months, with the likelihood of having to take it longer because even with the drug, I still have the odd attack of pain. Early days in the grand scheme of things, but ulcers are a risk even when the reflux is gone.

Birth control pills never agreed with me either, so I've had excellent luck with the Mirena IUD. It's an unpleasant ride having it installed (especially if, like me, you've never given birth), but mercifully not a long procedure.

4 hours ago, pcoswarrior1994 said:

did you guys require surgery to fix the excess skin on your body such as:

Yessss.... I'm going to get this done in 2023 once everything has settled. It's cool, though, what a nice problem to have.

I lost 100% of my excess weight, over 200 lbs. And yes - I had a lot of excess skin. Plastic surgery is the only thing that could helped with it, so I went with that. I had a lower body lift, arm lift, face lift, and breast lift. I didn't want a breast augmentation - I was "well-endowed" most of my life, and I was tired of it. I wanted to be a B or C cup, which I am now.

I was already post-menopause when I had surgery, so birth control wasn't an issue for me.

I have a lot to lose, and if I am successful, there definitely will be lots of extra skin. I'm already planning for plastic surgery as long as I am deemed healthy enough for it. Since it will be expensive, I've already started saving money. If I wind up being miraculously lucky on the skin front, then I'll repurpose the money elsewhere. 🙂

For birth control, I can't help there as I take the mini-pill (no estrogen). I wonder, can they narrow down what your allergic reaction was caused by? There are many different types of oral contraception so not all formulations should have the same effect. I'd also note that many non-pill formulations also have hormones in them (most IUDs, implants) so knowing what specifically caused the allergic reaction would be good to know as you look at those options as well.

Whatever you decide to do for pregnancy prevention do something highly effective like IUD. You are much more fertile after surgery and it's not good to get pregnant right after surgery because you will not be taking in many calories.

Like @Queen ApisM said, maybe they can figure out what you were exactly allergic to so you know what else to try.

I am down 95 lbs and I already have loose skin in my thighs and my breasts are totally flat, but you can't see it with my clothes on. Don't panic. I don't plan to have skin surgery unless I am physically uncomfortable because I have heard the recovery is really unpleasant.

Most people who have this surgery will have fatty liver. Just be sure to follow the pre-surgery diet closely - the purpose of that is to shrink the liver so it's easier to do the surgery.