Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lunch idea after gastric bypass

So I had gastric bypass surgery on December 6, 2021. After surgery I was sick throwing up a lot and very uncomfortable. Finally now I feel better again. Went back to work and finally started working. I don’t know what to eat for lunch. Since surgery I cook everything at home. I can’t eat food from outside food from restaurants make me sick.plus there is not many options that I can eat. Since having surgery when I go to work I stay all day without eating until I get home. Making me feel dizzy all day and with low energy. Does anyone has any ideas for lunch to take to work.thank you I would highly appreciate it.

What stage are you on? When you get to regular foods I always grab a lunchable or P3 Protein pack when heading out of the house but a Protein Shake isn’t a bad idea if you are not to soft or regular foods yet.

Edited by ShoppGirl

I agree with @philannony - just take whatever you’re making for yourself for dinner.

I was & still am a big cook it myself person & I still spend time ‘bagging’ up single serve portions of whatever I cook to put in the freezer. (Actually just bagged up three serves of a chicken & lentil Soup I made last night.) Before work, I’d just select a frozen portion & then zap it in the microwave at work. Easy. Also handy for those nights you don’t feel like cooking. My freezer is usually full of serves of soup, rissoles (meat balls), chicken tenderloin, lamb cutlets, savoury mince, corned beef, etc. Plenty of variety so you don’t get bored eating the same meal for lunch & dinner.

In those first months, mince dishes, Soups & casseroles were my go to as they always included some vegetable. Later chicken tenders were easy (just made a simple salad & tossed in the chicken at lunch). Also took cheese sticks, I also found a great frittata recipe. (I swap around the ingredients salmon instead of tuna & various veg.) Make it in a tray pan & slice it into portions or in muffin tins. Always a couple of serves of that in my freezer too.

All the best.

I agree with leftovers, but you can also buy deli meat, hummus, hard boiled eggs, raw veggies and fruits, cheese, etc. I travel for work so I can't take leftovers, but I find all of these things work for me. Also, Protein Bars.

A combo or anything below.........

tuna with some crackers and cheese, hard boiled eggs, rolled lunchmeat, chicken salad, egg salad, slices of spicy salami or pepperoni and some cheese slices/cubes, left overs, grape tomatoes, cucumber slices, cottage cheese, low fat yogurt tubes, nuts, sandwich roll ups on low carb tortillas, shrimp, etc.

I also suggest visiting Bariatric Queen's website. https://bariatricqueen.com/tag/bariatric-meal-prep/

She lists her meal plans at all stages and has lots of great ideas for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, etc.

Edited by SummerTimeGirl

An apple and a stick of sharp cheddar. Match made in heaven.

On 3/1/2022 at 9:41 AM, Pollito said:

An apple and a stick of sharp cheddar. Match made in heaven.

I'd kill for a Granny Smith apple right now, but I think I'm not out far enough from surgery. Maybe if I peel it that would be okay?

5 minutes ago, ardelia said:

I'd kill for a Granny Smith apple right now, but I think I'm not out far enough from surgery. Maybe if I peel it that would be okay?

Says your surgery was last year so I'd say you are far enough. Start with peeled, tiny bites, and go from there.

21 minutes ago, ardelia said:

My goodness, is this common for RNY'ers? I was eating everything (!) a month out.

Edit: in small quantities, calm down :D

Edited by Guest