Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Periods (women only please)

On 2/8/2022 at 2:15 PM, DaisyAndSunshine said:

LOL at *women only please* 😂😂

I think it's fine for guys to learn a thing or two about periods too 😂

Yes sure I agree, just wanted responses based on experience rather than mansplaining.

On 2/9/2022 at 2:44 PM, pintsizedmallrat said:

Not to mention there are people who identify as male or non-binary who menstruate

You can identify as you wish and should be respected as such, however only cis women menstruate, not all cis women do but only cis women can.

Next time someone wants a female response only without having to explain why they may want to post here https://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/432-the-gals-room/. There is an equivalent male room for male specific issuex and/or males who prefer respones from males only.

Male members can read but are not meant to reply in the 'gals room' (and the sames applies to the equivalent males room).

The 'gals' room doesn't preclude biological males who identify as female (and the sames applies to the equivalent males room) but I hope people find a safe place in either room for what they are posting about.

1 hour ago, Hop_Scotch said:

Next time someone wants a female response only without having to explain why they may want to post here https://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/432-the-gals-room/. There is an equivalent male room for male specific issuex and/or males who prefer respones from males only.

Male members can read but are not meant to reply in the 'gals room' (and the sames applies to the equivalent males room).

The 'gals' room doesn't preclude biological males who identify as female (and the sames applies to the equivalent males room) but I hope people find a safe place in either room for what they are posting about.

Thanks that's useful information.

Hey All,

I have the Mirena IUD.

(Currently intimacy inactive)

I got it after having my baby end of 2019

I went from having NO cycle 20-21

To having WEIRD cycles and unpredictable spotting AFTER sleeve 12/21.

In the past I did use the Nexplanon (arm) no issues or than (vacation coloring) would be a orange brown hue.

I had surgery Wednesday the 6th and started my period Thursday the 7th. On the 8th when I got discharged I went to go to the bathroom and I’ve never seen that much blood in my life. But I’m also on blood thinners. First thing I’ve noticed is that the bleeding is heavier and my period is lasting longer than 2 days.

On 4/10/2022 at 10:36 PM, JessM87 said:

I had surgery Wednesday the 6th and started my period Thursday the 7th. On the 8th when I got discharged I went to go to the bathroom and I’ve never seen that much blood in my life. But I’m also on blood thinners. First thing I’ve noticed is that the bleeding is heavier and my period is lasting longer than 2 days.

Keep an eye on it and make sure you take Iron supplements.

On 3/2/2022 at 8:48 AM, Ngotsleeved said:

You can identify as you wish and should be respected as such, however only cis women menstruate, not all cis women do but only cis women can.

I am cisgender and was born female, but I do know trans men (who were assigned female at birth) who still menstruate every month.